“Inconsistent” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 87 Restaurants in Collingwood
Melbourne, Australia
“Inconsistent”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I've now eaten at Trippy Taco's twice, both times I got take away.

The first time, the meal was absolutely stunning. We got a Burrito and the Mixed Tacos, along with the Paprika chips. The Taco's were stunning; the ingredients were fresh and delicious, and like the Burrito, the flavour of the food was perfectly balanced. The Paprika chips were surprisingly delicious! Loved it, and insisted we return.

The second time the meal was well, poor. This time we got two Burritos and one Taco. The Taco was poorly assembled, and two two Burritos were missing rice. Instead of rice, the chefs seemed to have filled it with twice the previous amount of black beans, which overwhelmed the meal, had an unpleasant texture and just made them unenjoyable. A good Burrito needs the rice, not just because I like the rice (I don't really, though my partner does), but it balanced out the Burrito.

If I return in the future, seeking my original experience, I'll be eating in so I can send it back if its as bad as the second.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Melbourne, Australia
“Yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is a funky little place for cheap and tasty mexican food. Always busy with no frills but really yum food.

Visited June 2012
Lennox Head, Australia
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I really enjoyed my experience at Trippy Taco. I ordered a burrito, which was full of ingredients, all very fresh and flavoursome - not to mention HUGE! We also ordered trippy fries, which were beautiful and margarita's. There were three of us, we all ordered a meal, plus fries for the table, and a margarita each and it cost $77 - such good value. No complaints whatsoever. The service was fast and friendly, and the atmosphere buzzing. Will definitely return.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hobart, Australia
“amazing value, fantastic veggo/vegan fare!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

the food is fresh and simply delicious!!!

a wonderful and varied menu and clearly the taco's, nacho chips etc are made fresh.

the place has a cool and friendly vibe... and did i say it was cheap!!! wowsa's!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fresh deliciousness at the right price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Had the tacos. Great flavours, fresh ingredients, good service, great price. Highly recommend for a casual, low fuss lunch.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere