“Comfortable and quiet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Wakefield

You added Ramada Wakefield to your Saves list
Ramada Wakefield
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Fryers Way, Silkwood Park, Ossett, Wakefield WF5 9TJ, England (Formerly Days Hotel Wakefield)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ossett
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Comfortable and quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed for one night. The room was clean, comfortable with a huge double bed. Lovely warm room, with a decent bathroom and large shower. There was a good choice at breakfast, and the cooked meal was fresh and hot. Staff were very friendly, and the atmosphere relaxed.

Room Tip: Ask not to be locaed above the kitchen.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I purchased a twin room on late rooms for £49 which was an absolute bargain and from the photos I was looking forward to my stay... How wrong I was :(

On arrival at 3.30pm, we were told our room wasn't ready (check in is after 2). We were told to wait in the bar and 15 mins later our room was ready. When we opened the door we were greeted with the overwhelming smell of musky cigarette smoke, hairs in the shower, DIRTY towels, our TV didn't work and there was a cigarette butt next to our bin. We complained at reception and there was 'nothing they could do about it and quite frankly the reception staff couldn't have cared less.

I was really disappointed with our stay and even though we did get this room at a good deal, the room itself should be to a certain standard. Luckily, we only used the room to sleep in but I won't be staying here again in the future.

AVOID ROOM 424!!!!!!!!....

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Perfect for my business trip to Wakefield
Really friendly staff and a modern clean hotel
Really recommend it.
Would definitely stay here again.
Lots of parking room for vans and food isn't bad at all. Bar and restaurant downstairs was sufficient enough because there isn't a lot of stuff nearby in walking distance.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Wakefield Ramada proved to be perfect for my requirements. It is very reasonable and perfectly situated for the motorway. The room was a good size and impeccably clean with a very neat bathroom and quality tv etc. The bed was so comfy I tried to find the makers label on the mattress for future reference. Staff were helpful and the meals in the restaurant, whilst being rather limited, were tasty, well portioned, well cooked, and also great value. This is not a boutique hotel or a fine dining country house hotel but for an overnight stop near the motorway it would be hard to beat. Well done.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have stayed at this hotel for many years now. Not often do we use facilities other than the room. Nor I used any of my WYNDHAM/REWARDS No: 118839513K which I have for many years now; I usually book online and I have no record of points to date because in all those years I haven't used my points. Please let me know how many points are credited to me.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Recently stayed at this so neat hotel with a host of friends attending a birthday party nearby

Friendly greetings, staff were very friendly and helpful. A more pleasant surprise was the standard of the room.
For a twin room, cost of £49 - exceptionally good value

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

Just home from an overnight stay at this hotel and felt I had to write this review. We were in Wakefield for a family party so booked the Ramada as it was fairly close to party venue. Wasn't expecting too much but I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is lovely, rooms are spacious and immaculate. Very comfortable beds and roomy bathroom with fabulous shower. The staff are a credit to the hotel, very pleasant and helpful. We only had breakfast in the restaurant but it was scrumptious and huge choice for a good price. All in all I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Wakefield? Share your experiences!