I was slightly surprised to be allocated rooms a long way from reception when checking in (for two nights), but on returning at around 11pm on the second night, I appreciated it as there was a wedding party in full swing, which was not at all audible from the room. On the first night the hotel seemed to be largely filled by two coach parties, but again this was not too much of an inconvenience as they ate both dinner and breakfast earlier than we wanted to.
Easy to find location, slightly slow check-in and out, but exceptionally friendly staff in the restaurant. The rooms were entirely standard for a Holiday Inn, but clean. Breakfast similarly typically Holiday Inn. Plenty of car parking .... and good value.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Wakefield m1, Jct. 40 Hotel
- Holiday Inn Wakefield m1, Jct. 40 Hotel Wakefield
- Holiday Inn Wakefield
- Wakefield Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Leeds-Wakefield M1, Jct. 40 enjoys an excellent location 9 miles south of Leeds City Centre. It is situated off Junction 40, M1 and only 2 Junctions away from M62 Motorway. It is a fantastic base for visiting locations such as Leeds, Sheffield, Bradford or York. The hotel combines an excellent range of facilities for both business and leisure travellers including Kids Stay and Eat Free*. Facilities include 104 fully air-conditioned bedrooms, High Speed Internet Access in all the bedrooms and public areas, and also conference and banqueting facilities for up to 160 people. Our Hotel restaurant, lounge and bar offer tempting dishes from around the world including the famous Holiday Inn breakfast. Both accessible and family rooms are available at the hotel. Holiday Inn Leeds-Wakefield has a range of purpose built meeting rooms that cater for all requirements from training courses, boardroom meetings and conferences to Weddings and Dinner Dances . The hotel provides an ideal base for visiting local attractions including the National Coal Mining Museum in Wakefield, Xscape Snow Centre in Castleford, the Royal Armouries in Leeds, National Museum of Photography, Film & Television in Bradford, the Yorkshire Sculpture Park or even the Yorkshire Dales. Alternatively, the hotel is just 15 minutes drive from the city of Leeds. *Terms and Conditions Apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.