Being self-employed, the price of business hotel accommodation is important, and I normally look at budget chains before Holiday Inns. However, for one night at HI Wakefield I was quoted £67.50 for room, breakfast and dinner, which works out cheaper than several of the budget chains once you have added meal costs. Nothing to complain about with the hotel, the rooms are a bit small but perfectly adequate, place is clean, staff are welcoming, food is very good. BUT ... my biggest beef with the IHG group remains, they still insist on charging - heavily - for internet access. McDonalds will give free unlimited broadband access to anyone that goes in for a coffee, and people paying £50+ for a hotel room are entitled to expect the same in my opinion. Surely IHG can understand that these charges just annoy people and put them off coming back? I can only assume that they are locked into a contract with an internet service provider which they can't afford to break - my recommendation would be that they bite the bullet, stick a couple of quid on the room charge and give free broadband access. I for one would then probably use them a lot more.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Wakefield m1, Jct. 40 Hotel
- Holiday Inn Wakefield m1, Jct. 40 Hotel Wakefield
- Holiday Inn Wakefield
- Wakefield Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Leeds-Wakefield M1, Jct. 40 enjoys an excellent location 9 miles south of Leeds City Centre. It is situated off Junction 40, M1 and only 2 Junctions away from M62 Motorway. It is a fantastic base for visiting locations such as Leeds, Sheffield, Bradford or York. The hotel combines an excellent range of facilities for both business and leisure travellers including Kids Stay and Eat Free*. Facilities include 104 fully air-conditioned bedrooms, High Speed Internet Access in all the bedrooms and public areas, and also conference and banqueting facilities for up to 160 people. Our Hotel restaurant, lounge and bar offer tempting dishes from around the world including the famous Holiday Inn breakfast. Both accessible and family rooms are available at the hotel. Holiday Inn Leeds-Wakefield has a range of purpose built meeting rooms that cater for all requirements from training courses, boardroom meetings and conferences to Weddings and Dinner Dances . The hotel provides an ideal base for visiting local attractions including the National Coal Mining Museum in Wakefield, Xscape Snow Centre in Castleford, the Royal Armouries in Leeds, National Museum of Photography, Film & Television in Bradford, the Yorkshire Sculpture Park or even the Yorkshire Dales. Alternatively, the hotel is just 15 minutes drive from the city of Leeds. *Terms and Conditions Apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.