“Hotel Fine - Restaurant service awful” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Wrotham Heath
Somerset
“Hotel Fine - Restaurant service awful”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stayed in this hotel on a recent coach trip. The hotel was clean, warm and reception staff very good. The breakfast was also lovely but what a let down the evening meal was. We were put into a cold conservatory with no tablecloths or any form of Christmas decoration (and this was meant to be a Christmas trip) but this was nothing compared to the awful service. For most of the evening we had one waiter who was from an agency with no waiting experience (although he did his best and was very friendly and obliging) and the food on the first night was nearly cold and tasteless and on the second night my daughter had the duck which was raw and inedible. We couldn't complain as there was no one to complain to and we just gave up and went to bed. When we did complain we were told they had Christmas parties in but as they knew this and knew we were coming I feel this was no excuse for being treated as second class and they should have made adequate arrangements for enough staff!

Room Tip: If you stay here just have breakfast don't risk the evening meal
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
I am extremely sorry that you felt your stay waslet down by your evening meal. We have taken your comments on baord and will be looking into them further to ensure this does not happen again. Please be assured that we value all of our guests and am sincerely sorry that you felt second class. It was however good to read that you enjoyed the rest of your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Hastings, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We, family of five, stayed here for a Sunday stay over. We arrived at 3 pm and our room was ready for us to accommodate. The room was perfect for a family party our size. Lots of space and very clean.
The pool and spa was great, again spotlessly clean.
We had dinner and breakfast included, which both were superb and amazing value. All of the staff were very courteous and looked smart.
The only negative points I have was the numerous used room service trays that seemed to sit outside the rooms the whole of the stay and the lack of pillows in our room.
Other wise our stay was great and we would definitely come back again for another stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to the hotel. I am so glad that you and your family had such a lovely stay. It was great to read you found the staff so courteos and how much you enjoyed all of our facilities.
I am so sorry that room service trays were left in the corridors, we will be reviewing our procedures with the food and beverage and housekeeping teams so that in future they are collected in a timely fashion.
I hope to be able to welcome you all back to the hotel in the near future.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

we stayed here before,we came back again because it a nice place to stay,the rooms are very nice,clean,we were looked after by the staff,also the breakfast is great,the food was hot and plenty of it,i will recommend to all my friends if they find them selves here,to stay at the holiday inn.....

Room Tip: i would say all the rooms are good,we were ground floor there was loads going on,but heard nothing...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Roy and Jean,
Thank you for taking the time to reivew the hotel, I'm so glad you choose our hotel to return to when you visit the area, adn would recommend us to all of your friends. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Sheerness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I attended my friends wedding here & stayed for 2 nights I was even able to check in early. It is easily located & the outside setting is beautiful. The hotel was really lovely with a homely décor, it was clean & of good quality. The staff were amazing to all of the guests & would go out of their way to help you. The wedding coordinators were so lovely to the bride
& were really attentive & made sure everything ran smoothly for her special day & looked after all the guests even remembering peoples names! I would certainly stay here again & definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Tracey,
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and for your great comments. I am so glad you had a great stay, enjoying your friends wedding.
It was great to read how the staff went out of their way to make the bride and groom and guests feel so special. I hope we can welcome you and your friends back to the hotel again soon,
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I have stayed here many asi I have business in the area, The rooms are very clean and tidy, can be a little cold as the heating is not great. No Spare blankets to be found in the wardrobe.
The breakfast is great, with a wide choice for all taste.
The restuaranut have just changed the menu, and I would say its much better, the food was great and the service from waiting staff was very good. The Pool and Gym facilities are very good.
Checkin could be better, as in IHG Gold customer you are supposed to complientry Wifi and a newspaper, this was not offered this time. And as for the Wifi I had to ask before to get the complientry wifi, and then when you do get it is so slow, I now just use my phone for web browsing.
Anyway great hotel and I will continue to use, they just need to ensure that reception desk staff are customer focused.

Room Tip: If you have difficulty walking ask for a room near to reception as it is a bit of a walk to some roo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Dave_House
Thank you for your comments. We are really happy you like our new menu - we have recently changed this and are glad to hear you enjoyed it. We're sorry you didn't get offered the free wi-fi available to you at check in - we will pick this up with our Front Office team to ensure this does not get missed in future, as well as ensuring that you get a great welcome. We hope you will continue to use us in the future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

My partner and I wrote this review to express what a wonderful wedding day we had at the Holiday Inn in Sevenoaks. Every single one of our guests commented on what a lovely venue it was and how excellent the service was in all aspects of the day.
The food was delicious and served really efficiently without keeping our guests waiting. Staff were more than happy to accommodate individual requirements and made a clear effort to keep everybody happy and satisfied. The bar staff were also excellent, keeping pace with a lot of orders whilst maintaining a welcoming and friendly service. The Wedding Co-ordinator team were superb, and helped to add the finishing and unique touches that helped give a real atmosphere to the whole event. They were unwavering in their attentiveness both in the lead up and actually on the big day, from helping entertain guests to arranging the finer details of the schedule that were vital to keep the day going.
We highly recommend the Holiday Inn in Sevenoaks to any couple looking for a potential venue and would like to say ‘Thank you all so much’ to the staff and team there.
Mr and Mrs Nicholls

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
I am so glad that you had a great wedding day at theHoliday Inn Maidstone. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We would like to wish you both much happiness in your married life together.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

The first impresions of the outside of the hotel were very pleasing and as we walked into the reception area we were very pleased as it looked a very good quality hotel. The lady on the reception was very friendly and greeted us with a lovely smile.The room was a standard room but had the air of a executive room. It was very spacious, clean and the bathroom was great the only downfall was the location of the room, it was next to a hall door which was very loud when being opened and shut and seemed to bang all night with many people going back and forward also the walls were very thin and unfortunatley we seemed to be next to a very noisy family. None of this was the hotels fault and I should have asked to move as soon as I had seen the location of the room. When the same lady on reception as the previous day asked me how the stay was I did mention the issues to her and she told me that they would have moved us had I requested it so in hindsight I probably would move if I was put in that room again. All in all a very nice hotel and the rooms were of a high standard.

Room Tip: If you are staying in room 237, remember to take ear plugs.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank yo for reviewing the hotel. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and found the rooms such a high standard. Sincere apologies for the noise issues that you experienced.

Been to Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks? Share your experiences!