“Don't order Room Service!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Wrotham Heath
“Don't order Room Service!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Staying here for two nights, the first evening I had a meal in the restaurant which was very nice. Service good. Second night I decided to order a room service. Burger, Chips and a side salat, nothing difficult. The guy on the phone told me it can take up to an hour I was ok with that. After an hour still no meal. Called room service call got diverted to reception. The girl told me she will ask and I should stay on line. After 20 seconds I got diverted back to the room service number and nobody obviously picked up the phone again. So I called reception and the same girl promised me this time to go to kitchen and ask calling me back. After 15 minutes and no call I went to reception. The girl I was taking to over the phone told me she didn't have the time to speak to kitchen or calling me back. So I asked her what she thinks is so difficult about a burger and chips to prepare. She explained to me that they have been very busy with the restaurant. At the same time the course facilitator turned up and as her over heard my complain he told me they have been in the restaurant which hasn't been busy at all and they left as after 90 minutes they still were waiting for the main course. What a bad experience. How can you behind the reception and lying to your customers. There was efidence that the restaurant wasn't busy, she just made up the story. The hotel is not that big that you can't see from the reception what's going on..... My meal did arrive on my room eventually, was ok but I didn't enjoy it. More the pint of bitter i also ordered as I needed a drink to get me over this redicolus experience.
So try to avoid Room Service

• Stayed May 2013
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to reiveiw the hotel. Please contact the hotel directly and speak to my operations manager who will be happy to discuss your comments further.

224 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband, grown daughter and myself stayed in a family room. We had booked a room with two single beds and a double bed, but when we arrived, they only had two double beds available. The room was huge, and also had a pull out couch. It had a small refrigerator as well. There was a Starbucks in the lobby which stayed open in the mornings, but closed later. The espresso machine was in a back room, so we worried what the latte would taste like, but it was good. The beds were decently comfortable and we slept better than we had in the holiday inn expresses we had stayed at (see my other reviews) The staff was friendly and helpful. The drive to Heathrow airport took a little over an hour when we left, but it was at 4 am, so it would probably take longer given worse traffic. The parking is free, and there is plenty of it. This hotel is just beautiful and in a beautiful location. I would stay here again, but you do need a car, as the transportation is limited. The roads around here are very narrow, and if you are used to driving in the U.S., can be scary.

Room Tip: Ask for a family room, they are huge!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing the hotel. I am so glad you had such a great stay and would stay with us again.
Maidstone, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had our wedding at the Holiday Inn Maidstone-Sevenoaks and the whole day was amazing. The staff were brilliant, so helpful and friendly. So many of our family and guests commented on how good they all were and how lovely the hotel was. It is a lovely venue for a wedding; nice outside areas for photo's, great food, impressive looking reception/bar/restaurant and the best staff you could wish your on the most important day of your life!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your wedding day with us at the hotel and all your lovely comments. I am so glad you had such an amazing day and all your friends and family had a great time.
Rochester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed at hotel after a wedding. Checked in after wedding about 01:00 which was easy considering there were a number of us doing this. Everyone was in high spirits so off to the bar we went. There was only 1 member of staff on bar who was very moody and slow but everyone get their drink eventually. Room was standard, no complaints. Breakfast in the morning was buffet style which was brilliant and just what you need after a night drinking serving tea/coffee, a full fried breakfast and fruit/cereal. Checkout was easy. Hotel also has a large carpark right outside.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing the hotel. I was pleased to hear how easy your check in was and that you enjoyed your breakfast, which is one of the things we pride ourselves on as a company. Sincere apologies for the bar staff and the slow service we will be looking into this.
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Goods and bad points here.

Good is the Staff, they were all very polite (and no that pretend I’m paid to smile polite).
I enjoyed the restaurant and the food selection.
The location is also very good. The grounds lovely and free parking is ample and welcome.
Towels and bed linen clean and crisp

Bad are ..
Whilst the room was spacious, they and the hotel in general are on the verge of needing a refurb.
This comes into contrast when you look at the price of a room. Very steep !
Also Wi-Fi is not free, and VERY expensive (24 hours use cost me more than I pay in a month for my own package).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for reviewing the hotel. It was great to hear how good you found the staff.
The hotel does have a redecoration plan which is continually in progress.
Unfortuantely the Wifi prices are set by our provider and are due to its speed and security. I do hope this will not deter you from returning to the hotel in the future.
KENT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I took my mum for a mothers day gift and we had a wonderful weekend. The check in was easy and the room was huge. We had a family room with 2 double beds it was comfy and there were choices of pillows! We went for a swim and a jacuzzi and it was nice and quiet... for a while just us, which was lovely. Normal extras like towels and a cossie spinner made it easy for hotel guests to enjoy. We used the garden outside the conservatory and enjoyed a starbucks chocolate and tea in a secluded sun trap. Dinner was nice with great service from all the waiting and bar staff. As i said before the bed was comfy and reasonably firm which is just what i like. Breakfast was great - huge choice and all great quality. Again check out was easy. We had a lovely relaxing quiet break for just £107 dinner bed and breakfast and £35 on top for drinks. I would definately go again with my husband or a girlie break. A comment for the hotel directly would be that u should bring back the in room paper version of the hotel details... it was such a pain having to find out information using the television such as we didnt know the pool provided towels/what time check out was/how much films were and ended up giving up and phoning reception. Something to read in the room would highlight your facilities and be a lot easier to gain information.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your great review of the hotel. I'm glad you and your mum had a lovely weekend with us and enjoyed all of the facilities. Your comments about the information on the television have been noted.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

My wife, my three daughters and I stayed here for three days as a cheap base to visit London. Rome was very comfortable, staff were some of the most helpfulI have experienced and the food in the restaurant was lovely (kids ate free which was a bonus on our budget). Location enabled us to explore some fantastic hidden gems in countryside around hotel and also London. We drove in and parked in O2. We got all day travel cards for underground for just over £18 in total and had a fantastic day. Even kids (14, 10 & 7) looked forward to returning to hotel.
Only downside was , we chose our dates based on the pool being refurbished the week before, but we only got one swim on the Monday and pool closed afterwards. Spoiled it a wee bit for kids, but overall great hotel.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am so glad you and your family had such a great stay. I do hope you enjoyed London and the other places you visited. Sincere aplogies that the pool had to be re closed during your stay.

Been to Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks? Share your experiences!