“Bit further than advertised” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Wrotham Heath
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Bit further than advertised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

Hotel is quite nice has swimming pool and gym all free to guests, warm welcome at reception.
Upgrade to room and i was on 2 nights for price of 1 breakfast extra.
It is in the hotel advertisement that it was 8 miles from Kimberly Clark where i was working but shortest route in dark foggy mornings in built up areas was 13.2. I did suggest that this should be put right put i was at first told it was only 5miles which represents 62.5% + on my journies.

Room Tip: Can walk to nearby beefeater pub or nice chinese restaraunt but it is unlit and footpath overgrown
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
HolidayInn_Maidstone, Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. I will look into the issue you raised. Your comments are truly appreciated. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. Thank you.

224 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011 via mobile

In the middle of English countyside there is a nice holiday inn, smart an nice, informal and warm.

• Stayed November 2011
Thank you for your comments. I appreciate your feedback. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Grantham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

And very little to add to that. Location is good. Meal was very passable, service very steady!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
HolidayInn_Maidstone, Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
Thank you for your comments. I appreciate your feedback.

Swindon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

We have been staying at this Holiday in for several years now. When we first stayed we couldn't believe how good it was for a holiday inn. The rooms were smart and the service excellent. We stayed in 2009 and were shocked at the state of the place, particularly the carpets. We were told that it was due to flood damage. When we booked to go this year we assumed it would have been refurbished in 2 years (or at least carpets replaced). We were disappointed to see the carpets in the lounge area were still horrible and stained. The rooms were quite shabby and the bathroom was dirty. The service was terrible. The harassed barman kept getting our order wrong. He was grumpy and had clearly had enough of running the busy bar on his own.

The internet access was overpriced. On the plus side it was nice to get a smoking room.

I really hope this hotel improves as we used to love staying here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
HolidayInn_Maidstone, Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Maidstone-Sevenoaks. Please accept my apologies for the shortfall in service that you received. I will be very happy to meet up with you on your next visit and discuss the many improvements made. I am pleased that you enjoyed the smoking room.

Holiday Inn Maidstone-Sevenoaks
Loughborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011 via mobile

Typical holiday inn in terms of offering and found staff ver friendly and helpful. I was actually working nights and they accommodated my nocturnal habits exceedingly well. On the one occasion I did order room service I asked if there was any chance of something that was not on the menu and chef was more than happy to prepare. One minor niggle was the bed was a little too bouncy for my liking but that's just about personal preference. Overall I liked this place and would use again.

• Stayed October 2011
HolidayInn_Maidstone, Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Thank you for the good feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Holiday Inn Maidstone-Sevenoaks
Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

I booked my wedding in the hotel and took advantage of their very reasonable packages. After looking at other hotels in the area and finding packages for around the £5k to £7k mark I was sold on the Holiday Inn after one visit due to how nice the hotel is. I have to admit that I was dubious as were a few family and friends. There is a good saying of "you get what you pay for" which did put some doubt in my mind that the service or food would lack due to the low price. The rooms for the reception and ceremony are bland and more geared towards meetings but once decorated were really like anywhere else.

I stayed the night before with a large group of family and friends, none of which had any problems booking in or with their stay. Food for breakfast was good and a standard buffet style. Both mornings staff were helpful and made sure we could all be seated together.

The wedding day itself was absolutely faultless. I had a person on hand all day who made sure everything was fine, he kept checking with me which was really nice. The wedding breakfast was lovely and food was a very good standard, staff even gave alternative desserts to guests who didn't like what they were given, the drinks reception was lovely, the evening buffet was really good and the DJ was brilliant and again kept checking that everything was to my satisfaction.

We were also given a suite for our wedding night which was massive and a really nice way to end our day.

I can't recommend this enough staff really were lovely and helpful in every respect. And bearing in mind I could've had the same package elsewhere for double/treble the price it's really amazing. The only one downside was the price of the drinks. Being the bride I didn't buy any all night but it has been commented on that they were very steep. In all fairness to the hotel they are a business and not a charity and have to make their money!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to give us such valuable comments. I am so pleased that everything went well. Congratulations and all the best.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

I love this hotel. I have stayed on business and more recently with my family. The rooms are well equipped and spacious. Great showers, friendly staff in every department and they all go the extra mile...apart from the chefs. This is why Holiday Inn frustrates me. We booked a table for two and left the kids to fend for themselves with room service so my wife and I could have a meal together. The first time in months we had the chance to just have the two of us. As we had driven that day through the Champagne region of France, we decided to order a bottle of champagne. Fantastic. Well presented, well served. I had Chicken skewers with a hot Japanese sauce. Well no I did not as it turns out. I had 4 pieces of bland chicken on a stick with no sauce. The chef forgot it. we returned it and was offered an alternative. We chose something different which when served was nothing like the description on the menu. We asked to speak to the manager who in the end was very apologetic, discounted our meal but said he was struggling to get the chef to serve what was described on the menu. General Manager, get this sorted out. I will stay here again but I always seem to be disappointed with the Holiday Inn restaurants I visit. Its not just Sevenoaks, its Edinburgh, Wakefield, Brighton, they all lack this chance to serve great food. One day I will learn my lesson and eat at a local restaurant. Anyway, highly recommend this hotel as a hotel and you will love the staff.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. Glad you had a good stay at the hotel. On reading your comments, I was disappointed to learn that the food served to you was below standard. I apologise for this. I was pleased to see that once we were made of aware of the situation we responded quickly. I hope in some way that compensated for the poor experience. We take all complaints seriously and would like to assure you that measures have already been taken to ensure similar situations do not occur for other guests staying at the hotel in the future.

Been to Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks? Share your experiences!