“Fantastic relaxing stay with Ayurvedic treatments” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bio Veda Ayurvedic Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Agonda
Bio Veda Ayurvedic Beach Resort
Devanbag,Agonda Beach, Agonda 403702, India   |
Ranked #16 of 32 Specialty lodging in Agonda
London
“Fantastic relaxing stay with Ayurvedic treatments”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

I stayed for 2 weeks in Nov/Dec 2011. I was at first apprehensive about staying on my own for the majority of the time, but I felt completely safe at Bio Veda. They gave me a lovely big hut with such a comfortable bed. It was possible to relax on the veranda or in the hammocks. The staff were very sweet and gave amazing treatments. When I was sick they even made me herbal tea, and I felt that I was being looked after and rescued me from a froggy visitor!

I liked that it did not have a restaurant but theres a great little place for chai and indian breakfast almost opposite on the road side - it doesn't have a name but it's were a lot of the locals drink chai. I would love to stay at Bio Veda again.

Room Tip: The sea front huts are noisy with the sounds of the waves crashing and get intensely hot from the mi...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

I have had many Ayurvedic treatments while travelling in India over the last 6 years, but can state clearly, without any hesitation that the treatments given at Bio Veda are in my opinion outstanding! I found staff to be thoroughly trained ,experienced, friendly and professional. Although I did not actually at the resort, I did observe the high standard of accommodation, the attention to detail and cleanliness and the general atmosphere of calm and peacefulness . Importantly, Bio Veda provides a very safe environment for a solo, female, traveller.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Munich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

Thank you to all the staff at Bio Veda for an amazing stay and treatments.
We will definately be back. The location is perfect and the beach facing huts were some of the best on agonda beach. We did a number of treatments and were totally satisfied with them all. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

I found Sunil in Palolem Ayurvedic Centre after having serious back pain for many years. After a series of treatments I experienced great improvement. This was 10 years ago, and I have followed them to their place in Agonda where I continue to receive outstanding treatment every year.

Their place is pretty much in the centre of the beach, with the front huts right on the beach. The quality of the interiors is one of the best on the beach - lovely bed linen, clean and new mosquito nets, really spacious compared to many others. The huts, treatments rooms and whole area is kept very clean. The place doesn't have a restaurant, (although drinks, snacks and breakfasts can be ordered from next door) which means the whole place has uniterrupted beach views, less noise and definitely less unwanted guests (dogs, cockroaches etc).

All of the staff are from Kerala and are very helpful and friendly. The treatments are done very professionally - with female staff available for massages and treatments on females (and vice versa).

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Richmond-upon-Thames, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

A wonderful place to stay, right on the beach. The owner and staff are so helpful and friendly. Nothing is too much trouble. The locals are extremely friendly and happy although they don't have much.
There are plenty of good restaurants along the beach, you can even have your breakfast delivered to your door.
Make sure you look out for the dolphins just offshore and go to the southern end of the beach to see the monkeys. A fantastic holiday and can't wait to return for one of Sunhil's massages.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

My husband and I have just returned from our honeymoon in Goa. Agonda is a real hippie haven, we loved it. Discovering Bio Veda Ayurvedic Retreat was a godsend! It’s run by a lovely couple, Fiona and Sunil, and their two gorgeous little daughters. Fiona and Sunil are both Reiki Masters and Sunil is also an Ayurvedic practitioner who gave us a free consultation about our ‘dosha’ (Ayurvedic body type). This costs about £60 in England (if not more), so it was great.

Once we had our first Ayurvedic massage, we were hooked. They have girls for girls, and men for men. All the staff are charming. The treatment rooms are cool and spacious. A one hour massage will set you back about £10 and is pure bliss. We also tried the Sirodhara treatment, in which medicated oil is poured onto your forehead in a continuous steam for 45 mins. It works on the pituitary gland, balancing the left and right hand side of the brain (a real experience but you need to wash your hair several times afterwards)

Our favourite treatment was Reiki with Sunil. My husband is sceptical about ‘new age stuff’ but even he loved it. You lie down in a darkened, incense-scented room with your eyes closed, listening to the sound of ‘Shiva’s Sacred Chants’ (wonderful). Sunil then, over the course of an hour, lays his hands over areas of your body. I am not clear on how exactly it works but I believe it’s something to do with channelling universal energy through your chakras. I had several sessions and each was different. I felt all kinds of sensations - strong heat, tingling hands, balls of energy whooshing around my body, to my amazement I even found myself crying a couple of times (an old emotional blockage being cleared out, apparently). Afterwards I always felt energised, balanced, at peace. A session is approx £8.

If you go to Agonda don’t miss Bio Veda. The treatments are fabulous and won’t break the bank. (They also do all sorts of other treatments – synchronised massages, facials, detox courses and yoga classes in high season.) They also have some clean and spacious huts with lovely sea views if you want to stay on site.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Bio Veda Ayurvedic Beach Resort? Share your experiences!