“best family place on Polish coast- if you are really determined to stay at Polish Baltic sea.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dom Zdrojowy

Dom Zdrojowy
You added Dom Zdrojowy to your Saves list
Dom Zdrojowy
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   ul KoSciuszki 2 a, Jastarnia 84-140, Poland   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Jastarnia
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed there with our family 4 Times. We would go there again, but due to continous upredictable weather in Baltic sea (meaning it can rain forever in July with 16c air and sea temperature), town atmosphere of 3rd world Disneyland:) and huge traffic to go to Pennisula and back, we decided last year not to go to Baltic sea again.
But... if you decide Baltic Sea is good for you, then Dom Zdrojowy is the place for family vacation.
Why?
1) Right on the beach (2 min walk) with own beachware - which is very important in crowded Baltic Beaches.
2) Staff does not mind small children - very patient with them - even if they are demanding :)
3) Good food
4) If it rains.... a) inside swimming pool - just wear your robe in the room and go without getting out from hotel b) 2 saunas 3) SPA. 4) Full day children care in huge play ground with lots of activities
5) Free Bikes outside, you can take a family trip to next towns through beatiful sea forest, one of the most amazing views in my life
6) Everything is there - You actually don't have to go to town to expose yourself to drunken party, plastic-bombastic surroundings and poundering disco music and overflown trash cans.
7) underground parking (and outside parking as well)
8) Beautiful view from top floor restaurant
9) Beautiful view from rooms/apartments even if you don't choose sea view.
10) Super sandy beaches-one of the best I have seen (cannot say that for quality of the sea itself)
So bottom line: If you are crazy enough to go to Polish Baltic sea instead of choosing cheaper and better options anywhere in Southern Europe that take you much less time to fly to than to Drive to Pennisula --> Dom Zdrojowy is greatest option.
I don't do it anymore - but if you are either hard core Polish patriot who wants to spend all his hard earned money in PL, or foreigner that wants to try more exotic location than boring Tuscany, Provence, Sicily Greece or Turkey try out Dom Zdrojowy.
However please read other reviews, I noticed some scary stuff there from some foreigners - did not happen to me, but some reviewed the service as very low level - maybe be it is really getting worse - as there is not much choice elswhere - that they simply don't care as they will have full booking anyway?

Anyway, good luck! One more thing I forgot to mention, do not remember if there are any rooms facing the town, but if so, avoid them - there is train line just in front- only goes few Times a day but it is really in front - 20 metres or so.

Room Tip: no need to take sea view - the forrest around the building looks even better than sea views :)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Bydgoszcz
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed in Dom Zdrojowy in July 3013 nad were very happy with our holidays. 5 days of beautiful weather (bonus! ), variety of food to die for, convenient, quiet nad beautiful location, clean rooms ( we had two separate rooms), car parking in the garage ( included in the price), children and adults activities, beautiful spa and proximity to the beach, all of this made for a memorable trip. I do not travel to spend my time sitting in the hotel rooms, so the rooms size ( or the bathrooms for that matter) was not an issue for me. We had a standard double room and the economy double room and were more than happy with it and plenty of room especially in the standard double for 2 adults.
On the negative side - my economy double room was set up for 1 person ( despite booking made for 2) lacking bath towel and the duna. This was rectified promptly the following day due to our very late arrival time. And yes, the reception staff is short of true customer service skills, although not all of them. I give one example, waiting to check out from the hotel in front of the reception desk I was assumed to be with someone else who was paying their bills and therefore not given attention despite not standing nowhere near that person. It wouldn't cost anything to smile and ask " are you OK?". Something to take note of.
My overall impression however is overwhemingly positive and I will be back one day when in Jastarńia.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

What supposed to be a special celebration weekend, ended up being a total disaster due to the attutude of the hotel management, who does not honor their prior committments.

At the time of reservation, I called the reception twice (end of May and the beginning of June'13) and got their confirmation on their scope of services and appropriate pricing. When arrived on Aug. 10th, 2013 was advised that "the hotel management changed the rules and we will not be allowed to rent a bike, use the pool, rent the lounge chairs on the beach, or use kids acitivity center" [among other things], DESPITE the fact that we were willing to pay for it!
I could not believe my ears. Hence, i requested to speak with the hotel manager, who with the greatest stoicism in his voice confirmed my worst fears - he was not willing to honor prior committments claiming that the rules have changed with July1. I asked why nobody bothered to inform me of that change, and I am finding about it post-factum at the time of arrival?!?!
I suspect this hotel has not been a subject to a law suit for misleading and misrepresentation, and that's why they think they can get away with such things.

Now a few words on the staff... At 10:30am I arrrived at Dom Zdrojowy SPA with my elderly parent and a 6 years old kid, and let the stuff know we were there. Due to rain we were all wet and cold. We fully understood that the check-in is at 15:00, but hoped that there may be a chance our room could become available to us a bit earlier.
We were sitting in the lobby 5 meters away from the receiptionists desk from 11:30 till... 15:00 and nobody bothered with us. Till at 15:01 I approached the stuff and kindly asked if I could get the key to my apt now. There were no other guests waiting for the check-in - just us.
We waited for our room in the lobby for 3.5 hours. What does it say about the level of customer service awareness? - Nobody cares. They don't want you to be there!

Therefore, I decided not to spend my money at Dom Zdrojowy SPA (as I planned prior to our arrival) for spa treatments and restaurant meals, but go somewhere else instead, where a customer is treated like a customer, not like an intruder. Approx. 1000 PN loss to Dom Zdrojowy in an additional revenue does not seem make a big difference to them.

What I struggle to understand is how in the 21st century, a business in the tourism and service industry is able to stay in business with such a customer unfriendly attitude, and be willing to lose 1000 PLN (in addtional revenue during weekend stay) by not allowing guests to use their services worth 80 PLN (bike, pool and lounge chair rental), for which we were willing to pay! It is total of additional 1080 PLN for 2 nights only.

This is a pure absurd that I have not been faced with in my 15 years of business and pleasure travel worldwide.

Room Tip: Rented an apt on the top floor - gorgoeus, 180 panoramic view from apt. 368! Though poor water pres...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Warsaw
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Had a road trip last summer and Jastarnia is one of our destinations. We stayed in Dom Zdrojowy for two nights (their minimum stay is two-nights). The place is little expensive but it already includes breakfast and buffet dinner. The place is nice though the rooms are not maintained. They could make the rooms a little modern.

Staff is very helpful and a few speaks little English. The kids activity is good. Our kids enjoyed it a lot. They even have some sports activity and have different themes every day.

Swimming pool is also nice, very useful for a rainy day.

Parking in the basement is a little difficult due to small parking space. Parking at night is closed and when we came back at around midnight I even have to call the reception to send someone to open the gate.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

Absolutely the very best hotel we have ever been to! The quality of the Spa, swimming pool, staff, restaurants, meals, etc... is all just the top of the tops. All this just 50 meters from a wide, sandy beach.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

We stayed here for a winter weekend deal, all food inclusive. The hotel is a 4* but the rooms have seen better days - many scratches and stains on carpets show that the manager is not so bothered with maintenance. The bathroom is tiny. There are no double beds - only singles pushed together - and they are very uncomfortable. There are nearly no English channels on cable TV, and this is a quiet place, so be prepared to read a lot or be very bored. The positives are that the balcony is nice, and the food is great. The location is beautiful too, as is the swimming pool / sauna / jacuzzi complex.

The service, however, is quite poor. Staff do not speak English, and have had little or no training, particularly the reception staff, which leaves you with a bad impression. Restaurant staff were not so bad. There are definitely no smiles either, everyone looks miserable and like they are really desperate not to serve you. It's a shame - with a coat of paint, a bit of TLC and some good staff training this would be a great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Dom Zdrojowy? Share your experiences!