“Great location, charming B&B, and amazing views!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Carita

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in La Morra
Villa Carita
Via Roma, 105, 12064 La Morra, Italy   |
Honolulu
“Great location, charming B&B, and amazing views!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This review is long overdue. As a group of 4 we stayed here in October 2012, and was blown away with the amazing views from this property. The rooms were large and exceptionally clean, and the location is very convenient if you are exploring the region. We were skeptical that the views would be that amazing, but the pictures say it all, so check out all the photos that people have uploaded because it's really that great! Thank you to Eugenio and Cinzia for being such gracious hosts... and their wine is spectacular. Give it a try!! We look forward to returning in the future! - Sandi, Tae, Myra, and Howard (Hawaii)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

My wife and I — and two of our closest friends — stayed at Villa Carita last week, and it was nothing short of exceptional. Arriving at the property, with the entire Barolo wine region stretching out across the valley below the inn, was one of the most exciting moments of the trip. "Really? This is where we're staying for three nights? Really?"

We stayed in the rooms that open into the vineyard. Ten feet from our door was a cluster of nebbiolo grapes, still on the vine. On our last day, Eugenio and Cinzia hosted us at their winery and we sampled their wines (we came away with a bottle each of Barolo and Nebbiolo Langhe). They are both gracious and charming, and to taste their extraordinary wines — which are made from the grapes that are literally just outside our room — was a unique experience. I found myself amazed at their grace and talent: that they can seamlessly run such an affable and delightful inn, and make such extraordinary wine. These two are gifted!

One side comment about Villa Carita and La Morra in general: it is a place without pretension. Despite making some of the most coveted wine in the world — and serving some of the most elevated cuisine I've ever enjoyed — the people here are gracious, engaging and laid back. This created an ideal environment for our vacation — it was just what we needed in a destination.

I highly recommend both the area, but especially the wonderful, intimate and charming inn of Villa Carita.

Room Tip: The vineyard rooms are truly unique and worth it. Make a special request to stay there.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Saratoga, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed at Villa Carita in May. The location and view are really stunning. We stayed in one of the rooms that opens on to the vineyard. Villa Carita is on the hillside, and we could see the whole valley in front of us, with the town of La Morra off to our left. Really just an incredible location and view.

The staff provided breakfast on the first day. We ate breakfast on our terrace by the vineyard. The staff gave us some restaurant recommendations in La Morra, which worked out great for us. La Morra is a short walk, or a really short drive. We didn't have any trouble parking. The location is convenient to many wineries and the town of Barolo. It's not far to Alba, Dogliani, Bra, etc.

I highly recommend Villa Carita for the location and the views.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Although I only had a 24 hr window to stay at Villa Carita in May of 2012, I wish I could've made it my home base for the entire length of my stay in Piedmont. The accommodations were recently renovated, clean, and comfortable. With windows, and a lawn/patio that overlooks the entire region of Barolo and Barbaresco, I could've spent my entire time there sipping amazing wines and enjoying the panoramic view. Within walking distance of the center of La Morra and close proximity to world class wineries and restaurants, I was left wanting for nothing. If you are looking for relaxation, location, and clean comfortable accommodation, I can't recommend Villa Carita enough.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Schenectady, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Location/View - amazing, esp. first thing in the morning.

Room - amazing, try to get a room that is, literally, IN the vineyard.

Food - amazing, don't ask, just eat.

Wine - AMAZING, every wine was a joy to drink.

If you are any where even close to Villa Carita go there - you will be, well, amazed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I visited Villa Ca Rita last april and I was impressed by the location. From my room I could see the entire Barolo area and beyond. The room was extremely nice and everything was recently renovated. Bed, Bathroom and showers was some of the best I have experienced and I travel at least twice a year to different wine countries in the world!
It was a wonderful experience specially because the hosts Eugenio and Cinzia Bocchino are local winemakers of one the best Barolos I ever tried not to mention the Roccabella that is by far the best value Nebbiolo on the market and drinks better than many Barolo.
Paulo Villela
Beverage Director BRGroup.biz

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Rumson, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I rarely write about my travels, but if in Barolo/LaMorra this has to be the most beautiful Agriturismo to stay in. Absolutely breathtaking views of Barolo and LaMorra. 5 minute walk to downtown LaMorra but set smack in the middle of true Barolo vineyards. All the comforts and amenities and pristine cleanliness of a big fancy expensive hotel, but so quiet and private you truly feel like your in your own private villa. I seriously cant believe how inexpensive Villa Carita was for the experience.

Room Tip: We saw all the rooms and each one is as great as the next. All with insane views of all the communes...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Villa Carita? Share your experiences!