“Give it a chance, you will be pleasantly suprise” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 62 Restaurants in Port Moody
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Port Moody, Canada
“Give it a chance, you will be pleasantly suprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was hesitant to come to Golphis after reading the reviews but after my experience there I realized they couldn't be more wrong. The service was amazing, my server seems to happy and whenever I needed something she was right there for me.
The food was fantastic as well, I ordered a steak and it was cooked perfectly. I would definately come back.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Coquitlam, Canada
“Great Takeout”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We get takeout very regulary from Golphis. The food is always good and the staff are very friendly. Have not dined in the restaurant, but it looks well set up and very clean. Definately recomend this place.

Visited October 2012
Vancouver
“Best avoided”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Frankly, I am shocked that the place was voted Port Moody's best steak and lobster.

Horrible unseasoned mushy food. The decor is updated, not new. We'll not be coming back for sure.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Port Coquitlam, Canada
“Don't waste your money here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My family took me there for my birthday dinner....what a mistake. While the outside looks like a hole in the wall, the inside is very modern. However, this does not make up for the lack of flavor on the food, the attitude of the manager or a waitress that doesn't know what to do if there is a problem.

My steak was to be medium rare, and the waitress put medium. When I questioned it, her response was "Do you want me to have them redo it?" Why would I have questioned it if not and she was surprised when I said yes. She took the plate to the kitchen, removed the steak and brought back everything else. The second steak (brought on a small plate), had no flavor and was tough. I had a couple of bites and did not bother with the rest. The waitress was still at a loss as to how to handle a situation where the kitchen was not preparing a steak properly. Next thing I know, the manager is coming out to see what the problem was and had an accusing attitude saying the steak was cooked medium as ordered. I said that I had asked for Medium rare. Apparently the waitress had incorrectly written the ticket. We also had to ask for more water and considering that the restaurant was next to empty.......no excuses. My kids also found their pizza a little greasy,

We did not get a credit for or any compensation for a dinner not cooked properly, I would NEVER, NEVER eat here or recommend this Golphis at all. Avoid it at all costs!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Port Moody, Canada
“Nice people but bland expensive food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

My husband and I went here recently for dinner.

The restaurant looks bad from outside, but surprisingly beautiful on the inside, clean, modern and new. The waitress was friendly, but the food was less than I expected.

Dinner was an average price for a steak house. However below average taste. I got the 9oz steak, the only thing that had particular taste, were the couple of fried mushrooms, and the three onion rings on top of the steak. The baked potato was kind of dry, the vegetables were completely tasteless, and the steak just tasted like meat, no spice, and no flavor.

The overall impression I got of the meal is that whoever had cooked it, tried really hard with the presentation and the the idea, and gave good portions, but there just was not taste to the meal... cooked and edible but not delicious.

I won't be going back, the price we paid I expected a restaurant that labels itself as "fine dining" would present food with more flavor and style than I could cook myself at home while avoiding the spice cabinet.

I think if the owner worked with the chef to create a more flavorful meal for the same price, Golphis could be a nice restaurant worth going again.

• Visited April 2012