“dont waste your money” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Boathouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 62 Restaurants in Port Moody
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Murray Street
Description: The Boathouse - Port Moody is a casual-fine dining waterfront restaurant specializing in seafood cuisine prepared in a West Coast style.
canada
“dont waste your money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

never had a good meal here , nice view in the summertime.sent 2 meals back which was really bad seeing there was only 2 of us.salad was brown and wilted

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

vancouver
“Food was good but service was terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I went to the Boathouse with my family for new years day brunch. This location has a lovely view and the boathouse is usually reliable for good food.

While you would expect it to be busy on new years day, this time it was not busy at all; maybe half of the restaurant was full.

It took at least 20-30 minutes to order food, and we had to call the waitress over. The food took over an hour to get!! We joked, without realy joking, with the waitress that we would like to change our order to dinner because it was taking so long. As a result it took us about 3 hours to get in and out for our brunch.

With regards to the meal, it was average. I always order the eggs benedict, as does my brother in law, and we agreed that we found the size of the meal to be very small compared to other places. The eggs were tiny and there was next to no hollandaise sauce. How to you skimp on the sauce? I am not a big eater but I was still hungry. So, not only was the food average but the value was not what I would consider to be good.

I completed a survey that was emailed to me, with the same review, and go no answer so clearly it is not a concern for them.

I will return to a Boathouse again, as I do enjoy this restaurant; however, I won't likely return to this location any time soon.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Vernon, Canada
“Lovely view”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I heard great reviews of The Boathouse so finally got to try - was disappointed! Very open design, noisy, busy, cold and slightly overpriced. Staff was very good in accommodating us- the online booking read 8/2 rather than 2/8 - said it happens a lot?? We also had a highchair request and the little one was most defiantly kept busy watching all the hustle! Drinks were at least 10 minutes to arrive due to high volume with apologies by waitress. Food was presented nicely but spiced and sauced so much that the flavour of the main ingredient was lost. We all tried a taste of each other's entree. My salmon was over cooked - almost dry - but again the risotto sauce helped hide the dryness. Asparagus was done to perfection but was I paying top dollar for nicely cooked vegetables? lobster? I had lobster? Very loud with all the people - if you are looking for a quiet, finer dining experience, romantic dinner or special occasion - avoid this place - unless you just want to impress someone with the view! I have had much better seafood at slightly lower prices - I won't be back not because anything was awful - it was just not great and for the price it was definitely not worth the experience!

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Coquitlam, Canada
“Seated with over-water view as night fell & Lobster Fest menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

The four us just returned from an excellent dinner experience at the Port Moody Boathouse's Lobster Fest.
Appetizers platter for four followed by four orders of the steak and lobster tail.
All parties opted for the '3 course' addition of soup (2 for lobster bisque) or salad (2 Caesars) with 2 desert options (the 'ginger brulees' were excellent! ).

Perhaps our best meal to date at The Port Moody Boathouse.
Good attentive service throughout the entire 2+ hours.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Great meal at The Boathouse Port Moody”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We started with double caesars and coconut shrimp to start. Our main was the crab platter for two that including two types of crab, crab cakes, and a small steak. Everything was great. Our server Angeline was very helpful. I also liked the view as we had a table by the window. Looking forward to visiting this Boathouse location again.

• Visited December 2013