“Our go to restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Boathouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 62 Restaurants in Port Moody
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Murray Street
Description: The Boathouse - Port Moody is a casual-fine dining waterfront restaurant specializing in seafood cuisine prepared in a West Coast style.
Port Moody, Canada
“Our go to restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Great food, great view, great ambiance. The only bad thing i can think of is, if it is busy parking can be an issue. Otherwise we love the Boathouse!

Visited August 2013

Vancouver, Canada
“Great location, great atmosphere...bad food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My Hubby and I had lunch here yesterday. Gorgeous location except the 16 year old hostess walked us out to the patio and wanted to seat us behind the plastic sheeting that is obviously used for winter when the weather yesterday was gorgeous! Yikes! Obviously no training and could care less about her job.

We both order caesar salads. Mine was with Salmon, my husband had the chicken. We both complained about the dressing. It tasted like mayonnaise. Yuck. I make an amazing caesar salad and my dressing certainly doesn't taste or look like that. My salmon was over salted and didn't taste great. My husband's chicken didn't look good to me either but he said it was ok. My salad was $19 and his was $16. Pretty pricey for the lack of quality and the service was slow. The restaurant had maybe twenty people in it and it's huge place as it was lunch time during the week so things certainly should have moved a lot quicker!
I think it would be a great place for drinks and appies, but that's it. I wouldn't eat there again!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Port Moody,BC
“Husband's 67th Birthday dinner. Never again, you lost us !!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We made reservations the evening before and the young lady inquired if this was a special occasion, we said yes and gave her the details. Great, see you at 7:15 pm on a Wed. We were seated on the patio which had an awesome view but the table was postage stamp size and up against a wall, no elbow room and the aisle was right beside our table. Cute little flower vase but nothing else on the table. We ordered ceasars which had beans and asparagus and tasted very good, but no napkins to wipe your fingers, so we air dried them. Had coconut shrimp for appetizer but the waiter ran off so quickly that we didn't get a chance to ask for napkins and utensils. He got busy chatting up others so I finally waved and made eye contact to ask for these items. Apologies everywhere. The meals came with roasted potatoes, no baked available, so I asked for sour cream, salt & pepper. Never did get the sour cream so I didn't eat the potatoes. The steak was beige and boring, no char on the outside, 3 limp green veggies spread out on the plate...AND the steak had gristle...REALLY?? My husband's seafood pasta looked pretty but tasted bland and flavourless.The waiter remembered that he forgot the sour cream and apologized all over the place and offered us a dessert to share....NO THANKS.. Why do they ask if it is a special occasion if nothing is done about it, not a sparkler, no sliver of cake, nothing. The people at the next table got their cheesecake for dessert, asked for utensils and got soup spoons...LOL !! Customer service is not about chatter and excuses but about ensuring the customer has everything they need to enjoy the meal and the atmoshphere in your establishment, especially at exhorbitant prices. The tables should be set when you are seated, don't ya think ?? The servers all need to go to server school and the cooks could use a bit more training and experience in what is perceived to be a higher end restaurant. We live in Port Moody and go out for dinner 2-3 times per week, but we are NOT GOING THERE AGAIN !!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Family Birthday Dinner Was OK, Nice place, Good Service but Food & Drinks are Pricey!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We came to the boathouse as a family last night (July 14th) to enjoy a nice evening out and dinner to celebrate mine and my brother's birthday. This place is in a great spot, location (right on the water) and has a great atmosphere for a good dining out experience.

The Service was also very good and enjoyed ourselves for the most part and it was an overall O.K experience. The first drink that I was given didn't taste very strong and it felt weak...way too much ice is put into the cup (almost three quarters full) and it over takes the drink. I asked for a secondary drink after complaining about the first drink (which they still charged me for even though it wasn't good). The second drink was better.

When they brought our appetizers to the table, the servers had absolutely no clue who was receiving which dish and just guessed (we had to switch our appetizers around at the table). Most of the main courses were pretty good but my dish (the halibut fish and chips) wasn't good. For $22.99 you expect to have a good entrée and it was very average. The fries were actually pathetic... very soggy, some tasted like they hadn't even been cooked. "I'm not one to complain and have food remade while others eat then have to sit there and eat by yourself after everyone at the table is done so I just ate a few of them and some of the fish. The fish was way over cooked and too crunchy. My dad's meal was also very average and not that great, the other four they enjoyed their meals.

At the end of the seating and meals, we waited for a good while for our server to come back and bring us the bill and ask if we wanted the bill... we were starting to wonder if she had disappeared. Then when we got the bill... for spending $300.00 bucks on a dinner, we all expected a lot more from this place. That isn't cheap and if the experience Is fantastic, food is fantastic you don't mind paying that amount. However, all and all, I say this was a 200 dollar meal and dining experience not a 300.00 one that's for sure.

Much better choices out there then this place.

Service: 7 out of 10

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, BC, Canada
“Overpriced Food Fare”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We visited The Boathouse with out of town guests and our adult children recently and were disappointed with the portions of our meals for the price. In the past we have really enjoyed our meals at this restaurant and the great ambiance of this location in the chain of The Boathouse restaurants. The restaurant is located at Rocky Point Park right next to the boat launch and pier in Port Moody and is situated on the waterfront with spectacular views of Burrard Inlet and the north shore mountains. Inside the decor is assuredly west coast with cedar vaulted ceilings and a spacious seating/dining area, a large bar adjacent to an outside cafe styled eating area. In the main dining area is a large skull boat suspended from the ceiling inscripted with Shawnigan Lake on the side. The evening we visited, there was free valet parking which was appreciated.
The staff all appeared to be very young including waiters, waitresses, receptionists, and even the cooking team in the kitchen - we did not see a single staff member who looked like they were even close to 30 years of age. It did make me wonder how much experience the staff had in the restaurant industry and especially in preparing meals. I was not impressed with a dirty coffee mug which I sent back - it missed being properly cleaned which is a no-no in restaurants.
The men's washroom was poorly attended and the single toilet had toilet paper strewn on the floor and obvious leaking coming from the plumbing fixture at the back of the toilet. It was obvious that someone had been sick and vomited all over the toilet seat. I was surprised that this unacceptable situation had not been quickly attended to and made me wonder how often the washrooms were checked.
Three in our party ordered the Cod Fish and Chips which has always been a favorite here in the past with huge portions of both fish and fries but when our order arrived we were surprised at the paltry size of food. My overall impression is that The Boathouse lacks the seasoned experience of a head chef to oversee the quality and size portions of food at a fair market price for the menu items offered. If you are going to charge top end prices, the food quality has to be commensurate. Sadly, this restaurant has slipped into the ilk of fast food and targets a young bar clientele instead of fine seafood cuisine it was once known for. If you want spectacular views of Port Moody's waterfront and a 'Westcoast feel' this is the place to go, just be forewarned that the food is overpriced, portions small and you might need a peanut butter sandwhich to fill you up when you get home.

• Visited June 2013