“All a B&B should be” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dockside Retreat Port Moody

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Moody
Dockside Retreat Port Moody
You added Dockside Retreat Port Moody to your Saves list
652 Alderside Road, Port Moody, British Columbia V3H 3A5, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Port Moody B&B and Inns
Toronto
“All a B&B should be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

This is a B&B which is almost impossible to fault. Our hosts went out of their way to make us feel at home. The rooms were faultless - lots of space with very comfortable furniture. We were left the ingredients for a very pleasant breakfast which we could then enjoy at our own time. Great value - we will definitely visit again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
daphne_herberts, Owner at Dockside Retreat Port Moody, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
It was a sincere pleasure having you stay with us. We look forward to seeing you when you visit the west coast again. Perhaps we will launch the kayaks and have an adventure.....

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Port Moody, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

What else can I say? There is a reason all reviews are excellent!
Best Place to stay in Port Moody. I look forward to more work here just so I can stay at the
Dockside. Hot tub is great, the beds are sooo comfy. There are tons of great adventures to be had in the area, and Daphne/Michael have all the 411.
Thanks for everything!

Room Tip: Either room is great, your choice Large or smaller suite.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
daphne_herberts, Owner at Dockside Retreat Port Moody, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Looking forward to seeing you again....the pleasure is all ours! Cheers from Dockside Port Moody.
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

When my wife first told me we were going to be staying at a B&B, I said "no we're not!" I hated the notion of us staying at some B&B. Well, fortunately for me her views prevailed. Throw away any idea you have ever had about a B&B. Welcome to your own separate entrance, a fabulously comfortable and spacious venue, countless little special touches with first class service, the most breath-taking views and total five-star excellence. We have travelled the world and Dockside Retreat is now among only a handful of our favorite destinations.
When I told her I was going to post this on Trip Advisor she said "no you"re not!"… then she said, "no, we can not have it all to ourselves and deny others this wonderful experience. Staying at Dockside is truly like home away from home, having everything exactly like you would want it to be and more…"

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
daphne_herberts, Owner at Dockside Retreat Port Moody, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for such an endorsement. We are pleased to be a Bed and Breakfast,with a difference.
Hamilton, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We stayed with our daughter, and at the last minute one of our grandsons. Daphne and Michael pulled out all the stops to make us welcome - our grandson was delighted and spent a fair bit of time in the hot-tub. A great outlook over Port Moody and harbour from the front rooms and deck especially at night, even in the rain. Great breakfasts, an excellent choice of wine. Given we have other family in Port Moody, we expect to return to this beautiful retreat. Brian and Deb

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Plymouth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We walked into the Dockside Suites and were "wowed" by the beautiful decor and all of the special touches that Daphne did for our stay. I noticed the wonderful aroma in the suites and it just continued to get better as she showed us around. Beautiful fresh tulips, wonderful chocolates, fruit and pastries for the morning, cheese and crackers, and wine on ice for our arrival. All the little touches made it so special. Candles lit at night outside for the hottub and around the patio. Cozy soft towels and bathrobes to use. We were here from MN for a wedding at the Old Orchard Hall 2 blocks away. It was perfect! Loved the fireplaces in the bedrooms and the cozy sitting room looking out to the water. Daphne was nice enough to drive us into town one evening and pick us up. The pool table was nice to have for an added activity. Everything was comfortable and top of the line. We couldn't have asked for anything better! Both Daphne and Michael were very pleasant to talk with - wish we could have visited more with them! Thank you for everything - it was a treat to stay at such an awesome Retreat!
Peggy, Jim, Alex and Great from Minnesota - Hope to be back sometime in the near future!

Room Tip: Both suites were wonderful - you can't go wrong with either! The Sunrise Suite is the larger ro...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

If you want a pleasant break from the usual hotel stay, then this place is perfect. Complete with a large deck with a hot tub overlooking the water, I stayed there twice this year for extended periods while working in the area. Daphne and Michael were perfect hosts - they went out if their way to welcome me. Daphne has a talent for making guests feel at home and finding out what will make her guests have an enjoyable stay. Every night I came home to fresh flowers, fresh sheets and towels, treats and wine as well as coffee - with a French Press - it was perfect! There is a ton of great books and she kept me updated with current magazines. I could also keep up with my favorite tv programs as they provide all the premium channels I have at home. They even scraped my car windows for me one particularly cold morning! I often stay at B&B's when I travel for work, and I can honestly say that Daphne and Michael are the best hosts that have ever stayed with. I am looking forward to returning to Port Moody to stay again.

• Stayed March 2014
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

We came here for a relaxing overnight retreat away from city life a couple of weeks ago and were not disappointed!

Daphne and her husband put so much effort into making sure we enjoyed ourselves, from driving us to and from town (I think we were the first visitors to arrive on foot!) to putting out nibbles and wine on arrival and making sure the hot tub was bubbling away. The rooms were luxurious and cosy and the fridge was well stocked with goodies. We wished we could have stayed for longer than a night!

We were made to feel really welcome and will definitely be back in the summer - Daphne tells me they're getting a rowing boat!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Dockside Retreat Port Moody? Share your experiences!