“Dinner tasted of vinegar” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Marsh Mill Tavern

Marsh Mill Tavern
Marsh Mill Village, Fleetwood Rd N | North Thornton-Cleveleys, Thornton Cleveleys FY5 4JZ, England (Formerly The Tavern at the Mill)
+44 1253 862586
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: English, French, Italian, Gastropub, Family Fare
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Fleetwood, United Kingdom
“Dinner tasted of vinegar”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2014 NEW

My wife and daughter had the carvery and they both said the meal tasted of vinegar and they didn't enjoy it. When we returned home my wife emailed and was told to come in and get two free meals. When my daughter and wife ordered they were told they couldn't have what they wanted and could only order certain things off the menu, so they ordered something they didn't really want. If you're giving someone a free meal to make up for a poor meal and the time taken to return would you not let them order anything off the menu? To top it off, they had also taken the mother in law who ordered chicken and when it came it was raw in the middle and was returned for a full refund.

La Vinuela, Spain
“Seven Spuds!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2014 NEW

This is the best carvery we've been to in the UK. I'm a potato fan, I like them any which way, unfortunately they don't do Bombay Potato.... yet. There is plain mash, crusty mash, mash with chopped spring onion, small boiled in the skin, plain boiled, plain roast (in goose fat?) and cajun roast. There is at least 3 sometimes 4 roast meats and several veg. Not the best place for a vegearian though, as someone else has mentioned. The desserts have to be seen to be believed, actually portions are too big really. We'll be back. One drawback, you can't book a party in so we had to send in a couple of family early to commandeer a space for 17 of us. Not easy.

• Visited November 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fleetwood, United Kingdom
“Family Meal to celebrate a Birthday that was fantastic!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2014 NEW

We went there yesterday for a family birthday meal and had a lovely delicious meal. There was no trouble whatsoever in seating us (Table of 8) and though the restaurant was busy, this does not affect the contents of the Carvery. Which we all had bar one person. There a vast choice of vegetables - even two different Roast Potatoes! And two different mash potatoes - one buttered mash, one cheese and onion! Yummmm. Cauliflower, brussell sprouts (and it wasn't even Christmas! haha) The Desserts there are outstanding and HUGE! Two members of our party couldn't finish theirs and even though they had eaten some of it, it was no trouble for them to box the rest up - to take home. One of the desserts arrived with pouring cream over it, which our person does not like. She took it back to the counter and it was swiftly changed without any fuss at all. No one beats them on Carvery's (we don't think anyway!) So give it a go! You won't be sorry.

Visited September 2014

• Visited September 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
“Good food, amazing desserts, but not so good if you're a vegetarian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2014 NEW

Ate here about a month ago with some friends for a catch up. There's seperate adults only and family seating if you're into that kind of thing.
I'd been before and had enjoyed the chicken kebab and so this time decided to go for the steak one. Unfortunately the steak was pretty much impossible to eat as it was so chewy. Definitely gave my jaw a good work out! I must say that this is the only semi-bad meal I've had there though.
One of my friend's is a vegetarian; there aren't really any veggie options on the main menu (apart from a halloumi burger i think) and so she asked for the separate menu for veggies, vegans, and people with food intolerances. Sadly there wasn't a great deal of choice.
Service is good, you have to go to a separate til to order food than for drinks though, which is a bit odd.
The desserts are by far the highlight of any visit to Marsh Mill Tavern, and as usual did not dissapoint. I had the Icky Sticky Toffee Pudding which was AMAZING, and huge, always a bonus. I've also had the boozy boulders (profiteroles) which were also yummy. The display of desserts as you walk up to the til is always incredible and very tempting. My friends both had a ginormous slice of the mars attack cake and had to take some home in a box!

Overall really nice, just wish they could get the steak sorted out and a better variety of vegetarian options.

• Visited November 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A Great Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014

I ate at the Marsh Mill Tavern for the first time today and was pleasantly surprised by what I found. The first thing I noticed on arrival was the wonderful array of mouth watering desserts on display. I ordered the cheese and onion pie, which was excellent – very tasty with a real home-made feel. Service was good and the rest of my party of 5 were also suitably impressed with their mains. As for the desserts… they are huge! In fact they are so big that they offer doggy bags, which is an option that two members of my party had to make use of! There were no complaints about my pint of Holt’s Crystal lager, and there seemed to be a good selection of beers available at the bar. In short, if you’re looking for good value pub grub that’s a step up from most, you shouldn’t be disappointed.

• Visited December 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
ChrisDavies2013, Guest Relations Manager at Marsh Mill Tavern, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Hi,

Many thanks for your comments.

we are pleased to hear you love the new Marsh Mill Tavern.

We Hope you Visit Soon!