“We all caught Fish!” 5 of 5 stars

Mount Airy, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
“We all caught Fish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

8am at the dock. Clean boat. Beautiful views while boating. Matty, Matty and Tony were knowledgeable and helpful. We always had plenty of bait and they unhooked all the fish. They also filleted the fish for anyone who wanted to take them and cook 'em later! About a dozen folks on the boat including my 13 year son and myself. About an hour out to the bottom fishing spots, two hours of fishing at a few locations then the ride back for a total of a little over four hours. Perfect. I think everyone caught at least one fish, most more. Good guys, be sure to leave them a tip!

Visited June 2013

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Snorkelling Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Matty and company were amazing. My sisters, myself and a couple of girlfriends went to Molokini, and then to the turtle cleaning area. The guys were great, from start to finish. They set out a trolling line and caught an Ono, one of the girls on the boat brought it in, an exciting way to start. Then we got to Molokini crater and had amazing snorkelling, then we went to the turtle feeding station and saw about 20 turtles. It was great. They served us breakfast and lunch and beer. My sister and I sat at the front of the boat on the way back, it was so choppy, it was like a roller coaster ride, such fun. Such a great day.

Visited April 2013
San Jose
9 attraction reviews
“switched without explanation to another charter”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Pros: Nice looking boat, well kept up, good reviews
Cons: never got on boat because we were moved to another charter

We originally were to go on Aloha Blue Charters for a half day Molokini snorkeling trip. Arriving with my family at slip #37 at 6:30AM, we found that we'd been moved without explanation to slip #47, the Mahana Nai'a. We'd done research and found the Aloha Blue trip highly rated. The boat was small but kept in good shape (we saw it in slip #37). The boat in slip #47 was a beat up green two hull job, that was rusted in places that could rust, and faded in places that couldn't. It was so obviously unsafe that we refused to get on it.

We went through one of those tourist shacks (Activities by Ruby Toursday Maui) who signed us up for an Aloha Blue trip. It appears that Aloha Blue moved us to the Mahana Nai'a (SouthShore Charters) but we can't be sure. Ruby did everything in his power to get us onto a better tour before we flew back to the mainland.

Visited April 2013
Nipawin Sask
“great crew”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

great helpful friendly informative staff

good whale watching and snorkeling
reasonabble price
great staff outgoing friendly always looking after customers
fishing option cheap
good food and drinks
older but comfortable boat with bathroom
we actually drove back to Malea harbor to tip the guys the next day from Kihe cuase they were that good!!

Visited February 2013
Vancouver
“Aloha Blue Charters - Captain Matty and Nick were amazing!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We had so much fun with Captain Matty and Nick!

We booked the excursion last minute in Lahaina the day before while we were trying to decide which place to go with for snorkeling. Candice strongly suggested Aloha Blue Charters which departs from Malaalea as other boats have over 100+ passengers and many of them make you listen to a timeshare presentation (hence the cheap price). Our boat had less than 30 people so the experience was much more intimate and more like a private party! There were all sorts of passengers on board - families, newlyweds, mom/son, sisters, etc.

We are so happy we went with this charter company as both captains were both so nice! We were worried that the excursion would be canceled because it was really stormy that day.

I hurt my shoulder while body boarding in Kauai a few days before so I was so glad to hear that there were float noodles for snorkeling. You don't necessarily need to use them as the flippers are already useful to stay afloat, but I just felt safer that way knowing there's something for me to float on to feel more comfortable with my injury.

Breakfast included pastries, fruit, and coffee while lunch was a sandwich bar and fresh fruit. There were beer and mai tai's available after the 2nd location: around 10:30ish.

Despite the stormy weather, we still saw lots of fishies and turtles at the 2 locations! Matty and Nick were very knowledgeable and they made every passenger feel comfortable.

Tips: Nick makes awesome Mai Tai's - if you have him on board, don't forget to order one! Matty is very knowledgeable about everything! Don't forget to ask him to show you the sign languages while underwater: shark, jellyfish, eel, etc. There were some passengers that got quite sea sick so my suggestion for those who get nauseous easily is to take some gravel beforehand! Bring an extra T-shirt if you don't want to rent a wet suit. There have been occassions of jellyfish sting incidents and they strongly advised us to wear a shirt while snorkeling just to be safe! There are passengers on board that did rent wet suits from them. We luckily had shirts so we didn't have to rent them.

Visited July 2012