“Love the Royal Feast” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
4 attraction reviews
“Love the Royal Feast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

When you thought the food couldn't get any better from the 'heavy pupu' fare, the Alii Nui adds the Royal Feast nights.
With a well trained crew that caters to every guest, its just an amazing experience. This is a must do for everyone that travels to Maui.

Visited May 2013

Cape San Blas, FL
“Best Whale Watch Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We were in Maui March 2013 and went on several trips on the Alii Nui. It is an awesome boat and the crew treat you like royalty. Great food and drinks. On.one of our whale watches, the mother and calf were under the boat and several males circled and went under the boat and came up beside us for about 40 minutes.

Visited March 2013
Buckhannon, West Virginia
40 attraction reviews
“Unexpected Hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Having been on several catamaran snorkeling excursions before, I was pleased with the high level of hospitality. We were offered a hot breakfast and a lunch buffet. The waters were quite rough and the captain said we traveled in 50 knot winds. The snorkeling was good, despite the rough waters. I was impressed that the captain called out to me as I was snorkeling alone and wanted to ensure that I had a buddy to swim with me... I did, but she was not off the boat yet. The staff were excellent. (Word of caution to those who get sea sick - don't eat a large meal or it will end up on the deck of the boat. It is not fair to the staff to clean the mess up... parents listen up too. There was a child who became violently ill because the parents allowed the girl to eat a large breakfast... bad idea. The staff were exceptional.)

Visited June 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
13 attraction reviews
“Fun in the Sun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Overall the experieince was very good on the Alii Nui. First rate ship, food and crew. The crew was engaging but not overly fun...something you want on a day on the ocean. Would have been good if they played music onboard also. I've been on many catamaran excursions where the music makes the day fun.

We booked the tour to Turtle Point. Be aware they go to Molokini 3 days a week and the other days to Turtle Point. Word of warning....the weather dictates where you go even if you book a tour to a certain spot. Even though we booked a tour to Turtle Point we never stopped there at the captian's discretion because it was too windy at that location to make snorkling enjoyable. Instead we were brought to a reef about 100 yards off shore. Luckily there were some sea turtles there otherwise it would have been very boring as there were not a lot of fish. We actually could have swam there from the shore so it was a little disappointing that this is the place they settled on.

It was very windy that day - a perfect day to sail - but the captain decided to motor in to harbor instead. It seemed that he wanted our excursion to end sooner than later. It was Memorial Day so maybe they wanted to get some holiday time as well.

All in all a nice day but could have been better......

Visited May 2013
Victoria, Canada
“Highlight of Our Trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went on the Snorkel Sail to Turtle Point (April 29, 2013) and then the Royal Feast (May 2, 2013) and both were simply amazing. It was absolutely worth every penny. The crew on both trip were, as another reviewer posted earlier, the perfect blend of professionalism and friendliness. The food was fantastic (and there was lots of it AND free drinks!), the boat was nice and roomy thanks to the fact they cap the number off - as our van driver drove up towards the Alii Nui for snorkel sail and we passed several other boats with people packed on like sardines, we knew right then that despite a somewhat steeper cost we'd made the right decision in choosing the Alii Nui! Like I said, it was money well worth it. Oh and on the snorkel sail they had all the gear you could possibly need! I was nervous about the idea of snorkeling for the first time but when I saw how well organized they were, the flotation devices available, the Snorkeling 101 chat that was offered and the fact there were crew members in the water with us (one on a surf board) to help, well I felt perfectly safe going in. What really puts the Alii Nui over the top is their attention to detail...the little extras like on the Royal Feast as we went below deck upon boarding we were offered small bowls of fresh pineapple - and below deck the appetizers were set out and waiting for us! And on the snorkel sail as we were headed back to harbour the captain heard there was a humpback whale sighting not far off and he took us over for a look. We saw two female whales and a very curious baby. An unexpected thrill given it was the very end of the whale season and we weren't on a whale watching tour. From start (with free pick up and drop off from our condo) to finish everything about both of our trips on the Alii Nui was perfect! I would strongly recommend the Alii Nui. Truly unforgettable experience that exceeded expectations!! Many thanks to the crew of the Alii Nui :) Oh and I have to admit that although I love children, it was VERY nice to be on a trip with only adults and maybe one or two teenagers :)

Visited April 2013