“Great Fishing” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Tours, Adventure
NY
“Great Fishing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We had a great time out on the boat. It was my first time fishing and they made it very fun. When I caught my first fish I was so happy and it was smooth sailing from then. Although I've never been fishing before I would recommend going with these guys. They are able to give personalized attention if needed. We caught a good amount of snappers and other fish. My husband is elated and now want US to go fishing all the time.

Visited September 2012

Santa Clarita, California
“Great Family Boat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I chartered the Marjorie Ann on 7/18/12 for my wife and I, sister, brother-in-law, nephew (10) and niece (7). We had a wonderful time!!! With Monroe in the wheel house and Alex on deck we caught our limit of snappers and my niece caught her first fish! Monroe and Alex are professional, funny, personable and very nice guys. They cannot control the fishing but they do control their business in a customer friendly manner. If you are looking for a no frills fishing trip, book the Marjorie Ann. I am an avid fishermen - fishing long range in baja, flyfishing in the Rocky and extensive saltwater fishing in California. The Marjorie Ann may not be the flag ship of Maui but it certainly has the Maui spirit - down to earth and straight forward fishing. Please give them a call and book a trip. You will enjoy Maui's beauty from a different perspective - by boat - and you might even catch dinner. We will never forget out trip on the Marjorie Ann! Thanks guys!!! Aloha.

Visited July 2012
Prairieville, Louisiana
“A Wonderful Day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Kelly and Alex were great! My husband really wanted to do a fishing trip and I am not a fisherman so I did research and found Maui Fun Charters. I don't know a thing about fishing, but Alex was there to help me in every way. I started out catching fish that was not edible. The fish were not biting that day, but these guys wanted something to happen. They kept going from spot to spot and we all ended up catching at least one fish. They stayed out an extra half hour just to try to make it happen. We all had a wonderful time!

Visited April 2012
Corvallis, Oregon
10 attraction reviews
“Excellent fishing trip for young fisherpeople”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Kelly and Alex are very personalble guides. The Marjorie Ann is 26' cabin boat which holds a maximum of six fishers. The game fish were small but everyone on board caught a fish. The three young people on board had never caught any kind of a fish before, and this was a good introduction. Kelly and Alex, as Maui-born boat masters, are very knowledgable about the island, boating, and fishing. A kid friendly experience. We had a very good adventure.

Visited July 2012
Houston, Texas
26 attraction reviews
“Not worth it, pass on this and save your time and money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

This was not worth the time or the money we paid to do it. It was just my husband and I and one other person by himself. They claimed they knew all the 'hot spots' for fish and maybe they do but none of those spots delivered for us. We did catch fish but it was the same fish each time and it wasn't that exciting. That day they didnt seem like they were in sync with each other. I don't remember the name of our guides but I am sure it is the same ones that everyone else is stating. My husband is an advid fishing and he didnt like it at all. I knew I wouldn't like it but I went anyways. I acutally ended up enjoying it more than he did in the end. What we didn't appreciate was the badgering to get us to get our fish printed up for us from a 'contact' they had which was like $500 and cheaper than taxidermy. If we had caught a huge fish we may have done it but these were small fish not worth framing. If you have never fished before and you have small children this might be the right trip for your but couples and retiree's should pass.

Visited October 2011