“neat place” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Tomahawk, Wisconsin
“neat place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

went here after snorkeling for some beer and a late lunch. Good Happy Hour prices! I had the prime rib dinner which was ok and my husband had the ribs which were excellent. The sandwiches I seen looked really good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Kihei, Hawaii
“So good, had lunch 3 times in 13 days”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

Great open air restaurant in a great location with above average service. We enjoy Maalea Harbor but had not been to this restaurant during previous trips to Maui. We decided to give it a go and found a place we will gladly return to on future visits to Maui. We had the fish and it was just okay but the brisket sandwich was the best I've had. Make sure to choose green bean casserole as your side, it's as good as homemade. Lots of big screen TV's. All in all, just a great place. It would be good for everybody - drinks with your friends, dinner with family, or just a place to hang and catch a game.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Pukalani, Hawaii
“Good view and service; mediocre food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

The view of Maalaea harbor is nice. Our server was friendly and very good at her job. I ordered the pulled pork sandwich, which comes with no sauce and you add mild or spicy sauce from a bottle at the table. This is not nearly as good as pork cooked in sauce - very disappointing. I had the side salad for $1.50 extra and it was very good. My wife had a fish sandwich, which was ok, but not nearly as good as at the Paia Fish Market. The fries were great - hot and tasty. Prices were around $9 per sandwich. Overall the mediocre taste of the sandwiches overwhelmed the nice view and good service.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bullhead City
“They need bigger plates...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2010

... to hold all that food! Our Brisket and Kalua pork/beef sandwiches were so good that our plates were spotless when we were done. Even the sweet fresh coleslaw was a pleasant surprise. The owner/manager constantly milled around the restaurant, cleaning a table, serving a drink, checking on customers. My only regret is we didn't make it for their Tuesday Prime Rib and King Crab.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Snoqualmie, Washington
“Kelsea - rockstar server!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010

Ok - I have found the BEST server on Maui! I have been coming to Maui for over 20 years - and I am picky. The awesome guys at Maui Plantation Zipline (way cool)recommended Beach Bums - thanks Avacado! We went to get baby back ribs - they were out - but DANG didn't our server recommend a great alternative. Our 2 boys loved their food - and we love - loved our meal. I went to complement the management staff - and shazam! They had just finished cooking the baby backs - which they provided us a take home pack - THIS IS CUSTOMER SERVICE AT IT'S BEST!

Kelsea - your manager has my business card - if you want to move to WA - call me - you are the best!

• 5 of 5 stars Food