“this picture do not have karadut pansıon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Karadut Pansiyon

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kahta
Karadut Pansiyon
Karadur Koyu No:127 Kahta Merkez, Kahta, Turkey   |
Ranked #1 of 7 hotels in Kahta
England, Arkansas
“this picture do not have karadut pansıon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I stayed ın karadut pansıon rooms is very nice there are hot water owner and personnels very nice people if you want to go nemrut you must be stay in karadut pansion because there are three accomadition in karadut but especially kervansaray not good place defraud people and this picture not have karadut pansion it has kervansaray otel they are crook. thank for all of them karadut pansion owner and personnels.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Soon after arriving at Kahta bus terminal the pension owner picked us up in his car and took us to his place. Due to heavy snow we had to stop 2kms short of the pension and hike the rest up in heavy snow slipping and sliding which was cool.
We knew there would be a slim chance of going up Nemrut but went there for the sake of adventure and to experience a side of Turkey we hadn’t in the past.
After we got to his place he gave us the choice of staying in the pension which was a further 300-400 metres uphill or in his house. We chose his house as it was the cosier of the two.
He put fuel (wood) in the heater to keep us warm then his wife cooked us delicious village style authentic food which till today still resonates my taste buds. The food was to die for. Osman wasn’t wrong when he said he’s going to tell his mum to cook us nice food.
The council around here doesn’t seem to care about winter tourists and don’t bother clearing out the 12km stretch of road from Karadut to Nemrut. We decided we’d give it a crack walking and managed to climb 6km in knee deep snow before calling it quits due to our pace slowing down and body temperature dropping. This hike lasted more or less between 3-4 hours which was fun.
Our next destinations were Sanliurfa, Halfeti and Harran so we negotiated a deal with the pension owner to drive us to all the places we wanted to and off we went.
Can definitely recommend this place for anyone wishing to stay in Nemrut and to visit the statues up the top. We will definitely be back. The pension is run by a lovely Turkish family with Kurdish background.
Twin share room cost us 100 lira per person inclusive of breakfast, dinner pickup from Kahta bus terminal and drop off to ferry.
Website seems to be down but if you call Osman on [--] he will be able to liaise with his father.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

Karadut Pansiyon is located approx. 8 km from the top of Nemrut dağı and totally suitable if you want to make a trip to the top of it and its terraces. The rooms are small and simple (two beds and thats it) but clean and nice; the bathrooms are quite clean too.

In winter when it gets really cold there is no water in the rooms as the pipes freeze in the whole village. The only available water is freezing cold as it comes from a water tap on the outside which is kept running so that it does not freeze. As we stayed in winter we were the only guests and the whole house was very cold, so the very nice owner Bayram Bey (who speaks a little English) invited us to spent the evenings in his family home which is heated with a wood oven and provided us with electric heaters and a bunch of blankets for the nights.

The rooms are 70TL (approx. 28€) for a double room and we payed another 20TL (approx. 8€) for breakfast, lunch and dinner alltogether per person. The food is absolutely wonderful and always freshly prepared by Bayram Beys wife with local products. We had delicious breakfast (with freshly made omelet, homemade grape- and apricot jam and joghurt from the village), fantastic gözleme for lunch and a wonderful dinner (with chicken, bulgur, vegetable sote, lentil soup and çiğ köfte).

If you want to reach Karadut from Diyarbakir by car, the fastest way is to take the ferry which takes you accross the ‘Atatürk barajı’ about 30 km. west of Siverek (just follwow the road signs from Siverek on which say ‘feribot’). It leaves every day of the week at 9:30, 11:30, 13:30, 15:30, 17:30, 19:30 and 21:30 and takes approx 20 mn. This way the trip takes around 3 hours in total. In winter (because of snow and ice) make sure to call Bayram Bey beforehand to enquire about the road conditions.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

We stayed in the garden with our tent for one night (10 TL) and enjoyed the great view, the washing machine (5 TL/cycle) and the quiet location close to Nemrut Dagi. We cooked ourselves on the tables provided in the garden. The owner was sympathetic, the WC merely ok (loose squat WC). We had a very good breakfast for 8 TL/personne, featuring the traditionnal tomato, olives, cheese, honey, butter and a local made excellent corn bread. We recommend it if you want to camp!!!
We don't know about the quality of the rooms.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Falls Church, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

The owner approached me while I was waiting at the Kahtha Otogar and tried to get me to stay here. I already had in mind another place, but he sold me when (1) he said that the pension had hot water and (2) since this place was mentioned in the guide books like LP and Rough Guides, I thought it must be at least decent enough.

Well surprise, surpise, there was no hot water when I arrived. It was a disappointment for the owner to have lied like that, and I should've checked the water when I checked in. But it wasn't too big a deal in the end since I was only staying for 1 night anyway. The room I had looked clean, and the bathroom, while very simple, was also clean. The dinner for 10TL was a little too much for what was doled out, but I figured it was a lot of hard work getting supplies to the area, and it looked like low season for the area anyway. Breakfast for 5TL again was nothing much but adequate enough to put something in your stomach. I still wish I had gone with my initial instinct and chose the hotel/pension that I had originally picked further up in Karadut though.

This isn't about the hotel itselt, but my advice for solo traveller intending to see Nemrut from Karadu is to pick your tour up to Nemrut very carefully. I was taken for quite an amount of money from a guy that drove the van around there up to Nemrut, and he always demanded the money while we were in the van. I knew I was taken for a ride, but didn't know of any other tour/driver around the area that I could've taken at that point; otherwise I would've told him to take a hike. It also felt like the Nemrut entrance gate keeper and this driver had some sort of deal working together. It was kind of suspicious to me, but I could be totally wrong on that last point.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Europe
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

Stay elsewhere to make sure your morning at Nemrut is special. Karadut Pansiyon was grubby, small rooms, simple food, no hot water, WORST bathroom I have ever used, air-con just blew hot air around the room. We really just wanted some sleep before the early rise to see Nemrut by sunrise, we got none. It is over priced for the sub-standards. Look elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2008

Stayed for 1 night. It's a long trip to get out to this part of the world. Arrived in the early evening & we had a 3 course Turkish dinner awaiting us [including some meals which were more eastern Turkey than the typical kebab type meals you see in the rest of the country further west] and with endless drinks on offer. Obviously the purpose of our stay was to visit Nemrut Dagi at sunrise. The rooms were larger than we expected and hot water was abundant in the shower [unexpected!]. The owners and staff are fantastic. They cannot do enough for you. The rooms were large with ensuite. This is not luxury accomodation by any means, but you have to put into perspective where you are. We stayed in a pension room, but sometimes hospitality just takes over. The room was clean and fresh - no bed bugs! I am a big city - urban girl by heart, but I loved this place.

• Liked — Hospitality & proximity to Nemrut Dagi
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Karadut Pansiyon? Share your experiences!