We stayed in a beachfront Villa for 1 week around the midgle of October. The Villa is beautiful, with lots of space outside (lounge area and sun beds) but since it still was very hot, there was not enough shade in the morning hours (until about 11:00), and not much you could do about it. Also, since the Villas have no space between them, if you end up like us, being sandwiched in between 2 Villas that have 2-3 small children each, the relaxation factor rapidly goes down. You hear everything, each jump in the pool, each scream...for hours, this was really too much to handle at times! We like children, but we chose the place because we thought we would have more privacy. In general, there were a lot of small children, it sometimes felt more like a Club Robinson!
The beach is incredible, fine, white sand and kilometers to walk.
I expected more from the ocean though - the water was very warm but not very clear, the lagoon is dead, no corals, almost no fish (no need to bring your snorkeling gear, there is nothing to see), and sometimes there is lots of garbage swimming in the water (the hotel staff is constantly cleaning the beach, so you don't see it there), and for 2 days there was red stuff (algies?) coming in, so we did not go in at all.
The food in the restaurants is very good, especially the breakfast buffet. There is a restaurant (Senses on the edge) on top of the mountain which is spectacular. And as others have already pointed out, the service is outstanding.
The Spa was ok, not as good as other Six Senses we have been too. The treatments were average, the Spa atmosphere average, and it always was too cold in the treatment rooms for my taste, too much air-condition, within minutes your skin felt like a dried plum.
In Summary: A perfect place for couples with children,lots of space in the villas, good food and service, but if you want a quiet, intimate place this is not the right hotel to go to. Also, if you are into snorkeling and fish watching, go somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The eighteen acres self-contained Zighy Bay is set on a 1 mile (1.6 Kilometers) stretch of sandy beach fringed with rugged dramatic mountains and sea at the northern peninsula of Musandam. It features some of the most beautiful sandy beaches of Zighy Bay, temperate climate both summer and winter including an award-winning Six Senses Spa and Wellness Centre spanned over more than 20,450 square feet (1,900 square meters). As the first Six Senses resort in Middle East, Six Senses Zighy Bay blends exceptional guest experiences with a unique style - authentic, personal, adapt seamlessly to Middle East especially to Omani cultures, sustainable and in harmony with individual surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Splendia, Despegar.com, MrandMrsSmith, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ and Jetsetter so you can book your Six Senses Zighy Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Six Senses Zighy Bay Hotel Zighy Bay
- 6 Senses Zighy Bay
- Zighy Bay Six Senses Hideaway