“Great place to stay but food could be better...” 4 of 5 stars

Bahay Bakasyunan Sa Camiguin
106-110 Gomez St., Mambajao, Mindanao, Philippines   |
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Mambajao
Makati, Philippines
“Great place to stay but food could be better...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is a beautiful place and it was well worth the price. We availed of the group package so the BBC arranged everything from transfers to tours. Everything went flawlessly. We were met at the Cagayan airport by the driver who arranged our ferry ride. There were even porters who took care of our baggage.

Staff was very polite. The tour was great. The facilities were also very good. We took a dip in the pool and it was great. The rooms are really nice and clean. Water pressure in the bathroom is good. Hot water does turn cold from time to time but that didn't bother us much.

I wish the food served at the restaurant could be better though. After a disappointing dinner (we found the food ordinary and bland), we decided to order pizzas the next day because we figured it would be better. We were right.

By the way, go for a massage. One of the best massages I've ever had. Affordable too.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Marikina, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

when i booked a flight going to Camiguin i asked my colleague on where is a good place to stay there since he already visted the place he suggested i stay at BBC. so availed their group package for 3 days and 2 nights. upon arrvial at CDO Airport everything was arranged from our Private Van going to the Port, Ferry Transfer, and Van Going to the resort ran smoothly. the staffs are wonder especially the driver assisted us for the tour around the island. the resort is peaceful and clean. i had a wonderful stay here and everytime someone asks me where is the best place to stay, without a doubt i always say stay at BBC

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

It was my second time to visit the Philippines and the first time to set foot on Camiguin. I am a Filipino who was born and who grew up in Australia. My mother’s kin are living just off the coast of Misamis Oriental and so Camiguin is just a natural choice for a summer trip. I, along with 4 of my cousins went there for a 3-day trip. Thankfully, we were led to Bahay Bakasyunan by one cousin who is a frequent visitor of the island. He said the place was the best resort in Camiguin.
I like the place where Bahay Bakasyunan is located. It’s just a few kilometres away from the town (that means far away from noise) and is just a few metres from the sea. The rooms are designed like Filipino huts with a bit of sophistication. Because we arrived there at night tired and exhausted, I had no time checking the whole place but when I woke up in the morning, I was amazed at the simplistc beauty this resort has to offer. I spotted a gym, a seaside restaurant, a spa and the resort grounds. I think the place was really amazingly beautiful and relaxing.
Since we were in Camiguin, I wanted to explore and experience everything that the island can offer. I learned that Bahay Bakasyunan was offering a day’s trip to all of Camiguin’s tourists spot and so we signed on immediately because that would be extremely convenient to all of us. Within 3 days, we were able to visit and enjoy the top tourist spots including Sunken Cemetery, Soda Water Swimming Pool, Katibawasan Falls, Hibok-hibok hot spring and many more to mention.
Everytime we returned to the resort, we were treated to a restful sleep in our comfortable accommodation. I can say that everything I need for a summer trip in a tropical country is provided by Bahay Bakasyunan. I availed many of their services at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

At the instant we stepped on the premises of Bahay Bakasyunan we were entertained by their very accommodating staff particularly the front desk officer. Their personnel were very courteous that it gave me and my family a feeling of being warmly welcomed. The front desk officer explained well the different cottages and services Bahay Bakasyunan offers and they asked us to tour around and savor the place.

What I like about Bahay Bakasyunan is that they have their own van which can be used to tour whole island of Camiguin. For me, their service is beyond satisfactory. Unlike other resorts and accommodations, their service is always prompt, no delays. Our 2-day stay at Bahay Bakasyunan was a very good experience. True to their name, Bahay Bakasyunan is indeed home in Camiguin for tourists like me.

Room Tip: It'd be better to avail of the accommodation by group to get the generous discounts. My family d...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Mandaluyong, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Bahay Bakasyunan was a surprise for me. Having been situated in Camiguin island who would imagine having a very good place with good services? I went there expecting not much of a service since it is far from the resorts that i've been to. But Bahay Bakasyunan proved me wrong.

Food was good and cheap and tasty. They may not offer a buffet breakfast but still their Filipino breakfast was a treat.

Since i need to work i wasn't able to enjoy their pool. Sad.

Location wise...not perfect since unlike the other more well known resort it will take more time for you to go to the white beach if your from Bahay Bakasyunan.

Gym was ok with more equipments than smaller resort can offer. Boutique has good choice of shirts accesories and souvenir items.

Overall the stay was good but i was looking forward to have enjoyed the place more.

Room Tip: Try getting the supreme room facing the pool area. View is better than the one at the back.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

Staff was friendly at the beginning, we agreed on a 3 nights stay with a 50% cash downpayment and they gave us a discount.

After the first night it seemed that the agreement was no longer existing and they asked us to pay the balance. Impossible to discuss with them and to get our room keys back. We did not understand what made them change their mind. They also wanted to get a copy of our credit card but we refused, we had read other negative reviews about their staff and manager and we could not trust them anymore.

We finally decided to pay the balance for 2 days and to leave the next day. So the staff preferred to shorten our stay from 3 to 2 days just because they wanted us to pay everything cash in advance.

I just hope the manager reads this review and gives some flexibility to his staff and teaches them not to come back on an agreement.

Other than that, hotel is clean and amenities are ok, a little overpriced, though.

• Stayed May 2012
Breckenridge, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

A beautiful property from the outside. The grounds and huts all look great in photos and when you arrive but the rooms could use some care. The beds are average for comfort and the bath room could use minor repair and cleaning. But still it did provide us with a great stay while in Camiguin. The restaurant was great with a very nice view out to the water but there is no beach here. They do have moto bikes for rent, just 500php for a day, and this was a great way to see the island. As we stayed during the off season the staff were very helpful and had no problems getting all our needs taken care of. But as for the price I did expect just a little nicer room. Maybe the deluxe rooms would have provided this experience.
With just a little more care and some minor updates this place could be worth the price.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Bahay Bakasyunan Sa Camiguin? Share your experiences!