“The best host in Camiguin!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Volcan Daan Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mambajao
Volcan Daan Bed and Breakfast
You added Volcan Daan Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Tangub Naasag, Mambajao, Mindanao 9100, Philippines   |
Ranked #4 of 18 Mambajao B&B and Inns
“The best host in Camiguin!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was very lucky to have the chance to visit Camiguin for 2 weeks ( August 2012) . I had no idea about the place but just wanted to be relax in a quiet island.

Decided to stay in this B&B and I was completely amazed with the view from the terrace of this B&B where you see the sea and get to enjoy the sea breeze everyday, every moment !
The place is fantastic with a huge,beautiful garden. I must say this B&B is perfect for a relax holiday and yet it was such a great pleasure to get to know the host, Mr J and Lyn, they are super friendly, easy to get along with, and Lyn, no doubt, I'm sure she is the best cook in the island ( as I couldn't find anyone else cook better than her in Camiguin, or maybe I should said Philippines ! I really love her cooking, especially Chicken Afritada ! ) Mr J is a very nice guy with good sense of humor, it's just so easy to spend time with them!

I was very lucky to have both of them showing me around the island. Been to many nice places nearby the B&B like the hot spring pools, mantigue islands and waterfalls etc. There are some nice places for hiking as well.

I had spent my 2 months of holiday in Taiwan, Vietnam, Cambodia, malaysia, Singapore & Philippines recently and I must say that Camiguin is the best so far ! The beauty of the island and the hospitality of the host which I can't describe with words but they are the best !!!

I definitely will plan my trip back to Camiguin again and looking forward to see Mr J couple again !

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
volcandaan, Manager at Volcan Daan Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your review about our place. We are looking forward to your next visit to Volcan Daan Bed and Breakfast in the near future. We wish you a nice time in the Philippines.

Annalyn - Manager

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I had the pleasure to visit the charming island of Camiguin in January of 2012. I was in the process of looking for accommodations when by accident I ran into Juergen and his lovely wife Annalyn. I asked them for a ride into Yumbing and Juergen asked me where I was going. I told him I was looking for a place to stay and he suggested to have a look at his Bed & Breakfast. After arriving at their place, it took me about 30 seconds to decide I would stay with them. Their place is on a very quiet and beautifully landscaped parcel of land over looking the ocean. The panoramic views and tequila sunsets were amazing.
What I really enjoyed about my stay was the stimulating conversations with my hosts. Both Annalyn and Juergen are a wealth of information about the island since Annalyn was born and raised there and her husband Juergen has resided on the island for many years. Annyln has all the charm of a sorority greeter on pledge night and is perhaps the best cook on Camiguin Island. Juergen is a straight-shooter with a high moral character and keen sense of humor.
You can go swimming on their private beach which is just a short walk down the hill of their backyard. For those that are looking for an escape of the hustle and bustle of everyday life, you will be rewarded with the peace and quiet of their place. Its probably a good idea to rent a motorcycle or bicycle because you are some what secluded from other activities, however, Annayln can easily arrange for any of those needs. There is also regular jeepney service which I used very easily that goes by their place and will take you anywhere on the island. I will be returning to their B&B soon. I have stayed at other places on this island but none can compare to Volcan Daan.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking your time writing a review about our B&B. It was a pleasure for us to have you as our guest and we hope to see you here again.

Annalyn - Manager

Been to Volcan Daan Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!