“Great place for families” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oaks Seaforth Resort

You added Oaks Seaforth Resort to your Saves list
Oaks Seaforth Resort
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   98-110 Alexandra Parade, Alexandra Headland, Queensland 4572, Australia   |
Newcastle, Australia
“Great place for families”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I am convinced that people expect too much, I read the negative reviews before booking - but the hotel and location looked perfect - so I went ahead and booked it anyway. I am so glad I did. This hotel is extremely well priced for the room and facilities and location, the room was huge, gorgeous view from the super sized balcony. The room had every thing you needed, my girls and I slept fine on the beds, the airconditioning worked fine - as did all the appliances. The furniture was a little tired and there were some marks on the carpet but personally I loved that it was lived in - when you are travelling with children it is nice to know that you do not have to panic every time a bit of food falls to the floor. Personally I expect to see some general wear and tear marks on walls and carpet when it is apartment accommodation because it is usually being used by multiple occupants who are likely to spend more time in the room then a single room at a hotel. The facilities at the Oaks Seaforth are fantastic, the girls loved the lagoon pool, I loved the sauna and the option of the quieter lap pool. The beach was across the road, the surf club with the important patrolled section of beach is only a five minute walk away. Great shops nearby, bus out the front that you can catch to the huge Maroochydore shopping centre if you want to. The staff are so friendly and helpful. Honestly it was the best value holiday and I would definitely visit again. They are currently refurbishing, hope the new carpet and furniture will be child friendly :) will no doubt find out because we will be staying here again when we next travel to the sunshine coast.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
OaksSeaforth, Manager at Oaks Seaforth Resort, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at Oaks Seaforth Resort. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location of the apartments and the Resort facilities. I am pleased that we could play a part in making your holiday enjoyable and memorable experience for you and your girls. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back at Seaforth next time you are on the Sunshine Coast.
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We travelled with our 4 children up to the beautiful Sunny Coast. Such a beautiful spot, overlooking Alexandra Headland beach. Close to a few cafes and restaurant's. Little supermarket and Bottle Shop directly under.
We booked a 3 bedroom Apartment. My 1st impression was fabulous reception Staff, they are just lovely and so helpful.
Our Apartment was DIRTY!!! Walls where filthy and badly needing a scrub and repaint. Carpets need a proper vacuum and shampoo, they where horrid. I wouldn't even pop my bub on the floor to play. Beds where clean with crisp white sheets, kitchen was clean. Couches need new cushions as they are ripped and stained. Be warned if you stay In a "Lagoon" view apartment... you will be chewed by migies.... No flyscreens on any windows or doors. Beautiful open balcony.
If the cleanliness was majorly improved I would stay again.
The reception staff and stunning grounds and pool made it lovely, just hated going back to the room... I hate filth.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated or updated room with an Ocean View. Pool View Rooms are noisy and Lagoon V...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
OaksSeaforth, Manager at Oaks Seaforth Resort, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at Oaks Seaforth Resort. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location of the apartments and the facilities around the Resort. I have passed your comments onto our resort team as they work tirelessly to ensure you have an enjoyable stay. I appreciate the feedback regarding any cleaning issues and I will ensure that this area is revisited with all staff concerned. I am sorry that the overall standard did not meet your expectations. We are currently embarking on a refurbishment programme for our apartments. I will certainly take all your comments into consideration and I thank you for them.
NSW
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Location was good, but our room was horrible. There was an awful wet dank smell that made spending time in apartment unbearable. The carpets and furniture were stained to the point we were hesitant to use the couches. Very disappointed

• Stayed January 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding Oaks Seaforth Resort. I appreciate the feedback regarding any cleaning issues and I will ensure that this area is revisited with all staff concerned. I do hope that you will come and stay with us again next time you are on the Sunshine Coast.
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Air conditioner was broken on arrival, furniture was tired and out dated, the cleanliness was bad - Suite smelt, carpet was filthy, toilet seat and toilet roll holder was broken, oven had no dials to tell you how to use it or what temperature it was on....Try cooking turkey for Christmas in a oven that that has no markings on it. Replacement air conditioner arrived on day 3 and was so loud that sleep was impossible. Very disappointed with the quality of the Oaks groups suites.

Room Tip: I am unable to help with this
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding Oaks Seaforth Resort. I appreciate the feedback given and apologies for any cleaning and maintenance issues. I have addressed this area with all staff concerned. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Never book the Penthouse,furniture out of date took my family there for 3nights not very clean we bought all our food with us so we didn't have to spend our money eating out stove didn't work
Not enough pots or pans all we had was 1 small pan and 1 small pot and 1 large plastic bowl enough dinner plates etc but not enough other essentials to cook with very annoyed with the price we paid for,for a bit of luxury next time a standard room less cost would be far better I just don't understand all penthouse stands for is a higher room with standard quality.Totally disappointed with this resort.

Room Tip: I booked the penthouse room very poor, lounge suite very grotty main bedroom bed very hard outside f...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding Oaks Seaforth Resort. I appreciate the feedback given regarding the apartment facilities and I will ensure that this area is looked at with our upcoming refurbishment. I do hope that you will come and stay with us again next time you are on the Sunshine Coast.
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We have just returned from a three night stay in a 1 bedroom apartment. We found the accommodation very comfortable and met all our needs. Although the sofa was a little tired, the standard of cleanliness was extremely high. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. The facilities at the complex were excellent and the tropical gardens were beautiful. The close proximity of restaurants, supermarket and bakery were an added bonus. We can't wait to return for another short break.

Room Tip: One bedroom units do not have sea views.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding Oaks Seaforth Resort. I appreciate the feedback regarding the apartment furnishings. The Resort is finalising preparations for a full make over in rooms. The new furniture we have had designed especially for this resort by interior designers. We look forward to welcoming you back with us again next time you are on the Sunshine Coast.

Darwin, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Our first time with the kids on the QLD coast and we were looking for somewhere easily accessible, on the beach and self contained. The Oaks Seaforth was all these. The room was very spacious and had all we needed (washing machine/dryer/fully equipped kitchen). The bathroom in the main bedroom was not pristine, but that was all we could fault. The beach with flagged swimming area was a short walk, and our family loved the lagoon and pool areas. Security was high, which we appreciated and felt very safe. Will return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience at Oaks Seaforth Resort. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the apartment. We have passed on your comments to our team and certainly thank you for taking the time to write this review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Kind regards,

Hotel Manager

Been to Oaks Seaforth Resort? Share your experiences!