“Lovely stay - Jan 17-20” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oaks Seaforth Resort

You added Oaks Seaforth Resort to your Saves list
Oaks Seaforth Resort
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   98-110 Alexandra Parade, Alexandra Headland, Queensland 4572, Australia   |
Brisbane, Australia
“Lovely stay - Jan 17-20”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This was our second time staying at Oaks Seaforth and again it did not disappoint. We were in unit 443 Windsor Shores and it was fabulous! The unit was clean,comfortable,modern with all the facilities and equipment you could wish for, a lovely large balcony with ocean views. Oaks Seaforth is in a wonderful location opposite the beach, walking distance to great bakery,pub,restaurants,mini-supermarket. The reception staff were all very friendly and helpful,and the general manager Gavin is lovely - also very helpful and accommodating and he made our stay even more enjoyable! There will definitely be a third time staying here and I would not hesitate to recommend Oaks Seaforth Resort.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
OaksSeaforth, Manager at Oaks Seaforth Resort, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you very much for your wonderful review about the resort. It was kind words also about the staff here. Customer service is very important and to combine an apartment to which you found satisfied all your needs with great customer service is pleasing. The team are glad you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to seeing you again in the future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed at oaks seaforth resort from the 12 - 15 of January in room 620 which is located in Newport building. Prior to arrival I was quite concerned about to crappy reviews of this place but on arrival I was shocked how such a wonderful resort could achieve such horrible reviews. The room which I stayed in was clean, comfortable & spacious unlike the rooms of other hotels that I have stayed in. We even got a 6th floor room with a fabulous view over the lagoon from our huge balcony. Yes the sofa was a but worn and yes the table had a chip but that didn't really matter as we were only paying $116 per night for a one bed apartment. The only other drawbacks are that there was no soap in the shower (but luckily I brought my own) and that there was no frying pan in the kitchen (only an electric one) but that didn't really matter much as we ate out most of the time. These issues didn't bother me much but probably may concern some other more 'sensitive' guests that I have read about in previous reviews. The facilities of the hotel were fantastic as the lagoon & lap pool meant there was something for all ages. The only thing I noticed with the pools was that the lap pool had some unusual grease on the tiles that were situated just above the water. I never used the gym or sauna so I can't comment on them. The location of the hotel was great as it is situated right in between mooloolaba and maroochydore & is only 500m walk from the Alex headland patrolled beach. The staff at the hotel were great and were extremely helpful. I would especially like to congratulate Wendy from reception for her work in making our stay enjoyable. Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. Keep it up oaks!!!!'

• Stayed January 2013
OaksSeaforth, Manager at Oaks Seaforth Resort, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay here at Oaks Seaforth. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay at the resort. The location is excellent and very close to the patrolled beach and various amenities as mentioned. The lap pool has just been refurbished recently and it concerns me if there is any cleanliness issues as it is cleaned regularly. I appreciate the feedback and will follow this through immediately. All replacements in rooms should be 100% with no exceptions, so I will also follow this up with staff concerned also. I have passed on your feedback to Wendy, as this is pleasing to hear of exceptional customer service.
Looking forward to you visiting again soon

Kind Reagrds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We've stayed at this apartment for New Year's and overall it was really quite good.

We got a 3 bedroom place for 7 people (the hotel provided an extra bed). It was overlooking the oceas, had a huge balcony, a really decent kitchen (everything that was needed was there).

There is a pub downstairs (no issues with the noise though), a BWS, a Thai restaurant and a convenience store amongst other little shops. Mooloolaba is only 3 minutes drive and the beach is literally a minute walk. (Traffic light wait included!) It was real value for money, particularly during such a peak time.

I shared with a friend of mine and we had two single beds. The beds were both ordinary and a bit on the old side and squeaky. And there were no fans in either of the extra bedrooms so we ended up having to go home and get a fan as it was really hot.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
OaksSeaforth, Manager at Oaks Seaforth Resort, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful feedback about your stay at Oaks Seaforth. It is a very busy time of the year and the weather this summer has been excellent. We hope to see you again this year and we are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed a rainy week in July and so did not use any outdoor resort features. Desk staff were friendly; there was a delay in having a prepared room and so we were promptly double-up-graded to an ocean front to bedroom unit. We found the room to be clean and comfortable and the bed was great. We have been very happy with other Oaks properties. Surprised by the other reviews about cleanliness problems.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
OaksSeaforth, Manager at Oaks Seaforth Resort, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback on your stay here at Oaks Seaforth. The team here love receiving positive comments and we always share these in the team briefings along with any other feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and welcome you back again soon hopefully.

Regards
Main Beach, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Paid for a 2 bdm penthouse suite and received a 2 brm dump instead. As soon as you walked in the door, the smell of cigarettes. The master bedroom smelt worse than the living area. I had to sleep in one of the single beds with one of my children due to the pillows and room reaking of cigarettes in the master bedroom. The decor was old fashioned and filthy. The quilt cover on one of the single beds in the other room was torn. Hand marks were all over the glass top dining suite and side tables. The outdoor setting was filthy with food crumbs between the cracks. The glass panles, windows and tiles on the outdoor area were filthy. The carpets had not been cleaned to a high standard with dirt and crumbs visible. This is the worst hotel room I have ever stayed in. I telephoned the reception before checking out to voice my concerns about the cleanliness of the room. I did not want to complain in front of other guests. I tolerated it due to only staying for one night. Had we of stayed for more, I would of demanded another room. A fortnight later, there has been no apology in writing from management or a discount voucher to stay at another hotel. I will never stay at the Oaks again or any other resort associated with this company. My two children could of done a better job of cleaning the premises than those employed to do so ! One word, dump !

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
OaksSeaforth, Manager at Oaks Seaforth Resort, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for your feedback at Oaks Seaforth. It doesnt seem like an enjoyable stay this time at the resort. All our rooms are non smoking and it is disappointing when this happens, so I do apologise for this. Cleaning issues are always not acceptable, and this feedback will be passed onto the housekeeping department. There is beautiful apartments with great views and excellent facilities at the resort so I do hope you decide to revisit, and I certainly do appreciate the feedback to ensure we strive to acheive quality standards at all times.

Regards
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I had stayed here previously a few years back and it was a fantastic place to stay. However things have obviously changed and the hotel has not been maintained at all over the last few years.

The apartment was very old with ripped carpet, the walls were dirty with fake tan marks throughout the bathrooms. We found on 3 separate occasions cockroaches in the bathrooms and living area. There was used soap left in the showers and the toilet was broken and kept flushing/running water all night.

I told the staff when checking out and all they could do was apologise and write down our unit number to fix for the next person.

I think the only positive about the apartment was the sheer size and the location/view over the water. I won't be staying there again.

Room Tip: A clean one if possible.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
OaksSeaforth, Manager at Oaks Seaforth Resort, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Oaks Seaforth. This is simply not good enough and apartments should never be presented in this manner. I have passed this onto the housekeeping department to ensure this is not happening at all. I do know the cockroach spray has recently occured in all the buildings and apartments and I do apologise for any inconvenience. Thank you once again for the feedback to ensure the overall guest experience is maintained in the future.

Merry Christmas
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Good clean basic accomadation, ocean views, close to all necessities and cheery helpful staff who couldnt do enough.Rooms were spotless, bedlinen crisp, walls did not have a mark or smudge the cleaning staff here are to be commended.Swimming pool cleanest i have encountered, no litter not even a cigarette butt insight.Overall ten out of ten!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
OaksSeaforth, Manager at Oaks Seaforth Resort, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding your stay at the resort. It seems like you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. We have just recently renovated the lap pool and washed the lagoon pool throughout, so thank you for noticing this and I am very glad you had fun. I have passed the positive feedback onto the housekeeping staff and common area cleaners also as we have high expectations and I am glad on this occasion they have met these high standards.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future

Hotel Manager

Been to Oaks Seaforth Resort? Share your experiences!