“It's a must do if you visit Samanà” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Samana Zipline Tour

Samana Zipline Tour
El Valle Road, near Cascada Lulu, Santa Barbara de Samana 00009, Dominican Republic
1 829 542 3005
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Game/ Entertainment Centers, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: 13 Stations, 12 ziplines for all ages. Three cable system for added safety. We are the best ranked excursion , attraction in Dominican Republic. After enjoying the Samana Zip Line you will swim in the Lulu waterfall. It is located at the bottom of the 13th station. Samana Zipline Tour is an excellent excursion to do with friends, family and children. It's an ecotouristical atraction for all ages, that combines the contact of nature, flying into the forest, swimming in casacade and having lunch in the great "El Valle" beach, with the best dominican food, such as fresh fish, lobsters, and fruits of the place.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
“It's a must do if you visit Samanà”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I was in Samana last month to teach some scuba diving classes. While there I met Bart...oh boy! For those who have met him, know what I'm sayin. This is a review for the zipline but Bart HAS to be mentioned. It's part of what made the trip so fun. There were 12 ziplines that crossed between 2 mountains. I was surprised at the speed you could pick up. Each zip brought you closer to the bottom of the mountains (which an incredible waterfall awaited for us). Our group was able to hangout and enjoy the waterfall; we all swam and the local Dominican boys showed off! It was crazy how they can climb these rock walls with no shoes and super ease. Several of them scaled 20ft up a tree then jumped in the water from there....this tree wasn't but 8" in diameter. From the waterfall, we took a short hike over to Bart's Eco lodge...that is a master piece in itself! The local guys who work for Bart then put on a demonstration about local food. It was sooo good!! The staff was awesome and you can tell they enjoy what they do. So after this huge rant and rave, it comes down to This experience was awesome!! Ohh, and Bart's parents were there. They are a hoot and a Hillary as well!!

Visited February 2013

• Polish first
Derwood, Maryland
36 attraction reviews
“Thrilling experience: must-do in Samana”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We signed up for this (two adults and two kids) not knowing what to expect. Three out of four of us were first timers. This really just blew our minds. Gorgeous surroundings, 12 zipline sections which descended down the mountainside, completely safe, no work at all (you don't have to worry about braking: they do it for you) : just pure thrills.

Terry (the person running it) is dynamic and a real 'local', an American who has lived there over ten years and clearly cares about the place and people. Locally prepared lunch is included, as is a culture presentation that the villagers participate in.

We had torrential rain the whole time and were soaked through, but the crew managed to get us back to our cruise ship on time despite bad roads and a flooded river which necessitated bringing out two new trucks which could handle the conditions. Lots of excitement we didn't expect, and totally worth it.

“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

This was our third time zip lining at different countries and I must say the best so far. Bart and his crew do an awesome job. Loved the hands free. Can't wait to see all the hard work on restaurant bar and huts completed. Some day we will return to see it completed. Hats off to you Bart! You are a guy with a vision and sees it through. Best in the future.
Patty and Pete
Ontario,Canada

Toronto, Canada
7 attraction reviews
“Yowzah! Do this thing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Scary as hell, get your head around that, TOTALLY worth it. Once you've tried it, you'll want to go back. Get to know the owner, Bart, a complete gentleman, a visionary, to say the least, and rather a force of nature.

There's a beautiful swim beneath a cool waterfall, way way way down there at the bottom of the enormous valley. Bart will show you the unbelievably cool hotel that he is building right in the forest, afterwards. The whole experience is unforgettable.

Bring your camera!!! ..and for goodness' sakes, make sure that it has a wrist strap!!!

Visited March 2013
Kingston, Canada
7 attraction reviews
“Good time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This was a fun zip line tour. The guides do the breaking for you and there are 12 zip lines so you get lots of time to zip back and forth across the valley. I went upside down quite a but and managed to touch the line with my shoes and I have the marks to prove it. My wife and I both enjoyed this, but I've done zip lines enough I don't really get much of a thrill anymore. I'm sure I'll do them again with my kids, but I'm done for a little while.

Visited March 2013