“Kudos Bart! You rocked our world!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Samana Zipline Tour

Samana Zipline Tour
El Valle Road, near Cascada Lulu, Santa Barbara de Samana 00009, Dominican Republic
1 829 542 3005
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Game/ Entertainment Centers, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: 13 Stations, 12 ziplines for all ages. Three cable system for added safety. We are the best ranked excursion , attraction in Dominican Republic. After enjoying the Samana Zip Line you will swim in the Lulu waterfall. It is located at the bottom of the 13th station. Samana Zipline Tour is an excellent excursion to do with friends, family and children. It's an ecotouristical atraction for all ages, that combines the contact of nature, flying into the forest, swimming in casacade and having lunch in the great "El Valle" beach, with the best dominican food, such as fresh fish, lobsters, and fruits of the place.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Barrie, Canada
“Kudos Bart! You rocked our world!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This zip-lining is amazing, and the best part is by far the owner. Bart is such an inspiration, and the world can use a few more people like him. The views are breathtaking, and the zip-line feels safe and secure, and the staff was very friendly and knowledgeable.

Make sure to go for a swim under the waterfall, once your done zip-lining. We forgot our swimsuits however it was so amazing we felt we had to go in!

The eco-lodge is essentially a giant hostal in the middle of the jungle, a place to grab a beer and make some friends! We will be revisiting Samana again, just to come stay at the eco-lodge!

Bart, I know you read these, you were so wonderful, Pat and I really enjoyed your company. Well be emailing you when were coming back and maybe you can pick us up at the airport ;) to take us to your eco-lodge!

See you soon :)

To everyone else debating it, get off your butt and experience the most amazing ride of your life!

Adios

• Polish first
southern ontario
44 attraction reviews
“1st time zip-lining - had a blast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

First off, I think the name "Walk the Plank" should be in this review title as there is at least one other, I believe, and I couldn't initially find the feedback section for this tour as I was looking for that company name.

My friends and I (ages 47-60, male and female) did this tour and would do it again, no question!
It cost $105 American each and was worth every penny.

When you get to the upper part of the mountain, in a jungle environment, you hike up a steep hill with stairs for about 2 mins to get to the first station. You are about 450ft up. Instructions are clear, staff know their stuff, equipment is safe and in great condition and we felt secure with the professionalism of the whole experience.

Bart, (from Boise!) the owner, and his parents were with us the day we went. Bart is a super-achiever who not only set up the zip-line attraction but also showed us the eco-lodge he is building which is near the end of the zip-lines. It is a unique, well-thought out tree-house concept where people will be able to sleep on suspended beds in their own little tree house.

The zip-line starts at the top of a mountain and there are 12 stations. You essentially zig-zag across one mountain to another while sailing over the valley between.It takes about an hour and a half, depending on how many people are in your group that day. Eventually you get back to ground level and then have the option of swimming in a little pond at the base of a small water-fall. You are there for about 30-45mins.

You go back to the truck and drive to a small hut where we were told about local plants, fruits, info in general. We got to sample fresh banana coated in real cocoa syrup, try some real hot chocolate, some mamajuana (a local wonder-drink made from wood-shavings, honey, wine and rum) and had the no-pressure option of buying some real cocoa, local honey and mamajuana wood chips.

The zip-lining was the most adventurous activity we'd ever done. Some of us were nervous about it at first but quickly became comfortable and if someone had said do you want to go back to the top and do it again we would've said absolutely!

Kudos to Bart and his can-do attitude, his commitment to the welfare of the local community, the satisfaction of his customers and best of luck in the eco-lodge launch!
Thanks to Alex, Angel and all the crew who were so good with everyone. It was truly a great experience.

Ridgefield, Connecticut
3 attraction reviews
“Wow.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

First of all I had never done a zip line before and am afraid of heights so my thrills might be more extreme than some knowing I was experiencing what is referred to as the longest and highest zip in the Caribbean (I do believe my screams and laughter were heard from space, just sayin'), but how could anyone help having a great time flying over the jungle at like 40 stories high knowing that walking the plank is also the safest leap of faith in the whole Caribbean!

They use an auto braking system, and are 100% accident free to date. We had friends that went at different times, and without exception, everyone raved about it! There are 12 zips in all which, as you descend, eventually get you down to the waterfall, where you can swim, jump, or just chill and let the adrenaline tic down a notch. The staff were terrific and super friendly. We drove ourselves (not recommended for most), so while we didn't technically experience the group safari part, we still followed the same crazy roads and river crossing by truck. The final destination of this zip trip was El Valle beach, which is beautiful. The lady at the far end green shack at El Valle makes awesome beans and rice, and all the food is served family style. Of note: for those interested in staying over night, or who are backpacking through, Brad, the owner of "Walk the Plank" offers hammocks, and is currently building an eco lodge -- tree house style dwellings, with a central lodge - too cool! Also, the "main" roads are soon to be paved, which could change the recommendation against taking your own transportation -- There are a couple of really steep hills going out that can really tax your tranny, and when the road gets wet, it's one big red slick, rocky, soup, not the safest for 2 wheels, but awesome, dirty fun in a dune buggy!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Awesome Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We hiked up to the first platform and whew was it scary looking down! But after watching a few people go before us, it looked like a blast. We hooked up our gear and off we went on the first line! It was great! I tried hanging upside down and spinning a bit. Their auto-break system is really nice and the guys working the lines were really friendly.

Oshawa, Canada
6 attraction reviews
“Blessed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I will start off by telling you that I have a little control issue. I hate giving it up. I have also taken enough collage metallurgy to scare the crap out of me on almost all excursions. My wife and I are not good with heights but we also look at things as we only go around once in life.

Now on to the good part.

Bart, and his guys, have an infectious nature and before I knew it I was harnessed up and ready to go. I was speaking with some other adventurers while I waited for my turn and when I looked back my wife was on the plank and about to head across. My wife was no more then 20 feet off the plank before she was hands free and having a blast. Then to my very real surprise I was hooked up and next to go. Everyone, staff and guests, were so encouraging that you just forget that you are about to walk off the plank. I was not as daring as my wife and had to hold on all the way on the first line. I never really had a bad or scary feeling and only a few times did I think about where I was and what “could” happen. By the third line my wife was actually going upside down and by the seventh so was I. You will be at the halfway point before you know it and wishing you could start all over. I would have to say if you do only one thing while in Samana this is the tour for everyone.

I don’t even remember how Bart got me up the waterfall at the end or the zip line but he did and before I knew it I was jumping into the pool. I really wish we could have had more time at the falls since it was so hot and the water was nice and cold. The current is a little strong right at the falls where you jump but you can swim around with ease a little closer to the “beach” area. There is a little cave you are able to swim to under the falls but there is also a little “walk way” under the water to the one side. I would recommend everyone strip down and get in the water.

We had taking some toys, plastic bats/balls and a few dolls, for the kids at the end of the tour. Bart was nice enough to keep them in the truck so I didn’t have to carry them and I had a blast watching the kids play a little ball before we headed back to the house. Bart even made a quick stop so I could hand out a few more along the road. After the information at the house we headed back toward Samana and Bart stopped by the clinic so we could drop off medical supplies my wife had packed up. If you can, donations are always a nice way to say thank you to the locals for letting us play in their back yard.

Bart was so good to us and I really feel blessed for just meeting him. I truly hope I can make it back down to Samana and hook up again. I cannot say enough good things about this tour and the guys behind it. Bart you are the real Super Star. There are so many things I want to say but just don’t know how. Thank you so much for everything bud. I am happy to call you a friend.

A very special Thank You to Bart, Tom and Brad for the pre-trip trip.