“Great place for lunch” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Caracola Restaurant & Bar

Caracola Restaurant & Bar
Avenida Malecon No.1 | Plaza Pueblo Principe, Santa Barbara de Samana 12345, Dominican Republic (Formerly Bahia Azul Caracola Restaurant and Bar)
809 538-2694
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood, Continental
Good for: Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Caracola Restaurant & Bar - Located on the Malecón with Scenic View of Samana Bay. FREE Wifi in Samana City on the Largest Outdoor Terrace. The Place to Eat great tasting International Food at Low Prices in Samana Town Dominican Republic. Complete Bar Service. Breakfast + Capuccino & Espresso coffees, Lunch and Dinner ; Open from 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM EVERYDAY.
“Great place for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate Lunch here after taking a whale watching tour. We both got the Bahia Azul hamburger with egg and bacon and it was very good. The service was friendly and the bathrooms were very clean. I think they usually have wifi as well, though today it was not working correctly.

80% Recommend
Santa Barbara de Samana, Dominican Republic
“a table with a view, pleasant, friendly and efficient service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Bahía Azul is always a great place to dine. Its relaxing bayfront location, fresh food and kind attentive service are worth a visit when in Samaná. We went with our children for lunch but it is equally enjoyable at night with friends or your significant other.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“Good food... and Average Ambiance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Fish and Shrimp are excellent, also tostones.
Price is great fot what you get.
Variety in the menu.
I went on Dec 2012, to have lunch, with my husband, it was ok. We were satisfied with the food we got. We wanted seafood with creole seasoning, ant thats what you get, with a scenic view of the bahia of samana in the Samana Town.
the music is aweful (i dont like hearing merengue and bachata while I eat..I prefer chill out) so, I wont return there.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Santa Barbara de Samana, Dominican Republic
“Tour Samana With Terry Approved! Wonderful Place to Hang Out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have lived in Samana for 10 years now. When I want to relax and kick back and relax with my friends (foreigners or Dominicans) or just enjoy a night out with my wife I always think about Bahia Azul. Super cold draft Presidente beer for about $1.15 US (45 pesos at the this time). Food is very good too. But, even if they didn't have food, I'd be a regular customer just to sit on their open air patio and have a few beers with my buds or my honey and look at the sailboats in the bay and the people walking about. When my dad comes down to visit, he spends most of his week sitting on their patio having beer with his buddies as well. I have to admit, I try to join them as much as possible, in between tours! LOL!

I can't promise that everyone will like whichever dish you choose to eat but the prices are super and the ambiance is out of this world, especially at night. They seem to specialize in seafood (like most establishments in our area) so stay away from the pizza, they are not Italians at this place. Also, don't expect any hamburgers in the entire country to live up to your standards from home either, it just won't happen, so stay away from burgers in all restaurants including this one. The grilled chicken baguette is very very good and I eat it just about every time I go. Most appetizers are very good and cheap.

I love this place and I hope that you do too!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saskatoon, Canada
“Excellent Food with a View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

We were in Samana the first week of March, 2012 and stayed at Cayo Levantado. We visited Bahia Azul for lunch while in Santa Barbara de Samana for a day of shopping. The restaraunt is situated with a beautiful view of the bay and has outdoor seating on a very nice patio with umbrellas for shade. We had lunch here and found the food to be very good. Each of us ordered an appetizer, main course and drink... the cost was $42 CND... for 4 adults. Very inexpensive for the quality of meal that we enjoyed. I had the butterfly shrimp creole and my husband had a pasta/shrimp creole... both fantastic! The other couple each had a fish dish, and both were very pleased with their meal as well.
The service was excellent and friendly and the restaraunt was clean ( the washrooms were also clean). We will definately eat at this restaraunt again on our next visit.

• Visited March 2012