“MUST DO IF YOU ARE VISITING LAS TERRENAS OR SAMANA” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tauro Tours

Tauro Tours
Avenida Circunvalacion Building 16 | Local #4, Postal Code 32000, Santa Barbara de Samana, Dominican Republic (Formerly Razor Tours)
+1 849-658-8997
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Tauro Tours Samana and Green Cape ATV Adventures. Same owner Melvin Moya with new partner Leo Messina. Same Great Tours and Excursions all over Samana. ATV Adventure Tour, Playa Rincon Tour, Playita Beach Tour, Haitises National Park Tour and Cascada El Limon Waterfall Tour in Samana Peninsula Dominican Republic.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Whitestone, New York, United States
“MUST DO IF YOU ARE VISITING LAS TERRENAS OR SAMANA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We had a great time on the ATV adventure. We were picked up from the El Portillo at 8:15, it was about a 45 minute drive to the excursion. We got to see houses, stores, towns and the country side, the ride was interesting and great. Melvin the owner was our tour guide, and he did a great job. He shared a lot of interesting facts with us about the agriculture of the Dominican Republic and the products that come from the Dominican Republic. It was such a great experience driving the ATV's through the town, on back roads and the beach. There was 7 of us so we had 2 doubles and a single. We went by ATV to Ricon beach which was beautiful. We felt safe and welcomed by everyone in Samana. Don't miss out on this great experience!!!

Visited July 2013

“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband, son and father all went on the ATV tour while we were there on our cruise. Melvin and his staff were amazing. My family cannot stop talking about the amazing sites and people that they met while on the tour. It was truly the highlight of their trip!

Visited April 2013
Vancouver, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Highlight of our trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

OMG please do this day trip if you are going to Samana you will not be sorry!

The staff are simply amazing! While on the tour we stopped to try local honey, vanilla, coffee and chocolate (so cool) from a little road side hut. I wanted to buy some chocolate and they sold out. The owner ( I'm sorry that I can't remember his name) said to pay the women and he would bring it to our resort the next day. I was a little skeptical but I figured I'd made more expensive mistakes haha. The next night we waited in our hotel lobby and he came with my chocolate in hand and gave us both a hug and thanked us again for choosing his tour company! So above and beyond!

The tour is super fun and anyone can do it. There was an older lady in front of us having a blast! It's great because you get to see a side of Samana you wouldn't normally see and Playa Rincon is crazy beautiful!

Visited May 2012
New York City, New York
“Great ATV adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We booked through the internet after searching for an excursion while our cruise was in port at Samana. The email booking process was easy. We had to use a tender boat on that cruise for the port so we got there about 8am. They were there to meet us and we waited til 9am for the designated start time of the tour. My husband and I shared an ATV. It was a small group that day, one other couple and another couple with their 9 yr old daughter. The tour was overall great, we enjoyed everything. Melvin was our guide while his assistant Martin drove the van. Playa Rincon was seclusive, great for swimming. Although the site advertised a free long beach chair, someone there came over and wanted to charge us $5 per chair. We didnt take it since we were only going to swim there for 20 min anyway and didnt plan on lounging, so we rested our bags on the sand. After the beach we were taken to a house that sold pure chocolate and delicious honey. There Melvin will explain the process of chocolate from cocoa plant while you can sample the fruits and enjoy soft drinks. You can purchase little souvenirs there for cheap and also buy vanilla, honey, and chocolate for $5 each. As you drive the ATV you will see many children come out to the roads and wave hello while going through the villages. It was a great experience for nature lovers. Melvin was knowledgeable and friendly, I would highly reccommend this tour, it was a great price also.

Visited March 2013
Branford
“Thank you Melvin!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My son and I just got back from a week in Samana.
The hotel we stayed at was pretty good and we really enjoyed our time there but we were most thankful to Melvin for making our stay that much better.
I booked 2 excursions online (ATV and the Waterfall) both of which Melvin provided the tour.
My son and I ended up being the only ones going on the days we chose and I recognize that Melvin could have cancelled the tours as it was not very cost effective for him to take just 2 people.
But Melvin never once complained and in fact, he gave the best tours we have ever had on any of our vacations anywhere.
Melvin was wonderful and made us feel so comfortable and we had a ton of fun.

I had booked the Zip line tour through our hotel rep and that tour ended up being cancelled because my son and I were the only ones going from our hotel.
However, Melvin made it happen. Even though he does not provide the Zip line tour himself, he went out of his way to arrange for a friend of his (Julio) to take us!!!!! THANK YOU MELVIN!!
And a big thank you to Julio who took my son and I on a personal tour of Samana including the zipline, all on his day off!!!!! THANK YOU JULIO!!!!!
Anyone planning to book an excursion in Samana should definitely book with Melvin - he is a stand up guy!!!!!

Visited March 2013