“Must-visit resto in Tacloban” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 45 Restaurants in Tacloban
Cuisines: Mexican
Makati
“Must-visit resto in Tacloban”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

I discovered this place while googling for eating places in Tacloban. It was my first time in Tacloban, I don’t knoHw anybody, and had no idea where to eat. I was tired that night and needed good food. The food was so amazing! I ordered nachos and rum ribs which according to the reviews were to die for. They were not lying. I almost ate the entire plate of chips! And the meat of the rum ribs was sooo tender, it fell of the bones. I wonder how they prepare it. The meat was so tasty, too. The owners were very friendly and down to earth; chatted with me when I began asking questions about the resto and menu. They are very nice people, and remind of two good friends from way back. I left the place very satisfied. My story does not end here. I came back the next day before catching my flight back to Manila. I ate those tempting chips again, and also tried their bangus (milkfish) with humus and the jerk bangus. Delicious! Sunzibar is one place you should not miss. It offers not just excellent food but very good customer service as well. Kudos to its owners!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Manila, Philippines
“Good Food at Reasonable Price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Just a walk from the city center, this resto offers good food at reasonable prices...and best of all it is walking distance from the downtown. For tourists, the regional capitol building is minutes by walking through from this resto.

Leyte Park Hotel and bars is near the place. Tacloban City is a small city so everything is within walking distance.

Visited October 2012
Nottingham
“Disgraceful service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Half of our order never arrived even after we complained having waited an hour. We then asked for the bill as we were still hungry and went elsewhere. They just didn't care at all. Avoid if you want to actually eat.

Visited August 2013
Cairns, Australia
“Inspired Budget Foods”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Imaginative, creative lovely cheap food and lovely friendly staff always. Always a delight to return to when I go to TAcloban. The middle-eastern touches are inspired - Bangus with houmous???? YESSSSS! and great brewed coffee to finish. Highest recommendation

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tel Aviv, Israel
“The best place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

The best place to eat in Tacloban. The place is nice and the service is very good. I am vegetarian and I can always find what to eat there with no problem.
The mango shake is very good and pasta as well. Home salad is good too!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere