“This is a very good value for your money.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Alejandro

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tacloban
Hotel Alejandro
You added Hotel Alejandro to your Saves list
Paterno Street, Tacloban, Leyte Province 6500, Philippines   |
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Tacloban
Torrance, California
“This is a very good value for your money.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

This would be considered an average hotel in the US, but with much, much better service. The hotel is old, but full of historic photos and architecture. I would recommend only the more expensive rooms, but even then you will be paying about $40 US. While not an exclusive or fancy stay, you won't find many better values for your money on Leyte. The resturant is quite good and also inexpensive and has the same high quality of service the rest of the hotel staff provide. Get your laundry done here - great value. The only high price item is transportation to and from the airport at PHP 300. I highly recommend it and don't miss out on their American breakfast - excellent!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
parts unknow
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

Hotel Alejandro was a bad place to stay. I stayed there nearly two weeks, so I leaned alot. Let me start by stating this, I only stayed at this hotel, and this may very well be the best hotel in Tacloban City, but its far from good. I did visit Leyte Park Hotel, but wow what a dump. Leyte Park had enough garbage on its property and in the water, i would not even check in there.

Back to Hotel Alejandro. The rooms need to be cleaned with some TLC. Especially in the bathrooms. I felt more dirty going in, during, and coming out of the shower with all the mold etc. I was so frightened I showered with the curtain open so i could see if the mold moved. The mold and mildew is just a sign of laziness in my opinion, I mean come on hotel management, take pride in your property. I also saw everything from small to giant roaches, in addition to lizards and other creepy crawlies.

The hotel staff was below average overall. However, the security guards where great guys, really nice and attentive. I felt secure there. Also, the housekeeping staff were nice and wouldnt let me forget anything in my room. However, there was one instant where one asked my fiance how old she was as we were leaving for lunch, totally inappropriate, but she spoke tagalog, so by the time I got the interpretation it wasn't worth reacting. The main issue i had was with the desk staff. Forget about leaving messages, returning messages, reserving functions, getting change, etc. I think there attitude was reflective when booking the hotel originally; I never really got confirmation.

The restraunt was ok at best, but way to pricey for th quality. Don't eat the filet mignon unless you want to choke, and although the drinks were about 100 pesos, you can take a nap and come back by the time they serve you your TWO ounces of mixed drink. In addition, they have a cooler in one corner that blows freezing air on one side of the restraunt. So, you will need a sweater in there if in or near the direct flow.

The hotel will nickel and dime you for all. For example we brought in our own drinks for the reception and they just added on 300 pesos for that. Says it hotel policy, so I asked where it was written on the scratch paper the event coordinator gave for the menu, and its not written anywhere. I guess they just make things up and tell you about it after of course. Needless to say I did not pay that one. We got about 2000 pesos worth of food for about 3 times the cost. So, bad Idea, if your considering, however the poolside area is very nice looking, but again you would think they would have pool lights to enhance the scene... forget about it.

Like i said this may be a nice hotel for Tacloban, but regardless its bad, stay away if possible.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2010

nice enough just close your eyes when you walk around we saw several cockroches in the room, good value though, the pool area has nice views of the mountains and coast the best and most friendly award goes to Romy the waiter

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

Just a basic hotel. The room has a basic small beds. They don't clean the rooms well. They gave very thin small towels with cheap soap. The bathroom has some molds. They don't replace the glasses. You have to go down there to get new glasses. Lyte Park Hotel has new management. In time, that hotel will be a nice place with a view of the sea.
This is a 2 or 3 star at the most hotel. They need to start working hard on the rooms.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

Looked around tacloban when we first arrived and this hotel was the best. (Leyte park resort had cockroaches and looked old and dirty). Service was poor to average, with some requests like wake up calls never happening. The constant noise of roosters and barking dogs made it hard to have a decent sleep.The water being turned off without notice and the electricity blackouts didnt help either. If you do book this hotel make sure you can get a confirmation either by writing or email ,when my sister stayed she booked 2 rooms and when she arrived they only gave her 1.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

We arrived on the late afternoon of the Valentine weekend. Having had this hotel highly recommended by colleagues. The history on the walls of this hotel is impressive - but that is as far as it goes. Understandably the entrance area was under renovation but this did not justify the filth in the rooms. Our room had dirty blankets, dirty seat cushion covers, smelly pillow as if unchanged and a bathroom that smelled of urine. The shower curtain had stains and the toilet seat was peeling and unclean. When we complained to the front desk, they suggested giving us another room (this of course does not get rid of the problem which will face the next customer). We asked to speak to the manager who was not available for the weekend. After a lengthy discussion we said we will keep the room but it should be thoroughly cleaned (the other room that we were shown was not any different). We left for dinner and on coming back we found who ever did the cleaning left our room door open! Not just unlocked - OPEN. This was very upsetting and we were back at the front desk - without getting much help. That night the bed bugs feasted on us and we checked out the following morning. This was a nightmare of a valentine weekend at Hotel Alejandro. Never Ever again!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2010

I only stayed here for 1 night on a business trip. The hotel offers basic accommodation in a good location. The hotel looks fairly old and rundown, but is actually well maintained. Rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable with TV, fridge and old-style bathroom. The room I stayed in didn’t have proper curtains to block out the sunlight and the bedding, towels and toiletries are cheap quality, what you would expect from a budget hotel. Service was very good and they offered free Wi-Fi internet on the ground floor.

Overall a good budget hotel in Tacloban.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Alejandro? Share your experiences!