“very nice resort and friendly staff!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sabin Resort Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ormoc
Sabin Resort Hotel
You added Sabin Resort Hotel to your Saves list
Bantigue, Ormoc, Leyte Province, Philippines   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ormoc
Luzon, Philippines
“very nice resort and friendly staff!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

me and my bf had been to many hotels and this Sabin resort is one of the very nice hotels i love the big swimming pool the place is very clean and green, you wont regret on staying there.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Marikina City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

Sabin hotel- a very nice, comfortable place to stay when you were in Ormoc even if its for pleasure or business purposes. Reasonable cost @ 1850 per day. Clean rooms, beddings, comfort room. There is a restaurant that serves acceptable food at a good price. Clean swimming pool even the pool area itself. At night its very cozy, romantic. "Would stay there again without hesitation. I highly recommend Sabin Resort Hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

This hotel has one of the best locations I have every seen. The views from the pool and the restaurant are unbelievable.

The poolside room was comfortable, but the aircon was noisy at night.

The staff at reception were not very helpful when asked for tour information for Ormoc city, and the waitresses in the restaurant were not very attentive.

Breakfast is not included in the room tarif, and is just ok, no more than that.

Fast free wifi is available in the hotel lobby.

The swimming pool is fantastic, and overall, this hotel is good value!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Highland, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

I stayed in that resort for a weekend and I will say, if some one is on a BUDGET that is the place to be. I was staying in CEBU but my friend wanted to go to ormoc to visit her family. So we decided to go to ormoc and went to the first resort we could find. That was the one we got.

The food price is VERY VERY in-expensive but very good food.
We invited her family and some friends around 20 or so people? They gave us 3 tables. We had a Saturday night dinner including drinks and all the nine yards. When I saw the bills? I said to myself. Is this a mistake? that is all I need to say about that. I really dont know about tip there so I just gave him a $1000 pesos bill for tip and the waitress gave me a smile.

The room needs some modification but the price, I have no complaints to say the least.

I am recommended this base on the price and what you get for the price.

• Stayed June 2010
Barnsley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

Impressive swimming pool & grounds, Fantastic veiws over Ormoc Bay & mountains clean good sized rooms with various options of refinement. Good food & pleasant staff. We go every year, if not to stay, just to use the swimming pool.

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Cebu City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

The reason I chose Sabin Hotel to hold our seminar was obviously for its unequaled ambiance in Ormoc city (for now). But much to its regal environment was undoubtedly the worst service I availed in the whole of my summer excapades (April-May 2010) including business trips.

First, the front desk clerks don't care to wear a smile to greet exhausted travelers and guests. They don't seem to be happy catering to simple and doable requests.

Here's a concrete example. I suggested to one of the waiters to please put a "Pls use the other door." sign in the damaged door in the function room we rented. He unabashedly replied, "Aw, bayad ug maguba.". Total idiot and ill-mannered, just like the front desk girls. I prefer to call them girls instead of ladies for the lack of right attitude.

The hotel owners might need a look into this. Their own staff needs to undergo a training on customer service. Or better yet, revamp them. There are a lot of BS HRM gradautes who are more willing to work with dignity and pride. People who value clients. People who are service-oriented.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
bkk-thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

To Sabin Management & Staff,
Good hotel specially the pool but u need to do something about all your rooms as i noticed that they all need some upgrading. We stayed at 1 of your cottages opposite the pool...boring room ambience, no picture frame or some wall decorations, dull color of painting, bathroom was dark some other light bulbs not working, a lot of ants specially outside the front door. Roof was leaking when there's rain. No complimentary drinking water at least. Linens are old & been ripped. If u could pls do something quickly about these all so then it will be a good recommendation to others. Many thanks!
- Restaurant food was good
- Entertainment was good
- Staff service needs to improve as too slow
- Front dest staff needs to be more friendly & appealing
- Upgrade your front dest ambience & the lobby area

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Sabin Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!