“Much Better” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Almere
Fort Lauderdale
“Much Better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Since the time it opened, I stayed at this hotel a number of times during business trips. At the beginning I experienced a number of "hick ups" related to room service, restaurant service and front desk. This time around things were very different. It appears that everything got much better overtime. I have really enjoyed my stay here and I am glad I gave it a second chance. By the way, I saw organized groups using this hotel as a base for their visits to Amsterdam...just "food for thoughts".

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Tonsberg,Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stayed one night at the hotel on a business trip, Hotel was OK nothing else. Good size rooms with bath and separate shower. Good breakfast buffet, did not use the restaurant for dinner. Be careful when buying anything from the vending machines, check the date of the soda etc. i Bought a diet coke that was expired and it did not taste any good, i had to throw it away.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

It wasn't easy getting to the hotel at 10 pm on a monday from the central station in Almere. Trying to find a taxi but no success so it gave me a nice walk in a quite warm Almere. I was afraid the hotel should be closed and no restaurant (having no idea what to expect) but that was far no problem. 24 hour service and a restaurant closing at 11 pm, with bar still open. It is a huge hotel and I learned that most van der valk hotels are.
Van der Valk Almere has a huge restaurant, nice and big lobby, nice bar, a lot of rooms. Rooms are big! I liked it a lot and I have never slept that good, fantastic beds. Fridge and safe in the room, minibar in the korridor. Hotel breakfast is what you expect, good and have a very friendly opening time, from 6.30 to 10.30.
I wish I had more time at the hotel though, didn't have time to check the swimming pool or just be sitting in the lobby for a while.

Room Tip: I do think most rooms have the same big size, odd numbers are looking to a canal on the backside of...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Very nice hotel , rooms large as was the bathroom. Because of the dreadful weather we had while staying we decided to eat in the resturant 3 nights and was very surprised at the good value for money and very nice food. The breakfasts were also excellent with plenty of choice. The only draw back with staying here was that it was a 10 Euro taxi ride from the town if Almere and 50 from Amsterdam but well worth a visit......parking was free as well.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Grafenwohr, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I’ve stayed at a number of hotels in Europe, which usually means little to no room space. However, that is not the case for Van Der Valk Hotel Almere. I am very picky when it comes to hotels but this hotel is awesome! The hotel is CLEAN, spacious, quiet, with a lake out back. The rooms are the exact size shown on the websites. The beds weren't bad, and the sheets were clean without stains.The bathroom were clean! The shower and bathtub is huge enough for two. Their is no door for the shower, so be careful coming out. I didn’t have an issue with the wifi. I didn’t have any problems with noisy neighbors. The cleaning staff did their jobs, nothing was taken from my room. The food was great. Don’t worry they do have a english menu with servers that speak english as well. Breakfast is the same layout that you’ll get at most of the hotels Europe. The bar doesn’t serve cocktails, but they had a nice selection of wine. I stayed here during New Years and the hotel decorations were beautiful. The staff was friendly, helpful, professional, and they speak English. Their is free parking, and spacious enough to fit my Nissan. The hotel is 20 minutes away from Amsterdam. Their is a shopping center maybe 10 minutes, probably less then that. I did see buses in the area, but I can’t tell you anything about it. I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Detmold, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Quiet, clean, extraordinary. We stayed for one day in wellnes suite and were more than satisfied. The weather was cold so we couldn't realy use terrace, but the terrace was also nice and had a beautiful view.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Fareham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We stayed here for two nights as part of a package holiday based around a visit to the Keukenhof gardens, so we didn't specifically choose this Hotel, it was part of the deal. The Hotel is quite new and its surroundings are also new so I think first impressions will improve as the planting becomes established, don't let this put you off. We arrived late afternoon and were booked in by our Tour Manager so I can't comment on the check in procedure. We were given our key card and went to room 113 which overlooked a nice picturesque canal, (some rooms overlook the car park). The room was spacious, clean and comfortable with heating that could be adjusted to personal preference. The bathroom was a very pleasant surprise with a large walk in shower and large bath, best of all it was so clean it sparkled, (very reassuring). Breakfast is taken in the main dining room on the ground floor and has a great selection of hot and cold food from the buffet, you would have to be very fussy not to find something to your liking. We had evening meals in both dining rooms during our stay, (fixed menu on the first night and a "live cooking" buffet on the second). All the food we had was nicely cooked and we found the staff to be excellent, (don't worry if you don't speak Dutch, their English is excellent). All in all we came away very satisfied with this Hotel and would happily return if the opportunity should arise.

Room Tip: If I was going again, I would ask for a room overlooking the canal, but that's only my opinion.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Van Der Valk Hotel Almere? Share your experiences!