“I don't ban places, but now I plan to start” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Tel Aviv
“I don't ban places, but now I plan to start”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I arrived at Metropolitian with a friend hoping for a quick meal in a nice atmosphere, before going to a nearby cinema.
Being vegetarian, I looked for options and there was only one - which I didn't care for.
I did see, however, that the cafe offered a sandwich with vegtables and ham. Trying to accommodate my friend, who was fairly hungry, I asked the waiter whether they could offer me the sandwich with no ham (just a sandwich with vegetables).
The waiter refused, saying that they only offer the meals, as described in the menu.
His tone was not friendly at all and it was a bad experience.
Considering I was asking for less (no ham, means I pay the same for lower costs accured to the cafe...) and was met with such rudeness, I decided never to return (I have been there before for coffee).
This cafe has a nice central location in Frederiksberg... but in fact, since then other friends have also banned this cafe.
Being accommodating to your customers is nice to have - but showing them basic courtesy is a must.

Visited September 2012

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Fun, lively bistro”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I enjoyed this atmospheric bistro. I visited as one of a work party and the food had been pre-ordered, so I don't know what the menu is like, but the meal I had included a beautifully cooked piece of beef (brisket, at a guess) with well-flavoured root vegetables. Service was friendly and efficient and the place was doing brisk business and the atmosphere was lively. There are lots of resturants in this area offering all kinds of cuisines, and of very varying standards. If you are after Danish food served in unpretentious surroundings and at a reasonable price then this would be a good choice.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
DK
“Atmosphere and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The building is an old train station in a car-free area next to a shopping center. On entering, the atmosphere is that of a busy but unpretentious bistro in France. We were welcomed into the noisy, bustling restaurant by a very friendly waitress who found us a more peaceful spot for our dinner.
My friend and I tried their "Moules Frites". She had eaten them in Bretagne but for me it was a first. I was dubious, but it was delicious and my friend pronounced them as good as anything she had eaten in France. It takes a while to eat this dish (it's a generous portion with a lot of mussels to open), but we didn't feel rushed in any way and really enjoyed it with some good bread and white wine.
It is located above an underground station so can be a great place to meet friends who come from different parts of town.
There are tables outside which I imagine are very popular in the summer.

• Visited March 2012