We have just returned from a trip to Copenhagen to celebrate my Dad's 60th Birthday and I am glad to say that the quality of the hotel did not ruin holiday!
I had booked 4 rooms (as there were a few of us) for 3 nights. I will bullet point my review this time as I tend to waffle on which results in an essay!
- Welcoming reception and staff with contemporary decor and furnishings
- Clean and nicely decorated
- Comfy beds and clean!
- Newly rennovated bathroom with nice fittings
- Staff allowed up to 'save' a large table in a seperate section of the breakfast room and decorate with balloons, banners, etc for a breakfast surprise for our Dad
- Nice outdoor patio/courtyard area lit with candles in the evening making it pleasant for that nightcap
- Breakfast, Continental only, which was nice. Bit of a diabetics nightmare though as lots of sweet breads! Also a bit chaotic with mainly rude european guests pushing through but staff very helpful though
- Restaurants and bakeries within walking distance
- Hotel IS located out of the city centre and is walkable for the medium-fit, takes about 30mins. But you can get the Metro which is a 5 min walk around the corner and trains very regular
Not so Good Points
- Rooms at front of hotel quite noisy due to passing traffic. Ear plugs required (luckily for us and the birthday boy had rooms at the back overlooking the residential buildings and hotel courtyard and they were able to move my sister to another room at the back after spending one noisy night at the front!)
- Small lift, only for 2 people with luggage
- Rooms do not have air con. and it was very hot whilst we were there so it's necessary to open all windows wide. (only disadvantage with our room, 404, was that at the time the buildings at the back were being rennovated so the builders on scaffolding drilling at 7am were not welcome!)
- Bathroom toiletries bit basic, no shower gel or body lotion
- Fridge in room was switched on but not cold (i'm sure the hotel would have sorted it out though had we been bothered)
- No free internet access, 3kr a minute
- Not for you if you ant to go out on a serious pub crawl and stagger back. You need to be right in the city centre for that as this hotel is in a residential area. But the lack of stag & hen do's is much more appreciated!
But all in all, we were very impressed and we had a fantastic as Copenhagen is such a beautiful city. We have stayed in many hotels, usually 4star and above. This is a 3star but comes very close to the next grade up. Definitely recommended. We are due to go back again in Feb/March next year to watch my sister sing at the new Opers House and we will think about stopping here again. Enjoy!
- Also Known As:
- Avenue Hotel Copenhagen Denmark
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Avenue is an up-to-the-minute, welcoming boutique hotel situated in the heart of Copenhagen. Whether your stay is for business or pleasure, the modernity of the interior decoration and furnishings combined with the very special personal touch make you feel comfortable and at home. Enjoy the cozy lounge or charming patio or take a ride on one of the popular Avenue bikes. Our friendly team is always there to make your visit a memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Fastbooking, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Venere and Travelocity so you can book your Avenue Hotel Copenhagen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.