I agree with previous reviewers - the freshly cooked breakfasts with local ingredients are a treat, the couple who run the B&B are the most hospitable and helpful you can imagine. There's fresh milk in the communal fridge for your tea and the rooms and bathrooms are immaculate, as pictured on the website. Very comfortable beds and beautiful antique furniture. My only one very small comment is that it would be nice if the guest living room were more comfortable and welcoming. The funiture in there - in the words of another reviewer I agreed with - did not encourage relaxing. However such a communal space is not by any means normally found in B&Bs so that's only a tiny point. For the price of a room (around £100) this is a non-issue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning 5 star boutique B&B in Ashford-in-the-Water, arguably the prettiest village in the Peak District National Park. Beautiful riverside location, great local produce breakfast, quality dining a stroll away and stunning walks from the front door. 10 minutes from Chatsworth House, 5 minutes from Haddon Hall and at the start of the Monsal Trail. Spend lazy afternoons sitting by the river feeding the trout, or come and walk the trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your River Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Cottage Hotel Ashford-In-The-Water
- River Cottage Peak District National Park/Ashford-In-The-Water, UK