Myself and my wife stayed here for 2 x nights on a KGB deal and it really was an amazing deal. We both enjoyed an exceptional 3 course meal including a reasonable bottle of C-S\Merlot, all in for £48.00. The following night we ate at a pub in Castleton, we had one drink each and 2 courses of very average food and coincidentally also paid £48.00. There was NO comparison between the 2 meals, our advice would be to eat at the Samuel Fox during your stay. The cooked breakfast was also superb, the best I have ever had.
There is a very strong focus on Customer Service at The S.F, unfussy but ensuring you had everything you needed from complimentary chocolates\sherry to the loan of a walking map.
We will definitely be staying there again, however we would ask for a room at the rear which is just our personal preference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Samuel Fox Country Inn is situated in the pretty village of Bradwell in the heart of the Hope Valley in Derbyshire's peak District National park and offers breathtaking views from the bar and restaurant. The building underwent a full refurbishment in July 2008 and is modern and stylish while still managaing to retain its rustic charm. All of its rooms are delux double rooms with en-suite bathrooms; they have at least 26 inch flat screen televisions;internet access and coffee and tea facilities. In October 2012 the Inn was acquired by new manager and head chef, James Duckett in his first pub venture after an early career in the kitchens of fine dining restaurants in the UK, France, Netherlands and Australia and, more recently running his own restaurants in Devon and Andalucia. James is passionate about food and uses, wherever possible, good locally sourced, seasonal ingredients to create mouthwatering dishes, for his 'blackboard' bar snacks and a la carte lunch and dinner menus alike. With two AA rosettes, fine food is a special feature of the Samuel Fox. However, there's also a very warm welcome awaiting those wishing to just enjoy a drink in comfortable and convivial surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Samuel Fox Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Samuel Fox Country Hotel Bradwell
- Samuel Fox Country Inn Bradwell, Peak District National Park