“Superb find” 5 of 5 stars

Description: Postcode: S33 7ZA Tel: 01433 670268
Description: Postcode: S33 7ZA Tel: 01433 670268
“Superb find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

We visited the Rambler public house and had the most wonderful experience. The couple that run the public house are admirable hosts and could not do enough for us. The food was outstanding. The home made pie was the best pie I have ever had and the fish and chips were also superb. Plenty of choice of cask ale. I recommend the golden pippin. The rooms are immaculately clean and the service is wonderful. We will be back and highly recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Knebworth, United Kingdom
“Supper and beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Good pub food, with a reasonable menu and specials board at a regular price. Reasonable selection of beers. Good service.

Visited August 2012
suffolk
“Great rooms but breakfast needs revision.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I was very pleased with the rooms at this hotel and marked them highly for taste, comfort and accomodation to our needs (fitting a family of six into two rooms). The staff were hugely friendly and the whole style of the pub relaxed, warm, clean and helpful. I was all set to give them the full five stars but I'm marking them down two stars because of breakfast. If they'd been a fairly cheap B&B I wouldn't complain but for the price we paid (over £180 for two rooms with no drinks or other meals) I would expect something better. It's time to move on, Ramblers. We live in an age of vegans and vegetarians, people with cholesterol, and high blood pressure, people with a concern for their health or for animal welfare, or who simply don't want to start the day stuffing their face with animal fats and highly sugary processed carbs (put me in the last category). In other words, offering nothing for breakfast except full English or bits thereof, plus cereals, no longer counts as good service. Our friends in a B&B down the road were given stewed fruit and Staffordshire oatcakes. That would have been nice. Cooking a kipper is as simple as boiling a jug of water. Would yogurt be too much to ask? And how about Marmite instead of, as the waitress described the choice when I asked her for some, 'different coloured jams'. And, at that price, a few decent newspapers scattered around would have been welcome. It's possible some other options were available, but unmentioned. Perhaps the waitresses might at least be trained to suggest an alternative of an omelette or scrambled eggs without someone having to probe for them. By the way, I appreciate a high proportion of the breakfasters will be walkers or climbers who want to stock up on a heavy start to the day (not that protein is the best answer) - but keeping a few alternatives in the freezer and having them offered on a printed menu wouldn't hurt, surely?

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Lovely pint... Or two”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Spent last night sat outside the Ramblers on my first visit to Edale in quite some years. Made it my aim to take my Brother and Dad to this pub having fond memories of it. They both had 3 pints of the Traditional Cider while I opted for 3 pints of the Copper Dragon they had on. We all really enjoyed the drinks, shame there wasn't slightly more choice. I saw on the blackboards there were more ales but they must've been off for the night. Pricing was fair and inline with today's market. The pint of ale and 2 pints of Cider was £10.50 which I have no arguments with.
Service was quick and with a smile and conversation. Great looking place inside and out, we had a great night catching up with each other in their great atmosphere.
A fondly remembered pub, living up to my memories of it.

london
“Good local country pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Great location, service was fast. Quite busy with tourists / hikers but spent the night outside. Some had the food which was good to average. Nice selection of beers. Overal not outstanding but perfectly adequate for the location

Visited August 2012