“fantastic hotel and great staff” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Lithos by Spyros & Flora to your Saves list
Lithos by Spyros & Flora
Agios Ioannis, Agios Ioannis Diakoftis 84600, Greece   |
“fantastic hotel and great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed in Lithos hotel for almost a week and we loved every single day.
Marina and Marios are amazing and very helpful and so is Silvia:o) The had great tips for us. We had a rental car and went to all the other amazing beaches.
The hotel is very close to the beach, the rooms are very clean and everything is new!
The rooftop bar and pool are lovely. We will definitely be back next year! Keep up your great work! Sas efharistoume para poly!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Greek first
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I don't believe there are enough words of praise I can write for this hotel, and nothing will be able to create the image of what kind of stay we had at Lithos. If you are thinking about staying here, please read my review and look at the pictures. I have been 100% honest and the pictures are not edited at all.

I am very fussy and particular with hotels (as everyone is in their own way), and I must say I was blown away with the service that was provided during our stay, along with the cleanliness and presentation of the entire site. Throughout our stay, there were not only couples but people with young families, older couples, groups of friends etc which showed the hotel can cater for all, without reducing its quality of service.

The site is intimate and contained, with nothing in its way of taking in the beautiful landscape around. There are around 15 apartments/rooms and are very nicely laid out (no one is on top of each other). The pool is a perfect size for the site, along with having a number of sun loungers and sun chairs to relax on. The pool bar is perfectly set out, and again is just the right size. There is also parking at the rear of the hotel.

We chose the Deluxe Sea View Apartment for our stay - and what a good choice it was! Our room was fully equipped with a kitchen (sink/hob/kettle/crockery/fridge-freezer etc), along with good size shower room, king size bed, sofa, and ample space to move around. We found it to be in immaculate condition throughout our entire stay. We had a balcony (easily able to seat 4 people and a table on comfortably) which looked straight out to the sea and across the town. See the pictures for exactly what it looked like!

The owners and staff at the hotel go over and above "good customer service". Sylvia, the wonderful lady who manned the bar whilst we were there, was an absolute delight. She would bring glasses iced bottled water to our sun loungers every day and continue to refill them (was an added touch!). She, along with Marius and Marena (owners) and all other staff were lovely and could not have done enough for us. As soon as we arrived, they informed us of places to go, beaches to see, bars to try, places to eat, what supermarket to shop from etc. Marius is one of the most delightful men I have ever met, and will remain to be our friend and contact for our trips out to Mykonos from now on.

We stayed during the first week of June, after booking directly through the hotels website a few months beforehand. Prices were very reasonable at a glance and incurred no hidden charges.
It was a 15 minute drive from the airport (once we found the right way to go!!) and was very well located in Ayios Ioannis. Mykonos town centre is a 10 minute drive away from the hotel.

Mykonos itself if a rare beauty in the Med and I hope it stays that way for a long time. A real mix of people from all over the world, where for once the English were in the minority and it was lovely! We fell in love with the place and are hoping to hold our wedding out there too! Every person we came across was helpful, kind and willing to assist you the best they could. Nothing like any other part of Europe I have been to. Just like the hotel, you will find tourists of all age groups, pleasure, business, R&R etc. along with seeing the Greeks love the place just as much as those coming to visit.

Overall, I recommend this hotel not only to couples, but to anyone of any age or any family size as I can assure you - you will be catered for and looked after just as well as we were.

P.S. Marius, I know you are reading this - I hope you got the key back I accidentally ran off with! I think that showed we didn't want to leave!

Room Tip: Deluxe Sea View Apartment. Stunning views to wake up to each morning, and a large balcony for you to...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My girlfriend and I have just returned from Mykonos. I have had to sign up to trip advisor for the 1st time as we have such an amazing experience at LITHOS. We would say that it's probably the best holiday we have had.
The hotel is beautiful..huge rooms very tastefully furnished
Balcony View of the sea are breathtaking
Hotel bar is great
The hotel is only 10 mins from the town which is easily accessed by the shuttle bus and there is easy access to all the amazing beaches in Mykonos.
What really made our stay special was the service, Marios and Mariana were amazing. We felt very welcome and at home. They truly went out of the way to make our stay perfect!
I would highly recommend this hotel and will defiantly be going back to stay as it just couldn't be beaten!
As a result of our great trip my parents have booked up to stay in Lithos also!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have just returned from my stay at the lithos hotel with my daughter .It is beautiful and has the most wonderful views . The rooms are spotless as is the rest of the hotel , but most of all it is the warm welcome from Mario marina and the rest of the team . They can't do enough for you . If you want a relaxing holiday in a truly magical place then the lithos hotel is for you. Would recommend to anybody , and would love to return with my husband next year .

• Stayed June 2013
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This hotel was incredible!!!! I can't say enough good things about Lithos!

The hotel itself is beautiful, located a short 1 minute walk to a beach. The rooms are lovely and spotless. The pool area is stunning! The drinks were delicious!

But what really makes the hotel so amazing is the owners! Marios and his wife are the loveliest people and truly made our stay in Mykonos. They went out of their way to make sure we had a great time. They organized day trips, gave us a lift to a beach, organized ATVs for us, provided complimentary drinks and were just truly outstanding.

We had the best time at Lithos!! We were so sad to leave and will definitely return! We will also tell all our friends and family to go to lithos, to get a wonderful, warm, friendly outstanding experience in Mykonos!!

- Chelsea, Canada

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

we stayed here for a week and really couldnt fault anything about it. the room was large beautifully furnished and so spotless. it was cleaned daily. i have never stayed in such a clean hotel and the communal areas of the hotel were also spotless. Mario and his wife Marina plus the rest of their team really cant do enough to make sure your stay is relaxing and comfortable.
The location of the hotel is good near resturants and a small beach and on the bus route into town.
Food at the bar a high standard and reasonable prices.

• Stayed May 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

This quaint new establishment has great rooms and amenities. Marina met us at the port to pick us up. It's a 15min ride to the hotel. She gave us all the information we needed. The room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. There was a kitchenette included which made it very convenient. The local bus stops right outside the hotel and it's about a 10min ride to the town. Marios and his wife Marina run this great place and they are very helpful, friendly and really made our stay memorable. I left my sunglasses at the reception desk just before I left and Marios did everything possible to ensure that I got it back. He helped to send it to me while I was in Santorini. I am so grateful.

This is a very nice hotel with very good people.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Lithos by Spyros & Flora? Share your experiences!