The hotel is situated in a hillside and the view is amazing. The infinity saltwater pool was a big plus, it was big and clean. The beach on the other hand was not so much to cheer for. It is a private beach but its very small and rocky. The beach and pool beds are included and you get to borrow a towel each day but you need to get up early to reserve them.
Because of the hotel location there is a lot of stairs which gives you great exercise if you have a room on the upper hill. The breakfast restaurant and the pool are situated in the lower parts of the hotel area and the reception and main road is situated on the upper level. The hotel offers free rides with a club car around the hotel if you like but be aware of long waiting time for this.
The biggest downside with this hotel which gave us a poor first impression was the reception staff which was not service minded at all. We had some problems with our room and when we explained that to them they did not seem to care at all and was very unfriendly. Also upon arrival we did not get any proper welcome and was just given a form to fill in all our credit information and thats it, no happy faces here. The restaurant and buggy staff was friendly though.
Be aware: They count every room as a balcony room even though some rooms have garden terraces which does not have as good view as balcony rooms and are situated in a basement basically.
Also the hotel is situated in a rather remote area with only one restaurant and one very small supermarket nearby. If you want to go to Mykonos Town though there was a bus stop pretty close to the hotel.
Overall this is a nice hotel with great location if you like a quiet and relaxing vacation. This is not a hotel suited for children. Its not a hotel for people who likes to go party and enjoy a nightlife either. Mainly because of the unfriendly staff I do not think we will come back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Saint John Hotel Resort is located on one of the finest spots on Mykonos Island, in the picturesque area of Agios Ioannis and spans across 20,000 sq. m of land. The resort has been specially created for travelers who demand only the best for their vacation or business trip. Catering to the comfort, convenience and leisure of its guests, the Saint John Mykonos Hotel Resort offers a wide variety of exceptional hotel facilities and services, including a 200-meter long private beach, a spa, a tennis court, swimming pools, restaurants, bars, conference halls and outdoor reception areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, T4B, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Saint John Hotel Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint John Hotel Villas And Spa
- Saint John Hotel Villas Agios Ioannis
- Saint John Resort
- Saint John Hotel Villas & Spa Mykonos, Greece