My husband and I stayed at the Mykonos Grand for 4 nights in August. Prior to arrival we had a VERY stressful day starting with an awful time in Istanbul airport with 2 airplanes being broken on us. We eventually made it to the Mykonos grand 12 hours later and with our luggage lost.
On arrival in Mykonos airport our driver (can’t remember his name sorry) was lovely and helped with registering our bags missing before taking us to the hotel. Arriving at the hotel it was spectacular! The view was incredible and the staff very welcoming which was much appreciated.
We were greeted with a glass of sparkling, shown a map of the island and were given advice about activities on Mykonos. We were then shown around the hotel and to our room. We booked an Ocean View Room which was of a decent size and had a nice bathroom. It included a small balcony with a beautiful view.
The hotel is located at Agios Ioannis a short drive from the Mykonos town centre. The hotel offers a shuttle service in the evening and there is a bus stop a short walk from the hotel. The bus service runs fairly infrequently particularly in the morning (every hour in the morning, half hourly in the afternoon) so if you wish to explore the island I would highly recommend hiring either a scooter or car. We hired a car, which the hotel facilitated for us, and it was worth it to see the other spectacular beaches.
The facilities at the hotel were good with a beautiful large pool, private beach with helpful attendants and the bar made some of the best cocktails going. We ate breakfast at the hotel daily and there was always a good variety of delicious food with different offerings each day.
Finally the staff at the hotel were fantastic and the highlight of the stay – always friendly and smiling and they were especially helpful with the constant phone calls to the airline while trying to find our bags! We wish to extend our sincere gratitude for their help.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mykonos Grand is a unique resort on Mykonos, on one of the island’s most famous beaches Ayios Yiannis known for the glorious sunsets. The resort’s Cycladic architecture of cube shaped whitewashed buildings linked by pathways and terraces is combined with classic interior ambience. The hotel offers 100 bedrooms and suites including Superior rooms and luxurious Suites with private pools. The resort’s facilities include an outstanding spa, tennis and squash courts, an impressive stone-built amphitheatre for inspiring yoga sessions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotel.de, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mykonos Grand Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mykonos Grand Hotel And Resort
- Mykonos Grand Hotel Agios Ioannis
- Mykonos Grand Resort
- Grand Hotel Mykonos
- Mykonos Grand Hotel & Resort Greece