Stayed at Kavos recently during a trip to Greece which included stops in Athens, Santorini, Mykonos, and of course Naxos. Kavos was simply the best hotel I stayed in during the trip.
Accommodation: The suite was absolutely lovely, with a raised sleeping platform and a very comfortable and firm bed (good as I have back problems). The bathroom was well appointed with a great walk in shower with excellent water pressure. Seating area was good and fairly spacious. The suite included a small kitchen, so it would be possible to self-cater on a limited basis if desired. Outdoors, there is a nice patio area with comfortable chairs and ocean view. The garden surrounding this is gorgeous and relaxing there was very peaceful. The attention to detail in the room was excellent - everything was nicely decorated and fresh flowers were a welcome touch.
Location: Kavos is located about 15 minutes walk from the village of Agios Prokopios. You can either walk along relatively quiet country lanes, or down to the beach and then along the coast. If you're looking for beach front lodgings, this property may not be for you. However, the pool area is wonderful, with sun loungers, seating areas, and a hammock, and pool side bar, so I found I didn't particularly want to move from there!
Food: The restaurant is great, with very good nightly specials. Chef Manos was very accommodating and went out of his way to make sure you enjoyed the food. Reasonably priced, especially when compared to Santorini and Mykonos!
Staff: Saving the best for last, I have to say that the staff at Kavos totally made my stay. As a solo traveller, sometimes it can get a bit lonely, but the owner Barbara, and Sarah and Manos (apologies if I've spelled his name incorrectly) were so genuinely friendly and chatty that I felt more as if I was staying at the house of friends than an impersonal hotel. As well, nothing is too much trouble and Barbara in particular was extremely helpful with ferry tickets, even going out of her way to pick them up for me in Naxos town!
Summary: excellent hotel with amazingly welcoming staff. During my stay, there were families with small children, and couples and singles of all ages, so all are welcome and the vibe was very friendly. If you're looking for a party spot, this isn't it, but if you're looking for a beautiful and relaxing spot to either just chill, or a base from which to explore Naxos, this is it. Highly recommended.
- Also Known As:
- Kavos Hotel Agios Prokopios
- Naxos Hotel Kavos Agios Prokopios
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kavos Naxos is a harmonious group of traditional Cycladic-style villas, apartments and studio suites set in mature Mediterranean gardens, with great sea views to the surrounding islands and nearby beach of Agios Prokopios. It offers the kind of tranquility and relaxation which is becoming increasingly difficult to find. High standards, plus friendly and efficient service from a caring team of staff ensure you have a satisfying stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Naxos Hotel Kavos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.