“Great family hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Agios Prokopios
Surrey, United Kingdom
“Great family hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We have recently come back from a 6 night stay in this hotel & wanted to write a review to say how much we enjoyed our stay. When booking this hotel we were very nearly put off by a negative review about 'thieves'. Don't be. This is one of the safest hotels we have ever stayed in & the staff could not be more helpful. We had iPads, iPhones, DVD players etc & did not lock them away in the day.
The location is great. Very short walk to the shops, restaurants & beach. We had a 2 bedroom apartment overlooking the pool which was decorated beautifully & the power of the shower is one of the best I have ever known in a hotel.
The pool is great, especially with the free pool towels & small kiddy pool. Our 3 & 5 year old daughters also loved the little farm behind the hotel.
We would highly recommend this hotel for a family holiday.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Vaggelis, Effie and staff are a delight. Our room was spotless, bedding and fluffy white towels changed every day, quiet and efficient air co. Good breakfast. The pool was good. The location of the hotel is perfect, quiet enough if you want it and a very short walk to the most beautiful, beach on Naxos, And a choice of a few very good restaurants and bars, What more do you want. Very good value. If I'm every lucky enough to go back to Naxos I will definitely be staying at this hotel.

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Thanks to Vangelis, Effi and their staff to make our stay so pleasant and for being so helpful.
This hotel is a very nice place, in a calm area of Agios Prokopios. Great swimming pool and spacious pool area. Very nice rooms with private balcony. Excellent room service. Good breakfast.
Easy going atmosphere.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice. But try to get one upstairs.
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

A great position, rooms are new, very comfortable, spotless and had a balcony, ours overlooking a great pool area. We were recommended to come here by a friend who has been visiting here for many years and says it is the best hotel and the best value in Naxos.

Room Tip: The apartment was great, big and roomy.
Lennox Head, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Terrible experience at this hotel!!! I have previously written a review for this hotel warning future guests that they are thieves but it has been removed from their page...so here I am again!!!
You need to be told!
The hotel itself was pleasant, and good value for money, as well as in a great location! But whilst at the beach, my wet swimming costume (hanging in the bathroom drying) and my ipod (locked in my suitcase) were stolen!!! When we approached the owner at reception we were advised, they have a safe, which they do, but it was also in a locked suitcase which I felt at the time was safer! Obviously not!! The owner got very heated and abusive towards us, with no solution offered I was told it was my fault. Family run business is it?? Well then they are all in on the scam, which i'm sure they do to most people, but they don't realise until they have left!!
Left that island with a very bitter taste! Avoid this thieving hotel if you can!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Agios_ProkopiosHotel, Ιδιοκτήτης at Agios Prokopios Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Hello I am the owner of Agios Prokopios Hotel

We are really sorry for the below review ! We would like to inform you that this situation as I can remember happened in September 2010 and not September 2013
They were in the hotel two young people for 5 nights , the last day before they depart from the hotel it was time to pay the whole ammount for their stay !Then they told us that they are very upset because the last two days of their stay they realised that they had missing from the room some private things like their mobile phone and their swimming bath !
So direct we call the staff to come to the reception to ask them about this situation but they say that they have no idea and they also told us to open their private room to chearch with the quests their things !We didn't do that because the quests said also that was not nessessary because they believed that they will definately had hide the things somewhere else !
Then we say to them why you didn't use the safe deposit box that there is in the room ? They answer that they thought that having them in their suitcases locked was safe enough !
Again we told them why you didn't mentioned this so serious thing direct to the reception and they waited so long ? And they answer that understood that that moment !
We also suggest to the quests if they like to call the police to check the matter and they told us that they have no time for this because they had to catch the ferry in the next couple of minutes
Then we told them to give us their stolen phone number to call it to see where this might be ringing ! Again they told us that they didn't remember the number because was new one !!After all these questions we told them what they want from us to do about that and their straight answer was that they don't accept to pay the bill of the room at all because of the stolen things !
We of course told them that this can not happened and they had to pay the bill because we couldn't accept that the amount of the total bill was the amount that the fake stolen things cost !
We really didn't believe from the begin that they say the truth !
They told us that if they pay the bill of their stay they will make a bad review for our hotel at the Trip Advisor ! After this threatten we told them that they can write whatever they like if they have any evidence from all this things that they say !
We are really sorry that the Trip Advisor supposrt team about reviews publish this fake review with so many bad thigs about our hotel that only can spoil our reputation without having any evidence about this matter !
We can accept all the reviews about our hotel even if they are good or bad because we believe that all kind of reviews can make us better for our business but we can not accept any kind of fake review !
California City, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I have stayed many other hotels around Greek islands of the same value and this one for me was the most uncomfortable. This is not anything against the owners of the hotel because I know they have the best intentions. For one thing, the rooms are not nicely decorated. Things in the room are either broke, or breaking. Appliances made awful noise I had to use ear plugs at night. My bed was not comfortable. My view was the backyard. Breakfast was nothing to be proud of. Front desk mostly was uninterested and unmotivated to help and suggest options for sightseeing. I say this because I know how I have been hunted by other front desk people(who I have made friends with) in other hotels to makes sure I am having the ultimate pleasure on their islands. I did not have a good time in this hotel and I did not enjoy my stay and I will not return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Montréal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We have been going here for some twelve years and it is like coming home every time. The owners are very friendly and go out of their way to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Housekeeping is very good, beach towels and umbrellas provided free of charge. Breakfast is optional and there is a small supermarket nearby. Other services in the village are car and motorcycle rental, a laundromat, good access to bus service and within walking distance to the beach. Restaurants and snack bars are also close by. Too bad we could only stay a few days, but we are already looking forward to next year.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Agios Prokopios Hotel? Share your experiences!