“excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Agios Stefanos
Singapore, Singapore
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

This was one of the best hotels we stayed in Greece. We were there for 2 nights in late Oct, and were deciding between this hotel and one near the beach in the south. Really glad we picked this one as the beach in the south was quite deserted during this time. Thasos, the manager was really friendly and helpful. He gave great recommendations on where to eat and what to do around the island. We were upgraded to a family room with a big Jacuzzi pool. The view from our room was awesome, with view of the bay and the town. Breakfast spread was excellent, with different local specialty. we didn't use the pool as it was too cold, but sitting by the pool and watching the sunset was quite amazing.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
RocabellaMykonos, Owner at Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Dear misty993,

Wow! Thank you for this amazing review!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay with us!
I am more than happy to know that your stay with us was all it could have been!
It is with great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed our premises and the hospitality that our team offered!
When a guest becomes part of our family we are so excited! We are happy to know that we deliver a good level of Greek hospitality. It is what we learned over the years from our families to offer from our hearts.
I am pleased to hear that your contact with all the staff was memorable and I will be sure to thank him personally for this.
Please feel free to contact me directly so that we may personally take care of you and your next stay with us.
Once again thank you for this amazing review!!!!
Be sure that we will keep offering the authentic Greek hospitality to all of our friends.
So, its sure not good bye but sees you soon…

P.S. Feel free to post any photos from your stay with us on our official face book page!

Georgios Kalfopoulos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in late October 2013 during our honeymoon. After lots of research, I picked this hotel that has so much raving reviews on Tripadvisor. Boy, am I grateful to all the reviewers who provided such excellent details here. When we arrived via taxi (cheaper to get a taxi from the airport @ 15 euros than getting a hotel shuttle which is 20 euros), we were greeted immediately by someone who picked up our luggages, and another receptionist handed us 2 glasses of champagne. They swiftly checked us in and gave us a quick overview of the town as well as some recommendations for dining and activities. We got there during the low season, so we felt like we had the hotel to ourselves. The shuttle was still running (even though the website said it would stop the hotel's shuttle service starting Oct 15th) 8 shifts to town starting at 11am, then 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 7pm, 8pm, 9pm, and 10pm. The return trip from town is at 15min past each of the time slot above. All of the service personnel were so friendly and nice. The staff presented a delicious chocolate fondu right after we arrived in our room. They also provide bottles of water for free in the fridge and at the hotel lobby. The breakfast is one of the highlights with lots of traditional Greek food items which we just LOVED! We had one of the oceanview terrace with a jacuzzi. The only complaint I had was that the jacuzzi was set to a lukewarm 35 degree C by the hotel staff out of safety concerns, but watching the sunset in the jacuzzi is priceless! Just a note that a general guideline to travel to Mykonos is do so before Oct 15th. We found that many of the highly rated restaurants we wanted to try were closed until the following spring/summer after Oct 15th.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear funlover4ever,

I am more than happy to know that your stay with us was all it could have been!
Although, I am really sorry for the cons you are mentioning. Be sure that we will look into them and ask our maintenance team to look over on how we could correct the hot tub issue immediately as your opinion is very important to us!

Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I actually stayed in this hotel last July and should have posted this up some time ago! It's a fantastic place!

On arrival we were upgraded to the honeymoon suite - it has a huge terrace, jacuzzi and views across the bay. The staff couldn't be more helpful, we were treated to cold towels and drinks round the pool and offered free late check out on our last night. The treats left in our room were also a lovely touch.

It's a really relaxing hotel, everyone seems to dawdle over breakfast in the shade next to the pool then finally move the sunbeds about 11-12 - no need to ever save sunbeds here!

The hotel is a short drive to Mykonos town (shuttle service offered). There are hardly any taxis in Mykonos so it's best to get the last shuttle back to the hotel unless you want to wait around for a few hours. It would be great if the shuttle came back to the hotel a bit later.

I would recommend hiring a car from Mykonos town and exploring some of the beaches. We liked Fokos beach (deserted with a delicious taverna).

Really enjoyed our stay and would love to return!

Room Tip: Go for the honeymoon suite! Biggest terrace and it's on the roof
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LuLuBrighton,

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This was our best hotel stay during our trip to Greece. The view was superb! Services were first class. Breakfast was fantastic. The welcome and farewell surprises, and the little notes they left on the bed made us feel so warmth and special.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear lemon_please,

NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

The reviews are not wrong, this hotel is hands down, an awesome place to stay. The hotel is a bit away from the main city, but it is well appreciated. The views from all over the hotel are amazing. When we checked in, we were great by a friendly staff, champagne, and an upgrade. We had a private jacuzzi and sitting area with some awesome views. The hotel is very modern, and is great to just wander around and explore. The driver for the hotel is also great, picked us up from the ferry, and drove us around town. Every time we went back to our room, we were surprised with something else, chocolate, champagne, etc. Great touch. The breakfast is amazing. There is so much food and it is all verrrry good. The service staff at breakfast was also great. We ate lunch at the hotel one day and the food for lunch was also awesome. Our waiter was very friendly and made some great recommendations. When we were leaving, we wished we had planned more days on Mykonos, this hotel was that great.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear njtraveler156,

Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I think all previous reviews have said all that needs to be said about this fantastic hotel,
The meals were great and exceptionally good value. All of the staff were professional and hard working and friendly.
The only thing that I can say was missing were hand rails on the stairs. To keep within the hotel theme rope rails would look good . I think I am getting old,! Thanks to everyone at the rocabella.

Room Tip: All rooms seem good We had a out door jacuzzi .
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sue394,

KENT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have to admit that I almost did not do this review as it means the rest of the world will now know just how good it is !!! We are lucky enough to go away a couple of times a year and so have been to many many hotels , this was by far the most relaxing , comfortable stay we have had .
The staff are just amazing , rooms cleaned every day , great views , transfer service to town , the list is endless .
Small beach and taverners within a 10 min walk (downhill ) slightly longer on way back !!
I would recommend evening meals in the local village and main town as my one and only concern was with the hotel menu which did not change .If the menu had been more extensive and changed I doubt we would ever have left The Rocabella !!
My thanks to the staff who made our stay quite simply amazing !! I have never seen so many guests in tears as they had to leave !!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear lowlight6,

Georgios Kalfopoulos

Been to Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA? Share your experiences!