“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 9 hotels in Agios Stefanos
Brisbane, Australia
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Had a fantastic view from room over bay. Rooms were very comfortable,& breakfast was a treat. Restaurant served sensational meals & staff were very friendly & helpful. Would recommend to hire a quad bike or some mode of transport to have easy access to trips around Island & to visit town centre. Would love to visit again some day.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RocabellaMykonos, Owner at Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Dear Kev F,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay with us!
I am more than happy to know that your stay with us was all it could have been!
It is with great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the hospitality that our team offered!
When a guest becomes part of our family we are so excited! We are happy to know that we deliver a good level of Greek hospitality. It is what we learned over the years from our families to offer from our hearts.
I am pleased to hear that your contact with all the team was memorable and I will be sure to thank them personally for this.
I am really sorry for the cons you are mentioning. Be sure that we will look into them and correct them immediately as your opinion is very important to us !
Please feel free to contact me directly so that we may personally take care of you and your next stay with us.
Once again thank you for this amazing review!!!!
Be sure that we will keep offering the authentic Greek hospitality to all of our friends.
So, its sure not good bye but sees you soon…

P.S. Feel free to post any photos from your stay with us on our official face book page!

600 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Greek first
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Outstanding service, great location, delicious food and spectacular views!
Enough cannot be said about the staff at the Rocabella Mykonos from Irene the reservations manager and her wonderful staff to the friendly and professional food staff, to the informative and helpful shuttle driver. It is very obvious that the entire management staff work well together as a team and put the guests first as they did to accommodate our every need. Their daily shuttle service to and from the center of town was so convenient as well as the staff also arranging our moped rentals.The Rocabella at Mykonos was such a pleasing sight with its all white exterior and interior. We stayed in a deluxe sea view room with spa. The outside stone patio featured a hot tub surrounded by lanterns that were lit every night upon our arrival back to the hotel from dinner. An upper stone patio with day beds which looked out upon the harbor and the beautiful Aegean Sea was also part of our living space. It was very hard to leave the comforts of our room at the Rocabella to explore the island! The location was great with its spectacular views especially while eating breakfast at the poolside dining area and bar. Breakfast was a feast with all kinds of homemade jams, preserves as well as eggs, bacon....The meze, particularly the fava bean dip, was the best we tasted in all Greece. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Rocabella and would definitely return. The LaBella's

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear LaBella’s,
I am more than happy to know that your stay with us was all it could have been!
I am pleased to hear that your contact with Irene and all the team was memorable and I will be sure to thank them personally for this.
Once again thank you for this amazing review!!!!

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We had the best time at Rocabella Hotel. The hotel, pool, bedrooms and view were stunning and the staff couldn't do enough for their guests. Champagne & chocolate fondue on arrival and little treats left on the pillow each night. Thanks to the hotel staff for all their recommendations on places to visit and for making our stay so special. The breakfasts were a real treat with special of the day including waffles, pancakes, french toast plus all the other greek pastries, smoothies, yoghurts and more, served by the best guys!!

Also a big thanks to Alex for taking us into town every night with free shuttle service to and from the hotel. We were overwhelmed by the hospitality of the staff and felt that when we left we were saying goodbye to best friends. We would certainly return as soon as we can!!

This place is very very special!!

Dear max_ropo,
I am more than happy to know that your stay with us was all it could have been!
I am pleased to hear that your contact with Alex and all the team was memorable and I will be sure to thank them personally for this.

Zürich, Schweiz
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We have been there 2 years ago and exactly today (Oct. 2nd 2011) I proposed to my wife on the balcony @Rocabella :) We are always thinking back of our great time we had at Rocabella and are so looking forward to come back. The service was really simply perfect, the breakfast, our room, the whole style of the hotel and the atmosphere itself were just great. Without a doubt, this place is more than stunning!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
RocabellaMykonos, Owner at Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear AlexTysl,

Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I really loved this hotel ! staff were all amazing and very kind . Every time you go out to the beach or explore the island you find a new lovely suprise in your room like candles and wine that makes everything so romantic , you can also have shuttles from the hotel to the town vice versa and it's very close to an amazing beach. I truly think this is the best hotel I've ever been at not because of the facilities but becuase of the accomodation and the wonderful people who works there. Just came back to my country yesterday and already counting my days to be back there.

Dear Yoav R,

bucks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

A year on from our first visit to the Rocabella, we returned - to the same warm welcome from Elias, Chrysa, Maria and Irene (in strict order of our greeting) as before. What a pleasure to come back to such a friendly place.
Are there changes ?- sure, but for the better (if that is possible). A tie-up with ERGON (a Greek deli/restaurant company apparently set up by the winner of the Greek TV version of BBC's Masterchef programme) has resulted in a much longer and more varied menu. The quality of the resulting food is absolutely first-class, thanks to a highly imaginative chef; and just incidentally, a tour of the many restaurants in Mykonos town showed us that the Rocabella offering represents terrific value. My wife's favourite was the sea bass - two huge fillets on a bed of (I think) chard combined with some very interesting sauces. I just loved the fava beans with medallions of roast pork - and that was only a starter. There is a fabulous risotto with chunks of delicious lamb. The breakfasts are still a feature, but now with more of a Greek flavour; the little special tit-bits - crepes, waffles and the rest - remain and are still slid quietly on to the table as you consume your fresh fruit, yoghurt, honey, nuts, etc, etc.
The hotel itself is still the same spotless, elegant, comfortable hostelry it always was and the rooms are impeccable. The nice little touches - a never-ending supply of iced water, juices, chilled facecloths as you sit around the pool - are still there and much appreciated.
This is a very very special hotel - we shall return! - again and again, we hope
PS Maria can fix a very nice guided tour of the antiquities at Delos, just across the water, for you!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
RocabellaMykonos, Owner at Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear Hoffbucks,
It is very nice to have you again with us!!!!!!
Hopefully next year too in one of our hotels (why not to try Santorini??)

Basel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

What a nice boutique hotel/resort! We stayed here in the second part of our Mykonos vacation and we could really feel the difference in the personal attention and genuine, friendly service that we received. The staff at Rocabella is truly outstanding. They make you feel at home and are welcoming and inviting.

The breakfast at Rocabella was fantastic. They have some good quality breads and the scrambled eggs are made with fresh eggs with some veggies mixed in. Everything is of high quality and if a food is of traditional Greek descent, there is a short description of the food item.

The sleeping rooms are small but adequate. There weren’t a lot of flat spaces to put your things (sunglasses, bottle of water, cell phone etc…). So I rearranged a bit and made it work for the two of us. I do wish the bathroom had better ventilation. The only window in the bathroom looked onto the toilet and the shower – so really a bit uncomfortable to have open if you are using either! (You could look into the window from the hallway outside our room, so totally possible for someone to walk by) I would probably give this place five dots if the bathroom didn’t have a slightly funky smell or had better ventilation and if the room layout had some more flat surfaces to put things down. They do include two free bottles of water every day though, and this was a really nice perk!

The pool area is pretty and never too crowded. The pool itself seemed too cold to swim in, although one day we did see some people in it. The pool is super clean and I saw the pool service people on several occasions during our stay. We spent some time relaxing by the pool one day and they came by with some cold water, another cold spritzer drink and some refresher towels. Such nice service! The beach, St. Stefanos, is an 8-10 minute downhill walk from the hotel. We really enjoyed the beach, even though it was smaller than some of the other ones around Mykonos. The water is clear and the beach is sandy, instead of pebbly. No complaints!

The shuttle service is convenient and fast. It is just a 10 minute drive to town, and they are always happy to give you recommendations on where to eat in town. There are no free transfers to/from the hotel, however, so keep that in mind when you are coming. Our taxi ride from the other side of the island (near Elia beach) to the Rocabella hotel was 25 euros. Rocabella charges 20 euros per person per way for a transfer. So it is actually cheaper to take a taxi to the airport from Rocabella than use their transfer service.

Despite the unfortunate ventilation issue in the bathroom, I would probably stay at Rocabella again. The service is really wonderful, the nearby beach is quiet, and the beds are comfortable.

Dear expateurotraveler,
I am really sorry that you found our pool cold. Although, let me assure you that this is the temperature all over the pools in Mykonos that time of year.
Finally, I am also sorry for the ventilation system problem in your room and be sure we will immediately repair it.

Georgios Kalfopoulos

Been to Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA? Share your experiences!