“Perfect !” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Agios Stefanos
Herefordshire
“Perfect !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

What I love most about this hotel is EVERYTHING !

We stayed at the Rocabella in mid June and when we arrived we found that we had been given a room upgrade to a honeymoon suite, which was utterly gorgeous and overlooked both Mykonos town and the pool ! The hotel is in a perfect spot,easy to get into Mykonos town (via courtesy hotel taxi) and close to a lovely beach with tavernas !

The hotel was stunning and so much care had obviously gone into every detail. It felt like the staff just wanted us to have the best time ever.... and we did ! It is the attention to detail which makes this hotel special....welcome fizz, chocolate fondue brought to our room, iced flannels and water brought to us whilst by the pool, small delicacies given to us to sample and little treats on our bed every evening !

Also can highly recommend the hotel's restaurant, Ergon,the food was fabulous and reasonably priced.

It's actually hard to put into words how wonderful the staff were...when we left Maria hugged me and I actually cried because they had all been so lovely and we appreciated it so much !

Room Tip: Would definitely have a room with a jacuzzi.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
RocabellaMykonos, Owner at Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear janettem770,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay with us!
I am more than happy to know that your stay with us was all it could have been!
It is with great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the hospitality that our team offered!
When a guest becomes part of our family we are so excited! We are happy to know that we deliver a good level of Greek hospitality. It is what we learned over the years from our families to offer from our hearts.
I am pleased to hear that your contact with all the team was memorable and I will be sure to thank them personally for this.
Please feel free to contact me or Irene directly so that we may personally take care of you and your next stay with us.
Once again thank you for this amazing review. Be sure that we will keep offering the authentic Greek hospitality to all of our friends.
So, its sure not good bye but sees you soon…

P.S. Feel free to post any photos from your stay with us on our official face book page!

Georgios Kalfopoulos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

If you're thinking of travelling to Mykonos and are searching Trip Advisor for a hotel, look no further, as Rocabella Mykonos should be your hotel of choice if you're looking for:

1- A gorgeous property right outside of Mykonos Town (a 10 minute drive away).
2- Fantabulous, personal service. You feel like part of the hotel family. Every guest is known not only by name, but after a day, what you like, and what you don't like.
3- Great rooms with fabulous beds, and surprises from the hotel along the way.
4- Beautiful views of the harbor
5- Great, great creative breakfasts
6- Their new restaurant, Ergon serves, wonderfully fresh mezes for lunch, and incredible food at dinner. This new venue at Rocabella Mykonos is a brand new still undiscovered restaurant gem, that makes some of the best food we had during our stay.
7- Their spa, while small, offers an excellent massage.

I know that this review sounds like an advertisement for the Rocabella Mykonos, but I have to tell you, the staff, led by their incredible General Manager Irene, (who answers all of your pre arrival emails), is wonderful- super friendly, and incredibly caring. This hotel has an wonderful warmth that cannot be described in a review- you have to experience it to understand it.

This hotel is highly, and hardily recommended!!!!

Finally, after our five days at this wonderful property, we were fortunate enough to be going to their sister property in Santorini, the Rocabella Santorini, which I will review separately. After our experience at Rocabella Mykonos, I was looking forward to more of the same in Santorini- which, in a totally different way, also was incredible.

Room Tip: Just ask for a room with a harbor view- Some rooms have outdoor tubs which are great as well.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear sockster,

Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Rocabella Hotel & Spa the second week of May 2013. The hotel was a 15 minute cab ride from the tiny Mykonos airport. About 12 euros or so. I don't remember exactly but it was reasonable. As soon as we arrived we were greeted by the friendly reception staff. I believe her name was Christa. Our luggage was taken to our room while were were explained some of the sites and attractions in Mykonos along with two glasses of champagne. We arrived around 6pm so were definitely ready for dinner and needed some recommendations. It was my birthday that day so we wanted something a bit nicer. Christa recommended a great seafood restaurant called Koursaros. The first impression I got from the hotel was how beautifully light and airy the place seemed. The decor was all white. Quite a contrast to the hotel we stayed the few days before in Paris. Once we had our map of Mykonos we were taken to our room. The room was just gorgeous. The room was a great size, not too big or small and very bright and white. It was refreshing and calming. The concrete slab bathroom was very modern and sleek. There were some bathroom amenities such as soap, lotion, shower cap, etc. Drinking the tap water is discouraged but they bring you a big bottle of potable water as soon as you arrive. Since I was 5 months pregnant that scared me a little. I ended up brushing my teeth with bottled water. That was a bit of a negative for me. But, in those mountains of Mykonos I am not surprised. Perhaps they can invest in a water filtration system in the future. The hotel is just too nice not to have one. We had a balcony facing the ocean and the dock. We saw numerous cruise ships during out 3 night stay. That will give you an idea of the type of tourists that were in and around Mykonos Town. Positive for some, negative for others. Within 20-30 minutes of arrival we received a knock on the door with some lovely chocolate fondue with an assortment of fruits to dip. That was a really nice touch. It was really delicious. Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate with us during our stay. We weren't able to enjoy the pool because the weather was windy and a bit chilly. A few times it poured down with rain. Also, the spa was being renovated so we weren't able to enjoy that either. I wish we would have known that before going there. The rooms are so lovely that spending most of the day indoors was also a treat. TV was not very good, though, if you spoke something other than Greek. There is no restaurant on site but the pool side bar has a small menu which I would skip unless you spent the day at the pool. I had a club sandwich one afternoon and it was just average and took a long time even though we were the only ones there. The breakfast buffet is pretty good, though. A nice selection to get full on before heading out for the day. All in all I wouldn't say that food is their specialty. Service definitely is! I can't stress enough how friendly and helpful the staff were. I would definitely stay there again and hope that the weather is better. I think that put a "damper" on things.

Room Tip: As long as you have a room facing the ocean you are good to go! The ocean is just breathtaking.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MelLuvsCharlie,
I am more than happy to know that your stay with us was all it could have been!
Be sure that we will look into investing on a water filtration system! Thank you for your suggestion!!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The Rocabella was the perfect hotel for our stay in Mykonos during our honeymoon. The hotel is located north of town, so it is very quiet and relaxing. The hotel driver is great, and brought us into town each day and night. The private transportation is especially important, given the shortage of taxis on the island. The staff at the Rocabella was extremely helpful, and made us feel welcome from the moment we arrived. The breakfast is another highlight, as the coffee was the best we had in Greece!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear tightcity,

Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Amazing hotel, stunning location and breathtaking view , so bright so airy!
i visit Rocabella from 2008, the first year it opened , i fell in love and i go every summer !
The most relaxing place i have ever visited! Minimal decoration total white with a wonderful pool area . The staff is friendly and helpful , i feel like home! Every aspect of this hotel is beautiful!
Congratulations to Rocabella team! you are all wonderful and thank you so much !

Dear Evi B,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a couple of nights early July and had a stunning experience!

Upon arriving we we're told that we had been given a complimentary room upgrade that includes a private hot tub! We were also given 2 free massages that really helped us to relax. We were greeted with a huge smile by Maria and also given 2 glasses of champagne! Quite an amazing start!

Everyone in the hotel we're more than friendly, helpful and accommodating. It's rare to have an experience where you literally can ask for anything and the Rocabella make it happen immediately! You aren't made to feel like a room number - you felt like a person in the hotel that all the staff knew and liked. This is rare to have even from the best hotels in London!

Maria at the bar was also always helpful and helped us choose the best places for us to eat and drink everynight. On top of all this the hotel offers a complementary shuttle service that drove us to and from Mykonos town pretty much whenever we were ready to leave! (Although I think it is scheduled for every half an hour in the evenings anyway). We also we're driven to the airport via the private hotel shuttle when we were ready to leave also which was such a nice touch.

The hotel gave us surprises the whole way through and these small touches and gestures stay with you and make it truly memorable. Every night after returning from a night out all the candles in the room and on our balcony we're lit for us with a full turn down service and various different food treats left out everynight. These things aren't expected but certainly make it a very memorable experience and classify the service in this hotel as 5*.

The Location - Is a 5 minute drive from the town centre (Mykonos town) which is perfect as the town is very busy and congested and so the location gives you the chance to unwind and relax whilst being very close to the main city.

The Hotel - Beautiful relaxed hotel that makes you feel as if you are the only ones in the hotel even if its fully booked! The breakfast was vast with practically anything you would want. The chef also brought over fresh tasters that he prepared each morning.

We we're also warmly greeted by both hotel managers who constantly helped and checked we were having a great stay - they looked after us like family which makes you feel more relaxed and wanting to return!

This hotel has no pretentious attributes - the prices of the room and food are more than justified in the service, location, decor and hotel amenities.

Any couples or individuals looking to stay in Mykonos should stay at the Rocabella as I can assure you the stay is guaranteed to be a 'sure thing'!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Antg7,

London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Our stay at Rocabella Mykonos was one that we will always remember and one we can not say enough about! We can't wait to visit again one day and were stunned by how amazing every aspect of our stay was. We have never received such service anywhere we have stayed and probably couldn't even imagine the service offered here.

We were picked up at the airport and taken to the hotel where we were greeted with champagne and given a very nice introduction to the resort and the area in general. Plenty of tips were given and it was clear that the staff would be more than happy to accommodate any requests that we had.

We were on our honeymoon and they upgraded our room for us. Our room had it's own little porch, with lanterns going up it, the view was STUNNING and the actual room was the coziest room I have ever stayed in. It felt more like a guest room in a home than a hotel. The bedding was extremely comfy, there was music that you could turn on in the room which was extremely relaxing, there were delicious snacks and beverages available in the fridge, as well as a kettle and tea. As the island did not have drinkable water, they supplied you with bottles of water (which we realized after being in Santorini was a huge perk!), the room was decorated as one would decorate their home. They brought up a bottle of champagne and chocolate fondue for us on our first night there, which was such a nice surprise and delicious! We also had a massage included in our stay and although it was just a 15 minute one it was fantastic and yet another great way to relax and unwind. Had we not left this for our last day, we likely would have scheduled another!

We ate at the restaurant there twice and both times loved the food and service received. We asked for more bread to accompany a dip we ordered and were told it wouldn't be long, but they just had to bake it! We couldn't believe the freshness, attention, and care that went into the food! The breakfast here was by far the best breakfast that we had during our 2.5 week trip through Europe! The selection and quality was top notch and although it was "buffet" like, they brought freshly squeezed juice and coffee as well as a specialty that they were making that day. We also saw them refill the food in small portions so you knew it had never been sitting for long and was always fresh!

They recommended a restaurant to us for dinner, which was in town, and probably the best meal we had on our entire trip! The shuttle service offered was also a very nice perk as you didn't have to worry about getting there and back and it wasn't an additional expense for you.

The resort was incredibly clean, the staff were like your friends who just couldn't do enough for you. We received top notch service in every area of the hotel from the front desk, to the shuttle driver, to the staff by the pool, to those in the restaurant, and of course the quality of the FOOD! There was a telescope which was really neat to look at the moon in the evenings and at night they would light candles in each lantern throughout the resort making it even more tranquil, peaceful, and romantic. They also lit those in our room so when we would come back our room was always candle-lit with a little treat on the bed, which was never just a typical chocolate. It was always something more and with cute notes about it. The music that plays throughout the place is great too! It is yet another way to help you unwind.

I can't say enough about this place and wish we could have stayed longer. I also wish we had booked our stay in Santorini at the Rocabella there, if it is remotely comparable to Rocabella Mykonos. Thank you Rocabella Mykonos for being so outstanding in every way!

Dear Sarah L!

Georgios Kalfopoulos

Been to Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA? Share your experiences!