“Beyond Our Expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Agios Stefanos
Exeter, UK
“Beyond Our Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

If you have scanned through the reviews of the Rocabella here on Tripadvisor you will have realised that the vast majority of visitors believe they have experienced something a little bit special. Having just returned from a fantastic week at the Rocabella I’m pleased to say that we too have experienced the superb staff who can’t do enough for you, the beautiful pool, the rooms with their great views and all those nice little touches that make this such a fantastic boutique hotel.

As mentioned by many, the shuttle into Mykonos Town is a great benefit. If you do fancy walking off the huge breakfast you consumed then you can walk into town. It will take you about 40 minutes, but be warned, it’s quite hilly and there are no pavements so you will be walking along the roadside for large parts of the walk.

Of course there are a huge number of restaurants in Mykonos Town to eat but if you fancy staying in Agios Stefanos there are a couple of nice traditional tavernas serving great food. Epistrofi is a nice fish restaurant with a beachfront setting and Limnios Taverna is worth a mention; great meat dishes with really nice views, just follow the steps up the hill from behind the beach.

All the little extras add up to make the Rocabella stand out as an exceptional boutique hotel. Thank you to all the staff and management for making our stay so memorable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
RocabellaMykonos, Owner at Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear SimonHitch,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay with us! I am more than happy to know that your stay with us was all it could have been!

At that point I would also like to let you know that it is with great pleasure to strive to offer you the best holiday memories…
I am pleased that your contact with all the team was memorable and I will be sure to thank them personally for this.

I think Mykonos is all about hospitality and friendship. When a guest becomes part of our family we are so excited! We are happy to know that we deliver a good level of Greek hospitality. It is what we learned over the years from our families to offer from our hearts.

I would take pleasure in welcoming you back so that you could experience the extra services we will offer next year.

Please feel free to contact me or Irene directly so that we may personally take care of you and your next stay with us.

Once again thank you for this amazing review. Be sure that we will keep offering the authentic Greek hospitality to all of our guests/friends.

P.S. Feel free to post any photos from your stay with us on our official face book page !
We will be more than happy to see them posted ;)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

As part of my work I often get to stay in some of the most expensive hotels in the world, and rarely find anything to write home about, the usual professionally good service, facilites and food. The Rocabella has managed to surprise and delight me in the space of just one week. We hoped, at best, for a well run and a pleasant hotel, but what we found was amazing and surpassed even our wildest expectations. The hotel itself is located on top of a hill overlooking the beach, with views that simply take your breath away. The attention to detail is impeccable, the bedrooms have all the usual facilities, but are just lovely with amazingly large balconies that overlook the sea. The jacuzzi bath was a real bonus. We couldn’t ask any more of the staff, who were friendly and helpful well above and beyond the call of duty. We were treated like royalty and the things I expect to pay highly for at most hotels were just part of the service. A free 15 minute massage, one of the best I’ve ever had, a constant supply of fresh water, drinks, melon and snacks served to you by the pool. All at no extra expense. Beautifully lit candles all around your room and little gifts of a night. One night chocolate, the next a snack so that you don’t get hungry in the night! I have been trying to wrack my brain of a hotel I have enjoyed staying in more and I genuinely can’t think of one. I felt totally at home, thoroughly relaxed and confident that if I had any problems they would be sorted out immediately. I’m usually quite glad to leave a hotel and get home, but I was really sad to have to leave and wanted to stay much much longer. We often spoke of it being the ideal place for a wedding as it was so romantic and perfect. We also mentioned how none of the photographs we'd seen of the place did it the justice it deserves! Altogether the perfect hotel on the perfect island for the perfect holiday. I can’t recommend it enough.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are so well designed that it would be hard to find a bad room. Ours was towar...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
RocabellaMykonos, Owner at Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Havingamare,

Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed at Rocabella on the last week of September. Although I was on a business trip, the hotel staff made me feel like I was on my dreams vacation.
To start with the location, the hotel is sited on a place with a breathtaking view to the sea and the town of Mykonos (great view from every single spot of the hotel).
Arriving at the hotel, you can notice the friendly, very helpful and always smiling staff. The restaurant is amazing and the pool is astonishing. View is magical wherever you stand.
The room was a real surprise. Amazing natural light, decorated with class and fine taste. I had a great view even lying on the bed, so it would be not necessary to describe how it was to be on the balcony. Absolutely perfect!! Arriving at the room, I felt so fresh and comfortable that I didn't want to leave it. The staff had prepared small surprises, such as fruits with melted chocolate on arriving, small chocolate on the pillow when I got back to the room, or small candles all over the room and the balcony, which made me feel really special and gave me a cosy and warm feeling.
Service was really of high standards,as the hotel can offer you whatever you can imagine.The quality of the food was excellent, made of fresh and healthy materials and I have to admit that the chef was really inspired. I expected high prices, but, surprisingly, the prices of the restaurant were reaaly low compared to the quality offered. I would also recommend the cocktails at the pool bar.
The hotel offered a royal, fresh and homemade breakfast.
In conclusion, the rates were more than logical, still the quality of the service was extremely high. I am really looking forward to visiting Rocabella as soon as I can.
Thank you people of Rocabella for everything, but most of all for the smile and the warmth you gave me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
RocabellaMykonos, Owner at Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Maria N,
At that point I would also like to let you know that it is with great pleasure to host business travelers and strive to offer them some piece of paradise.
It was an ultimate pleasure for us to provide such a memorable stay.

P.S. Feel free to post any photos from your stay with us on our official face book page!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Rocabella Mykonos is branded as an art hotel and spa and this designation is most apt. The property is utterly beautiful. It feels like an extension of the breeze that comes off the sea as it rises over the cliffs of Agios Stefanos. The stark white layout is pleasantly asymmetrical with rooms that make the spectacular views part of the decor. Everything from the facade of the lobby to the pool area is presented with utmost care and finesse.

As former and repeat guests of Rocabella Santorini, our expectations for the sister hotel in Mykonos were already at a premium. Of course, we were not disappointed! The Mykonos experience was indeed a sisterly equal on all levels and it made our honeymoon an unforgettable experience.

Our room provided a large terrace overlooking the breathtaking vista. We were particularly impressed with the supple comfort of the queen sized bed. My wife maintains it was among the most comfortable beds she's ever slept in.

The pleasant-spirited staff were always at the ready with advice for restaurants, beaches, and all manner of recommendations to make our stay ever more ideal.

The serene and transportive spa at the resort is like a haven within a haven and I had a marvellous and relaxing massage that I could have had each day.

Breakfast is served in a spacious section around the pool and the bar section provides custom coffees and juices.

As always, we rented a vehicle and the staff at the rocabella facilitated the process with unbelievable efficiency. Within 20 minutes of announcing our request for a vehicle, were were well on our way to exploring the famous island.

There may be more lively accommodations in Chora (town) and perhaps some of the beachside hotels offer the advantage of being step from the water but I cant imagine a more idyllic place to go to sleep or rise to meet the day in Mykonos.

Thanks to everyone at the hotel for making our stay so wonderful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
RocabellaMykonos, Owner at Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Gus D,

At that point I would also like to let you know that it is with great pleasure to see old friends visiting us back as we strive to offer you the best holiday memories…
It was an ultimate pleasure for us to provide such a nice honeymoon for both of you

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

We visited Rocabella for the second time in September, having enjoyed our first trip there last year. We were not disappointed and as before had a fabulous time. The staff are so friendly and helpful - always happy to go that extra mile be it a cappuccino in the morning at breakfast or helping arrange a trip to a neighbouring island. The rooms are fabulous, clean and bright with amazing views. The level of service is second to none and the best we have experienced in any hotel. We have recommended it to family and friends - some of whom have already visited and loved it as much as us. We hope to return again next year - diaries permitting!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
RocabellaMykonos, Owner at Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear Liz O,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Just come back from another amazing stay at the Rocabella - this time it was to host our wedding, which was spectacular, thanks to the support of the entire Rocabella team. The team immediately become like family, nothing is too difficult and they are always there to help. Their quality of service really sets them apart from all other hotels I have stayed in, and lets face it, its the service and people that you remember the most. The entire Rocabella team are exceptional, the hotel is utterly magnificent - the pool, pool bar, restaurant and rooms are all beautiful. Thoughtful touches like lighting your bedroom candles in the evening or leaving chocolates on your bed make it that little extra special. The hotel will also transfer you into Mykonos town which makes getting in and out super easy. Thank you Rocabella for making stay and our wedding so incredible!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
RocabellaMykonos, Owner at Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear S S … ,

I must agree with you. Your wedding was an extravaganza and was a great pleasure for us to host you and your guests.
I think that’s what Mykonos is all about. Become friends with your guests and offer the best homemade hospitality from your heart.

P.S.Take a look of the photos we posted from your wedding on our official face book page! Post post if you wish! We will be more than happy to see them ;)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Rocabella made our vacation a complete success. Their personalized service made us feel at home; their small details are always there with small surprises and tasty treats. Any request is welcome and nothing is impossible or difficult to handle. We are definitely going back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
RocabellaMykonos, Owner at Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear sigarvila43,

Be sure that we all strive to offer the homemade Greek hospitality. It is what we love to do!

We will be more than happy to see them posted ;)

Been to Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA? Share your experiences!