“why?” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Agios Stefanos
midlands
“why?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

i still read reviews of hotels that i have previously stayed at.
why are all the great ratings for this hotel written by greek people?
this hotel,as i said at the time needed to work hard to improve.just putting rave reviews on this website is not fair to people who have a right to expect good value for what they spend.the reviews recently posted are not a true representation of what to expect when you arrive.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
MykonianMare11, Υπεύθυνος Ρεσεψιόν at Mykonian Mare Boutique & Spa, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for submitting a second review for Mykonian Mare. As you may see, all of our reviews are not only Greek, but also from other guests from all around the world that have spent their summer with us and have truly enjoyed it.
I assure you as in our previous reply to your feedback that all of our guests will be very pleased and will enjoy the utmost of their summer vacation in our renovated beautiful property.

Do not hesitate to contact me any time should you need further clarification for our improvements or need to book a room with us for this summer:)

Best Regards,
Katerina Stamouli
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Greek first
Athens, Attiki, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

After two years we decided to go on holiday with our 7 years old son.The driver of the hotel came and took us from the port(who was very friendly and full of advice).When we entered the mykonian mare hotel we had our welcome drinks and very fast they took us to our room.. which was in front of the pool.. a junior suite with a balkony next to the pool bar,something that helped us enjoy our vacation and relax while our son swim in the pool and play.The stuff was very friendly always next to us.We use the shuttle service many times and the driver was always on time.The room was clean every day and many times twice per day.The breakfast was good and the dinner even better.Thank you very much to everyone who worked in the mykonian mare for these unforgetable holidays.See you next year!

Room Tip: 411 or 412... you will understand when you open the door!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I have been travelling to Mykonos for many years. This time I decided to stay in a different hotel (than usual), a bit further away from town center. I was impressed by the warm welcome of the driver that picked me and my boyfriend at the airport and by the kindness of the receptionist upon arrival. We requested in advance for an early check in (11am) and they offered us a Suite with private pool (instead of a Junior Suite that we had booked), in order to facilitate our request. It was a welcomed surprise for us!!!! We had planned to stay for 4 nights but we ended up to one week. The room was modern, minimal and very well decorated. The bed was amazing (they had the same premium beds with the hotel I used to stay before in Mykonos; I cannot recall the brand name though!). The staff was polite and helpful and we felt very comfortable. I would like to express my special thanks to the lady that she cleaned our room daily (#218 our room number, but apologies I do not remember the name of the lady). Breakfast was convenient (could have been slightly better) but the food at the restaurant in the evening was amazing. Thank you all guys, hopefully I will see you next summer :-)

Room Tip: most of the rooms offer nice view (as I could see from the outside of the building). the suites with...
Lamia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

It is the first time I write a review for a hotel, although I am a frequent traveler. I have to say that this hotel is among the best I have been to. I and my wife had some days off in September and we booked through the internet to the Mykonian Mare. The hotel is located on a hill very near to the new port and the view there is breathtaking. When we arrived we were treated as VIP’S. We were offered two drinks and were welcomed by two smiley young people in the reception. They have willingly helped us with the luggage and showed us our room. I was really impressed when I saw the room, because it was not the type I booked. To explain, I had booked a standard garden view and they have upgraded me to a Junior suite on the first floor with an outdoor Jacuzzi!!! Me and my wife felt like we ;re on our second honeymoon!!!
After we thanked them, we had a rest to our room (very clean and the mattress sooo soft!!!) and then we went to have a snack and have something to drink. We sat at the pool bar where we ordered 2 plates (reasonable prices ) and 2 drinks. We really relaxed by admiring the view, but I have to say that people there are really warm. It is like they know when you want a little chat with them or when you want to be peaceful. I find this really professional.
Overall, our vacation was great and something that we will remember. Our days kept passing and we got the most of this open air in Mykonian Mare. I will very seriously consider visiting you again next summer!
Congrats to all of you! Keep up the good work!!!

Boston, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

the worst hotel experience of our lives. The experience was so bad, its almost incredible. The bedsheets had blood on them, and when we asked for them to change, we were accused that we did it! The faucet didn't work for a full two days, and we were offered to use the common area bath until the plumber was available, as it was a holiday. We asked to be moved for a different room, but were told the the only available rooms were a higher category and we had to pay extra.

Shocking.

What was worse was the attitude of the staff, I asked to speak with the owner, and I got a call from a Giannis Koyas, after explaining my frustration, he was very rude and arrogant and suggested I stay elsewhere, "I HATE THESE [--]" in Greek when referring to me to his associate in an aside, as he probably did not know I also understand Greek, and my wife had not checked in yet.

So in an island that is supposed to be gay friendly, he is also homophobic! where did this guy come from? Truly, utterly, shocked and dismayed.

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your review with the Trip Advisor community. However, it seems that your feedback is overall very aggressive. Additionally, it is insulting, exaggerating and not at all reflecting the truth.

Therefore, we decided to extend no further to any of your accusations since we would like to maintain a certain level of quality.

Best Regards,
Katerina Stamouli
Front Office Manager
Athens, Attiki, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Mykonian Mare Resort was a magnificent experience. We spend there very good time and we enjoyed the splendid service very much. When arriving you grasp a great view of Mykonos town and the neighbouring islands of Tinos and Delos. The most spectacular thing was the pool side and the pool bar where you could enjoy your drinks by the sea side and the spectacular view. Reception and service where of great level. The staff was very helpful and the location is very close to town you could even sometimes walk there. The kids had really enjoyed their time there. There are many activities for children and the whole facility is very friendly for kids.

Room Tip: Corner Suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We had wonderful time at Mykonian Mare Hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful , rooms were clean and the view was fantastic!! The location was very good close to the town and near the beach.Even though we stayed only few days we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Mykonian Mare Boutique & Spa? Share your experiences!