Upon arrival at this hotel we were impressed with the welcome we received from the staff and the welcome drink. Whilst we appreciate that photo's can be deceiving, there is a world of difference from the website photo's and the reality. We paid for a Jacuzzi on the balcony which did not work, at all and was more of a whirlpool bath than a Jacuzzi. The air conditioning didn't work however that was fixed within the day of us complaining. The toilet was another matter!. It ran constantly, the maintenance man pretty much made daily visits to our room but the darn thing just kept running! Only the handset on the shower worked... We could have forgiven the hotel a lot of this, as the staff were so friendly if it hadn't been for the fact that it marketed itself as 5 star and charged accordingly. We would have stayed around the pool for lunch if a plate of spaghetti hadn't been 19 euro's.
We appreciate that the hotel has recently been refurbished. Perhaps the money could have been spent on improving the basics rather than the soft furnishings (which are lovely). The setting for the breakfast area is lovely but the layout of the plates and food was very much 3 star rather than 5 and whilst we appreciate that it is al a carte, the limit of 2 eggs for breakfast was a little disappointing.
The location of the hotel was stunning with the sea view rooms having breath taking views. It was a problem with taxi's but the staff were more than accommodating when it came to the shuttle. We wanted to extend our room for 6 hours when leaving but were told that it would cost 120 euro's for the extra time. What a shame. The manager was very apologetic but we only wanted a shower!
Masses of potential at this hotel. We hope they keep up the good work but need to invest in the basics.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All rooms and suites of Mykonian Mare combine the amazing view of the Aegean and Tinos & Delos islands, with fine Cycladic architecture and modern technology.Among the luxurious facilities one can find in the rooms are the private pools, the Coco –Mat mattresses, the Jacuzzi and the Spa cabins, suitable for In-Suite spa treatments, such as aromatherapy and colortherapy.Mykonian Mare Boutique & Spa is one of the few hotels worldwide that is equipped with a high technology lighting system, that creates scenarios and awakes senses.The restaurant of Mykonian Mare serves traditional & Mediterranean cuisine in a peaceful atmosphere, while gazing the magnificent view.The stylish pool bar is equipped with sun beds, where a guest can relax by having a cocktail or a snack.Mykonian Mare offers a variety of services such as a welcome desk where someone can find information about the town and famous beaches, arrange a car rental or a tour to the surrounding islands. The property offers to all guests complimentary transfer from/to the airport & port of Mykonos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel, Venere, Agoda and HotelsClick so you can book your Mykonian Mare Boutique & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mykonian Mare The Art Resort n` Hotel Agios Stefanos
- Mykonian Mare Boutique & Spa Mykonos/Agios Stefanos