“if the room could be a little big” 4 of 5 stars

Grace Mykonos Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Agios Stefanos, Agios Stefanos 84600, Greece   |
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Agios Stefanos
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“if the room could be a little big”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I've been here on Oct 2011. stayed 3 nights combined 3 nights stay with Grace Santorini. so we got some discount and benefits.
when I reached my room, I found my decision is something wrong. it's not the hotel but the room type. I book the VIP suite in Grace Santorini, in the case, for the budget reason, I book the double room with plunge pool here. when I check the floor plan, I found this type of room is a little small than the double room, but since there's a lovely outdoor plunge poor, I finally book this type. however, when I open the door to find the room is too too small. I don't know what about other same type room, but my room-room 42 is terribly small... a double bed with 3 corridors, no more space... the corridor is only allow 1 person pass, I guess big size people may need sidle...the terrace is big, but the plunge pool is small compared with Santorini one. I think double room shall be better than my choice.
however, Grace Mykonos is a beautiful hotel, design is good, as well as location. all rooms have a sea view, 5-10mins driving distance to the Mykonos town. services are excellent, staff are friendly and helpful. I've tried Spa here, it's pretty good.
same as Santorini, the breakfast is not plenty enough, not any Asian type food.

Room Tip: if you choose double room, please be aware the double room with plunge pool is very small.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
GraceMykonos, General Manager at Grace Mykonos Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Fish Ting,
Thank you for sharing your comments on your stay in 2011. With regards to the breakfast menu, it is our philosophy to bring the local experience to life, not only through design concepts, facilities and our team members, but also (and very importantly) through our culinary offering. We try to use local produce wherever possible and many of our guests have really enjoyed quality of the Mediterranean dishes which our chefs put together. We are sorry to hear that this particular room did not suit you, but do hope it does not deter you from visiting us again soon, as it would be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Kostas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is our second time visiting The Grace in Mykonos and we were not disappointed..... from the friendly arrival 'meet & greet' at the airport, champagne welcome at the hotel and service throughout our holiday we couldn't fault it!
The attention to detail from the nightly turn down service, breakfast menu and little amuse bouche left in the room when we came back from town, lovely toiletries including everything you could ask for in the bathroom and selection of facilities in the room so that you wanted for nothing made for a really relaxing holiday. We want to thank Kostas & Katerina for their warm hospitality and for making it a truly wonderful break for us. Also Angelo the restaurant manager is an absolute gem and was fantastic every day in making us feel welcome and offering to help wherever he could. Dejan and Dimitris on the bar were fabulous and made some very enjoyable cocktails!!
We are definitely coming back for our third time next year and recommend this to people who want to be near town but also away from it all and have a relaxing time away from home. All of the staff were wonderful and sorry we couldn't recall everyone's names!!!
We cant wait to come back!!!!

Southampton UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

All my husband and I can say is what a number 1 place to stay. The staff are just the best cannot do enough to help you make the most of your stay , I feel if we had asked for anything they would have gone that extra mile to get somehow PERFECT.

The food was excellent , very fresh ,tasty and perfectly presented excellant job all .

Rooms were very well presented and very clean they abviously take pride in their work well stocked with tea coffee water and fresh fruit every day in room . and the little cards with beads on with lovely messages left every evening just a lovely touch ,thank you

Shuttle service -excellent they gave a time and they were there for you anytime you asked -great service

All I can say is a very big massive thanks to all for making it such a lovely holiday will be returning for sure .

We spoke to a number of people in the and on beach and we know and feel we had picked the very best .

Room Tip: We had a room at the top lovely views , but all rooms have a sea view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Athens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This beautiful boutique hotel is everything what could I asked for business meeting that I have organized. What we all loved most was the personalized service we got before and during our stay.
Breakfast was delicious, on the roof next to the pool with glorious sea views are simply spectacular
The service is excellent, and everything we asked for was handled on the spot.
LD

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The promise of the hotel is wonderful - and you feel it when you arrive. The staff are amazingly attentive and welcoming, and you get the sense that nothing is too much trouble.

We stayed in the Honeymoon Suite - primarily because it was at the top of the hotel and had its own rooftop deck and plunge pool - ideal if you want to get away from it all.

We'd organised the stay through Mr & Mrs Smith (as we usually do). And my contact there did what she always does and ensures any hotel we stay at knows that hubby is vegetarian and will be well catered for. Not so at the Grace. Each day we ate at the hotel, there always seemed to be a level of surprise that John is veggie - and the dish/es that would then be put on offer were disappointing. Such a shame as the food for omnivores was superb. I had one of the best meals I've eaten...

It became clear to us through our stay that the evening meal is not the Grace's forte (as opposed to breakfast or lunch, which are excellent). So if you go, find somewhere else for dinner.

The shuttle into Mykonos Town is great - but be prepared to either plan the timing of your trip well in advance, or wait to fit their schedule if you feel like being spontaneous. The walk takes about 40 mins or so, but it can get quite hairy as cars/buses/trucks whizz around corners while you are walking on the road.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GraceMykonos, General Manager at Grace Mykonos Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Cameron M,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the Honeymoon Suite and the feeling of escape that so many others appreciate too. It is also wonderful to know that you had one of the best meals you’d ever eaten. I am sorry that your partner did not feel that the vegetarian options matched this very high standard. As always, we appreciate all our guests’ feedback and use this to continuously improve. I hope that you will both come back again in the future and we will have the opportunity to impress you both to the same extent.

Best regards,
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This hotel is the place to go if you are looking for a relaxed and first class customer service experience. We were told on arrival that nothing would be too much trouble during our stay, and that we just had to ask if there was anything we wanted or needed. The very friendly and professional staff delivered on this promise every day. The views are great, the rooms brilliant (I can recommended no 52), food and drink just excellent. Thank you to everyone at the hotel for making our week one to remember.

Room Tip: Room 52 is great - own sundeck and plunge pool.
Dear LouiseE,
We are delighted to read your feedback about your recent stay at Grace Mykonos. Thank you for your kind comments, which I will be sure to share with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back one day soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel, formerly Hotel Castro, was my family's hotel for many years and I spent over half a dozen summers here...so I am speaking from some serious experience!

First, the hotel is immaculate. When you get to Mykonos, you need to take a taxi to the hotel, which is still on the port side, and just around Tourlos, the new port.

This hotel, which is about 2 miles from the Hora (city center) is just far enough so you can have a romantic night or can catch a 5 minute cab ride into the city. There are also buses that will take you into the city that stop at the foot of the hotel.

The beach is the best part about this hotel....the only beach with sand, this little bay is perfect for laying out or taking a dip and the restaurant by the beach gave us the best greek salad and fries we had the entire trip.

This is the gem of Mykonos...it's on the right side of the island, it's far enough to give you privacy but close enough to run wild...if you want!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Jimmy1212,
We are delighted to read your feedback about your stay at Grace Mykonos. Thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you back one day soon.
Kostas Mavrogiannis

Been to Grace Mykonos Hotel? Share your experiences!